Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited January 2018
    J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Anything coming out of today’s game?

I took a couple of photos of some suited gents on the pitch pre kickoff as I thought they might have been representatives of one of the interested parties but after further consideration decided that they were just the match sponsors.

I can post the photos though if you like?
    Yeah do it
  • Heard today that RD said to KR that the takeover might be in "three days, three weeks or three months."

If it could be in three months it could just as easily be four, five or six.

Sounds to me that an impasse has been reached.

• Heard today that RD said to KR that the takeover might be in "three days, three weeks or three months."

I may be completely wrong, but I read that as three different timescales for the three different reported bids.

I may be completely wrong, but I read that as three different timescales for the three different reported bids.
    Not how I took it but who knows?

Interesting view.

Given a choice I’d happily settle for three days.

• If the "familiar faces" include Peter Varney, then he better have the highest bid by millions of pounds because I think Roland would rather endure more abuse for another year than sell to him.
  • J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Anything coming out of today’s game?

I took a couple of photos of some suited gents on the pitch pre kickoff as I thought they might have been representatives of one of the interested parties but after further consideration decided that they were just the match sponsors.

I can post the photos though if you like?
    Yeah do it
    The image is not showing for some reason. Not sure what I’m doing wrong tbh.
  • If the familiar face is Richard Murray that would explain am awful lot of the scorn poured on DD, cash flow and integrity of rival bidders.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope to God whoever buys this club sends Murray away on day one. To keep him here for yet another ownership tangle would be like having the smell of pooh on your shoe following you around after previously wiping it off.

As a newer fan, for me when I think of Murray, I think of that first video release by the club where he said "we will no longer have to sell young players, early" and for his dreadful performances at fan meetings, which are also on YouTube. He was a true believer of RD and KR, early, and stuck by them and I want nothing to do with him.

If he remains in ANY fashion at CAFC after Rolly sells, my excitement over a takeover will be diminished at least a little and possibly more. It will also make me wonder about how much new owners are aware of fan's feelings about the RD regime and those who enabled it.
  • No real clues who the buyers are.

• Apparently, they have a fairway to go.

Would explain why most of the transfer rumors coming out are for loans.
  • A major stumbling block may be the appearance of another potential buyer. If they offer a million or so more than the Aussies Roland may turn the Aussie' bid down. It would mean a new DD taking place which would put any takeover back by weeks if not months.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cue pages and pages of golf puns.............
  • addick05 said:

A major stumbling block may be the appearance of another potential buyer. If they offer a million or so more than the Aussies Roland may turn the Aussie' bid down. It would mean a new DD taking place which would put any takeover back by weeks if not months.

Seeing that @Redhenry said the group he knows of is still involved I think we all need to strap in for a few more months of this nightmare.
  • Anyone shed any light on who is part of this Aussie bid - we know Muir is in their, but do we have a group of businessmen or just him?
  • Laddick01 said:

Cue pages and pages of golf puns.............

Honestly I hate it when people ruin the thread with terrible puns

It’s rough.
    It's an albatross around this thread's neck.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!