Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:

info bulletin:

Robinson interview backs up my statement that DD had not happened
    Knew about meire going in the morning a bit before it was announced
    one striker nailed down to be signing in january - definite - been with us before, another, more experienced well into talks but a snag has developed
    konsa will not be going without a loan back
    heard a possible lookman loan
    RM running the show following meire resignation

As ever, offering info for the board - not a wind up - if you don't like it or believe it - tough, poke it up your hole - no further posts from me in response to above.

@DOUCHER 3 @Airman Brown 0
    Mavididi & Doyle. The snag being Doyle has a bloodclot and could be out until February.
  • Scoham said:

Let’s say we believe Doucher for a second, I’d say the striker we’ve had before is more likely to be Mavididi than anyone else.

It would certainly make the most sense.

Oh goody! The player who has never scored a senior goal, the answer to all our problems...
    Yeah but he went on a good run once and nearly scored...
    He most certainly did it was a mazy slalom dribble at Rochdale away last season where Tex scored 2, Botaka the other, in a 'defences on top' 3-3 draw.
  • kafka said:

Joe Piggot playing well for Maidstone. Just managing expectations

Yeah so is Frank Nouble...
  • DOUCHER said:

info bulletin:

Robinson interview backs up my statement that DD had not happened
    Knew about meire going in the morning a bit before it was announced
    one striker nailed down to be signing in january - definite - been with us before, another, more experienced well into talks but a snag has developed
    konsa will not be going without a loan back
    heard a possible lookman loan
    RM running the show following meire resignation

As ever, offering info for the board - not a wind up - if you don't like it or believe it - tough, poke it up your hole - no further posts from me in response to above.

@DOUCHER 3 @Airman Brown 0
    Mavididi & Doyle. The snag being Doyle has a bloodclot and could be out until February.
    Or Kieffer Moore, another name mentioned.
  • bobmunro said:

shirty5 said:

New owner, new manager

I am waiting for terms of the sale. Is Duchatelet going to try & hold onto the Valley, Sparrows Lane & the Debt ? It would not surprise me that he has the arrogance & the ignorance to try & get away with that.

It feels that he may want to control the assets / Debt & the club in the background. I do not trust Duchatelet one iota as it is clear, he has his own interests first. I would seriously question any bid / owner’s business acumen that allows Duchatelet that level of control.

I seriously hope a bid such as that does not win out. Charlton needs to be able to rebuild a positive relationship with its supporters. That can only happen with Duchatelet out of the picture. Those ROT local candidates may still be needed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Quite a few guessing/hoping that January 1st may be the day the announcement we all wish for will be made.
    In typical Charlton fashion, I expect to be disappointed
  • I have been away from the Valley and have not posted since Duchatalet messed up.
    Very interested with all the commentary about cost to a buyer, what about adding in at least £4.4mn of previous Directors loans, as apart from Murray they would all want their money back.
    They have the first charge on all the assets of the Club, would any new buyer really want to have unsecured loans sitting behind them?
    I would suggest that would be the first deal to be done unless buyer is pumping in Equity,which I very much doubt.
    I know if it was me in their position ,after helping to keep Club alive by leaving interest free loans in for Murray,Slater and Duchatalet that I might now be a little bit less flexible.
    Just saying.

Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha good effort wum

I have been away from the Valley and have not posted since Duchatalet messed up.
    Very interested with all the commentary about cost to a buyer, what about adding in at least £4.4mn of previous Directors loans, as apart from Murray they would all want their money back.
    They have the first charge on all the assets of the Club, would any new buyer really want to have unsecured loans sitting behind them?
    I would suggest that would be the first deal to be done unless buyer is pumping in Equity,which I very much doubt.
    I know if it was me in their position ,after helping to keep Club alive by leaving interest free loans in for Murray,Slater and Duchatalet that I might now be a little bit less flexible.
    Just saying.

I have been away from the Valley and have not posted since Duchatalet messed up.
    Just saying.

Just saying.

• Deal was done then Duchatalet realised that Ex Directors came first in Debt Queue, and if he had to pay them off to give clean title to buyer, then he would get less.
    Now looking for someone who will let him leave debt in place or a mug who will put his debt second in line with no assets like he did.
    This deal is a long way off.
  • Deal was done then Duchatalet realised that Ex Directors came first in Debt Queue, and if he had to pay them off to give clean title to buyer, then he would get less.
    Now looking for someone who will let him leave debt in place or a mug who will put his debt second in line with no assets like he did.
    This deal is a long way off.

What is your source for that?
  • Thought ex directors only got their money when/if we reached the prem?
  • Is this the same David Smith who used to be involved?
  • edited December 2017

Thought ex directors only got their money when/if we reached the prem?

They have first legal charge debentures I believe and nothing can be done with the assets until they are either repaid or they enter into some form of Postponement/Letters of Priority however one would hope this has already been addressed but maybe not, I'm NITK btw.
  • Unless someone wants to remove the charge on assets and then they have to pay the Debentures off.
    Duchatalet either didn’t care about first charge on assets when he purchased Club or some say did quick DD and never read all the documents or his people didn’t. Murray must have known terms though as he is biggest creditor in Debentures?
  • Sponsored links:

• My last comment as have to go.They want repayment , of course it came up in DD.
    Read my first comments above, Deal was Done and it must have popped up in DD, who pays?

That’s all I can say.
  • My last comment as have to go.They want repayment , of course it came up in DD.
    Read my first comments above, Deal was Done and it must have popped up in DD, who pays?

That’s all I can say.

Who pays? Assuming repayment is the only answer for one or several of the ex directors then that's for the buyer and seller to thrash out of course and that's all I can say, looking from the outside in.
  • Red Chaser you are spot on . Thus stalemate on deal. Airman I don’t know who he has direct communication with other than Murray, but if he has he ain’t understood they want repaying , and not fans of his .
  • Red Chaser you are spot on . Thus stalemate on deal. Airman I don’t know who he has direct communication with other than Murray, but if he has he ain’t understood they want repaying , and not fans of his .

Nothing is impossible with Duchatelet, but what kind of idiot would have bought the business without understanding these charges?
  • edited December 2017

Red Chaser you are spot on . Thus stalemate on deal. Airman I don’t know who he has direct communication with other than Murray, but if he has he ain’t understood they want repaying , and not fans of his .

Nothing is impossible with Duchatelet, but what kind of idiot would have bought the business without understanding these charges?
    One who had a lawyer, albeit whose qualifications not gained in the UK, involved in the process? :open_mouth:

Edit; oh and more money than sense it transpires
  • Ask Richard Murray you know him well, ask him if Roland will pay him and the other Ex Directors off, he bought Club without clearing charges why? Did he know? Did Meire and Joyes screw up?
    Any new buyer with a brain wants those charges lifted, and they are more valuable than Roland’s loans that are unsecured.
    My source, It’s common knowledge those guys want their money back if buyers want charges released and who wouldn’t in their shoes.

Lots of assumptions about what the old director want there. I don't know what each one wants other than as fans they want the best for the club as they see it.
  • edited December 2017

Ask Richard Murray you know him well, ask him if Roland will pay him and the other Ex Directors off, he bought Club without clearing charges why? Did he know? Did Meire and Joyes screw up?
    Any new buyer with a brain wants those charges lifted, and they are more valuable than Roland’s loans that are unsecured.
    My source, It’s common knowledge those guys want their money back if buyers want charges released and who wouldn’t in their shoes.

Lots of assumptions about what the old director want there. I don't know what each one wants other than as fans they want the best for the club as they see it.
    And that's the problem. Murray sees his continued involvement as best for the club.

All my opinion of course ,If a deal looks like it involves giving him the elbow then he won't sanction it.

Bloke needs to take a long hard look at himself.
    Muzza needs one of those mirrors that the evil queen in Snow White used to have :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!