Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• On Murray. Is that likely to be a sticking point at all? AFAIK he's still owed money, is it likely he'd insist that he's kept on?
  • suspect @ShootersHillGuru you are very much on the money with your summary
  • edited January 2018
    Hex said:

Think Katie was desperate to remain in the football industry. She courted jobs in football administration and when the opportunity to take a CEO job came up she took the chance in the full knowledge that her reign at The Valley was at some point over the next few months was going to end.

The suggestion that Duchâtelet was “stunned” is believable as I’m sure that KM would have been absorbed into his Staprix Death Star when the curtain finally comes down on his experiment.

I’m certain that losing his trusted captain will have expedited his desire to get rid of the club as there is now nobody at The Valley he can fully trust.

My fear is that he’s now going to jump at the first group with the necessary cash which might not be the best long term buyer for the football club. With Murray now with even more influence I am not convinced that he (Murray) won’t steer RD towards whatever bid suits him best.

I really do hope that whichever consortium eventually wins out are the owners we want them to be but I also have a nagging feeling that whoever takes control there might be a feeling of what might have been.

I think that process started a long time ago.
    Indeed. And RM will enjoy the latest situation as it puts him in pole position to deal with Robinson.
  • I really hope she jumped before she was pushed, maybe the alleged DD that has been completed has brought to the surface a monumental f*** up on her part and she clashed with RD over it, or knew he was going to get a heads up.
    If so, want her to get some comeback from her sugar daddy.
  • Think Katie was desperate to remain in the football industry. She courted jobs in football administration and when the opportunity to take a CEO job came up she took the chance in the full knowledge that her reign at The Valley was at some point over the next few months was going to end.

The suggestion that Duchâtelet was “stunned” is believable as I’m sure that KM would have been absorbed into his Staprix Death Star when the curtain finally comes down on his experiment.

I’m certain that losing his trusted captain will have expedited his desire to get rid of the club as there is now nobody at The Valley he can fully trust.

My fear is that he’s now going to jump at the first group with the necessary cash which might not be the best long term buyer for the football club. With Murray now with even more influence I am not convinced that he (Murray) won’t steer RD towards whatever bid suits him best.

I really do hope that whichever consortium eventually wins out are the owners we want them to be but I also have a nagging feeling that whoever takes control there might be a feeling of what might have been.

so is there any logic wherein fans can claim a victory by exposing Meire and damaging her reputation making her want out?
  • Hex said:

Think Katie was desperate to remain in the football industry. She courted jobs in football administration and when the opportunity to take a CEO job came up she took the chance in the full knowledge that her reign at The Valley was at some point over the next few months was going to end.

Indeed. And RM will enjoy the latest situation as it puts him in pole position to deal with Robinson.
    Define deal with for us will ya?
  • Sponsored links:

• razil said:

so is there any logic wherein fans can claim a victory by exposing Meire and damaging her reputation making her want out?
    I still think the overriding motivation for her was to remain in football. I think if that Sheff Wed job hadn’t materialised she would still have her feet firmly under the table at The Valley. Her reputation with her boss seemed to be Teflon coated and she certainly has the brass neck to ride out all the criticism thrown at her.

I suspect you're right she really had no option as walking without somewhere to go would be very risky so she was tied in.

I'd like to think the protests did affect Duche, particularly the Belgian ones adding to his poor experience of football particularly English.
  • Can someone please elaborate on the Murray / Robinson relationship. Seems a subtext going on here that I don’t quite understand.
  • edited January 2018
  • edited January 2018

Dazzler21 said:

Hex said:

Define deal with for us will ya?
    Deal - A town in Kent, which lies on the English Channel, just up the coats from Dover and just down the coast from Ramsgate.
    I'll take care of this, Airman
    And in return, I'll tidy up your quoting for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018

Can someone please elaborate on the Murray / Robinson relationship. Seems a subtext going on here that I don’t quite understand.

Simply that this is the role he enjoys and that he hasn’t really had it since 2010.
    Thanks

Should we be alarmed

• edited January 2018

What is best for Club is for everyone who supported Roland to go,

If one,two or even 6 other Directors are being difficult over charges in hope of getting right people then good on them.

Is that what is happening then?
    Have they got as much say as Murray or Duchatelet?

• Duchatelet's lawyers will be dealing with the alleged offers, with Roland having the final say. Murray will have his hands full dealing with the running concerns as CEO. I think he will do a decent job. Will he sack Robinson? Doubt it, as no one would touch us with a bargepole until the takeover is complete.
  • What is best for Club is for everyone who supported Roland to go, having Murray dictate who the buyer is will potentially be a disaster .
    It is time we had a clean sweep, all Loans removed and a fresh bunch of people given a clear run at turning Club's fortunes round.
    The last 7 years have been a disaster and there is one common denominator, and who was advising Katrein and Roland anyway?
    If one,two or even 6 other Directors are being difficult over charges in hope of getting right people then good on them.

I just want someone to be involved with the directors who knows how much the valley means to the supporters and can ensure that we stay at the valley.
  • price will surely determine the best deal, not Murray?
  • Italian menu on offer at the Oldham match. Was the perma tanned tosser in the know?
  • vff said:

Cheery news from newshopper, who are suggesting Meire’s resignation came as a surprise.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/15801733.Duchatelet_prepared_to_lower_asking_price_for_Charlton_as_takeover_talks_continue/

Not sure on the story but it is a good way to start the working week of the prospect that Duchatelet wants to lower the price & sell up as soon as possible.

That story is pretty much correct, I think.
    Clever ruse to protect her CV.
  • Murray being involved I think means Robinson is here to stay for the time being. Until the takeover goes through at least. Remember he sacked about the same amount of managers as Katrien but over a 15-20 year period
  • edited January 2018
    No evidence its Varney, although maybe its a smokescreen to stop Murray blowing it - wishful thinking tho I feel.

What has been mentioned is price drop, therefore we assume he got an offer that was lower than he wanted so opened up the playing field and managed to get another interested party we assume willing to bid higher than the first, hoping to start a bidding war.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!