Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Did David Joyes resign because new owners were on the verge of coming in or because he was peed off with the way RD was negotiating with potential owners?
    Genuine question, I have zero ITK status.
  • Valley11 said:

Did David Joyes resign because new owners were on the verge of coming in or because he was peed off with the way RD was negotiating with potential owners?
    Genuine question, I have zero ITK status.

Possibly neither of these based on Airman's detective work on the Joyes thread. Maybe he just applied for his dream job back home in the North East and got it.
  • J BLOCK said:

Makes you laugh when people post tit bits like that - post the context of it or don’t post at all

He just parrots stuff from other sites.
    He thinks DD means direct debit.

It's reasonable to assume then that SO stands for sod off :wink:
  • There has definitely and certainly already been a due diligence process on behalf of somebody conducted by Mishcon de Reya (sp?).
    If each interested party needs a separate DD then it can be said that DDhasn't happened for some people and it can be true, but DD has absolutely certainly happened on behalf of somebody.
    I am an interested buyer, simply awaiting funds from Euromillions, but as yet I have not initiated due diligence, but for Doucher or anybody else to say DD hasn't happened simply isn't true.
  • edited December 2017

Red Chaser you are spot on . Thus stalemate on deal. Airman I don’t know who he has direct communication with other than Murray, but if he has he ain’t understood they want repaying , and not fans of his .

Nothing is impossible with Duchatelet, but what kind of idiot would have bought the business without understanding these charges?
    Are these the charges we're talking about listed here? If so, they're hardly difficult to find.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02689249/charges
  • I think the fact DJ was leaving made most think it’s over but we were mistaken I think this is a long way from being over

I think it shows that RD thought it was done and so he allowed KM and DJ to find other jobs.

Only it wasn't so he's now having run a business with Keohane as the only senior manager employed at the Valley.

In other words he's mismanaged the end of his ownership just as badly as he did the start and all the bits in-between.

It would be funny if it wasn't our football club being run like a circus.
    I told you right from the start of his tenure, one of the things we needed to know was his exit strategy.

Well now we know.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017
    RedChaser said:

Scoham said:

Let’s say we believe Doucher for a second, I’d say the striker we’ve had before is more likely to be Mavididi than anyone else.

It would certainly make the most sense.

Oh goody! The player who has never scored a senior goal, the answer to all our problems...
    Yeah but he went on a good run once and nearly scored...
    He most certainly did it was a mazy slalom dribble at Rochdale away last season where Tex scored 2, Botaka the other, in a 'defences on top' 3-3 draw.
    Has everyone forgot about Igor

He has been away, 10 goals this season and has played for us before even though he has been loaned out
  • Red Chaser you are spot on . Thus stalemate on deal. Airman I don’t know who he has direct communication with other than Murray, but if he has he ain’t understood they want repaying , and not fans of his .

The question is who has to negotiate with the ex-Directors re their debenture. A price for the club debt free may well have been agreed but has RD then gone to the ex directors and said I will give you 10p in the £ to walk away? They will obviously say no, certainly RM who would prefer the debenture rolled over with him having a roll, even if offered 80p in the £. Also I suspect all the ex-Directors have to agree - even one saying no might stop any deal??
  • Scoham said:
    Make a good Manager he will with that sort of diplomatic talk
  • So what's the latest on Betty Hutchens cashing in her Giro ????
  • vffvff
    edited December 2017
    Maybe any hold up with former directors may enable the group with more funds to manage the process. This may force Duchatelet to drop any idea of trying to retain the Valley or training ground & be more flexible on the debt.

The delay may be a good thing. Duchatelet does like to get deals done & having come this close to relinquishing ownership, I don’t think he wants to spin things out further.

I am attempting to be positive & look forward. Let’s hope Charlton supporters everywhere get some good news for a great new start for the New Year.
  • Sponsored links:

• vff said:

Maybe any hold up with former directors may enable the group with more funds to manage the process. This may force Duchatelet to drop any idea of trying to retain the Valley or training ground & be more flexible on the debt.

The delay may be a good thing. Duchatelet does like to get deals done & having come this close to relinquishing ownership, I don’t think he wants to spin things out further.

I am attempting to be positive & look forward. Let’s hope Charlton supporters everywhere get some good news for a great new start for the New Year.

You make some good points there vff.
  • I didn't know it was explained to Meire thats interesting so did she tell Roland then or did he find out during DD process this time?, RM would have known obviously, but maybe played down their value as maybe he thought he could get the others to do a deal .
    Lets not forget Roland has left running of Club to Meire and Murray, you have been there, what do you think happened?
  • Far from being a monkey on clubs back these Loans have stopped potential development of Valley and any deal to sell Club and lease back valley.
    As couldn’t be done all the time charges were there.

Absolutely agree with that.

On your other point, I’ve always been very clear on the status of the loans so it seems extraordinary to me that RM wouldn’t be, for example. If RD didn’t understand that it shows him up to be a very careless businessman, in my opinion. Indeed my understanding is that one ex-director, who you may know, explained it to Meire in 2016...
    Agreed. This issue should be clear to all parties. I think it’s a negotiation issue on (a) valuation and (b) who pays.

I disagree with @Davidsmith’s view that an immediate and certain cash sum, at a discount, would not be attractive to some parties. Remember they only get repaid if we ever reach the premier league (or possibly in an administration). Neither event is foreseeable. In that respect, the present value of the loans in the accounts is overstated (assumes promotion at the earliest possible date i.e. in two seasons) and the individual directors know that.
  • edited December 2017
    What @AshBurton said above :+1: so nothing further to add than previously that it is for the buyer and seller to come to an agreement over @HardyAddick :wink:
  • AshBurton said:

Far from being a monkey on clubs back these Loans have stopped potential development of Valley and any deal to sell Club and lease back valley.

On your other point, I’ve always been very clear on the status of the loans so it seems extraordinary to me that RM wouldn’t be, for example. If RD didn’t understand that it shows him up to be a very careless businessman, in my opinion. Indeed my understanding is that one ex-director, who you may know, explained it to Meire in 2016...
    Agreed. This issue should be clear to all parties. I think it’s a negotiation issue on (a) valuation and (b) who pays.

I disagree with @Davidsmith’s view that an immediate and certain cash sum, at a discount, would not be attractive to some parties. Remember they only get repaid if we ever reach the premier league (or possibly in an administration). Neither event is foreseeable. In that respect, the present value of the loans in the accounts is overstated (assumes promotion at the earliest possible date i.e. in two seasons) and the individual directors know that.
    I think that any director that loaned the money and signed it away in the manor that they done have no interest in taking a lower amount they done what they done so the club could move forward virtually writing that cash off in many respects

Anyone who buys us that is worthy of owning our club and has the financial clout to do so should respect that and pay the debt to those who saved our club

I don’t reckon RD knew anything about who and how that debt was structured to be repaid because he is so far detracted from our club and we were just one of many he purchased to play out his fucktarded Vision

The mans an egotistical arsehole that’s from a Belgian u21 coach who was doing some work at Leige

And his ego and his pathetic attempts to be the final piece of his Vision will continue to fuck us until the very last minute
    Happy New Year :0)
  • Solidgone said:

AshBurton said:

Far from being a monkey on clubs back these Loans have stopped potential development of Valley and any deal to sell Club and lease back valley.

I think that any director that loaned the money and signed it away in the manor that they done have no interest in taking a lower amount they done what they done so the club could move forward virtually writing that cash off in many respects

Anyone who buys us that is worthy of owning our club and has the financial clout to do so should respect that and pay the debt to those who saved our club

I don’t reckon RD knew anything about who and how that debt was structured to be repaid because he is so far detracted from our club and we were just one of many he purchased to play out his fucktarded Vision

The mans an egotistical arsehole that’s from a Belgian u21 coach who was doing some work at Leige

And his ego and his pathetic attempts to be the final piece of his Vision will continue to fuck us until the very last minute
    Happy New Year :0)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!