Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Duchatelet's lawyers will be dealing with the alleged offers, with Roland having the final say. Murray will have his hands full dealing with the running concerns as CEO. I think he will do a decent job. Will he sack Robinson? Doubt it, as no one would touch us with a bargepole until the takeover is complete.

Murray isn’t chief executive, acting or otherwise, and never has been.
  • Duchatelet's lawyers will be dealing with the alleged offers, with Roland having the final say. Murray will have his hands full dealing with the running concerns as CEO. I think he will do a decent job. Will he sack Robinson? Doubt it, as no one would touch us with a bargepole until the takeover is complete.

But given Meire’s departure and the comment that RM would be getting more involved by RD is it fair to assume that RM will undertake that role for a presumably pre sale period ? If not who else ?

• razil said:

price will surely determine the best deal, not Murray?

So it all boils down to what's best for Harvey :wink:
  • edited January 2018

Duchatelet's lawyers will be dealing with the alleged offers, with Roland having the final say. Murray will have his hands full dealing with the running concerns as CEO. I think he will do a decent job. Will he sack Robinson? Doubt it, as no one would touch us with a bargepole until the takeover is complete.

But given Meire’s departure and the comment that RM would be getting more involved by RD is it fair to assume that RM will undertake that role for a presumably pre sale period ? If not who else ?

Nobody. Murray will do the liaison with the manager and be on the end of the phone. He isn’t going to manage the non-football staff day to day because that doesn’t interest him and never has.
  • as said been on the sellers side of DD 3 times (5 star hotel).

First DD we were running round like idiots getting all the info together.By the time the 3rd(eventual buyers) did their DD we had the vast majority of info there and ready straight away. We knew who might get queries and we knew where we would get a lashing.

One thing which im sure has a bearing on CAFC at the moment is Capital Expenditure. As a holder of a CAPEX budget i received in writing a letter from the owners that my budget re Capex was suspend until further notice.
    The spending of Capex alters (or can) the asset value of the business. Its why i cant see us BUYING anyone.

I found the Shareholder statement from 2007 a few days ago and in it it shows the leading share holders and the amount of shares they held at that date. Im sure it wouldnt equate to the actual amounts of deferred loans to CAFC but it could be an indicator. Share value at that time was 50p (stated). I cant attach but could write em out if interested
  • as said been on the sellers side of DD 3 times (5 star hotel).

First DD we were running round like idiots getting all the info together.By the time the 3rd(eventual buyers) did their DD we had the vast majority of info there and ready straight away. We knew who might get queries and we knew where we would get a lashing.

One thing which im sure has a bearing on CAFC at the moment is Capital Expenditure. As a holder of a CAPEX budget i received in writing a letter from the owners that my budget re Capex was suspend until further notice.
    The spending of Capex alters (or can) the asset value of the business. Its why i cant see us BUYING anyone.

I found the Shareholder statement from 2007 a few days ago and in it it shows the leading share holders and the amount of shares they held at that date. Im sure it wouldnt equate to the actual amounts of deferred loans to CAFC but it could be an indicator. Share value at that time was 50p (stated). I cant attach but could write em out if interested

Did anything coming out of DD force you to lower your asking price?
  • Remember that there can be no leasing of the ground or the training ground without the agreement of seven ex-directors or the settling of their debt.

I didn't know this.

I don't fully understand the details of the debt but surely Roland wont want to settle it?

Gives me hope.
  • How much is that again?

£7m.
  • Sponsored links:

• It is understood that the unexpected departure of countrywoman Katrien Meire, who resigned as chief executive to take up the same role at Sheffield Wednesday, has stunned Duchatelet.

'Countrywoman'.

Reminds me of this
    https://youtu.be/cR2tp5j5xD0

£7m.
    Can they call for it at any time?

For instance, if he's dragging his heels could they demand it say tomorrow?
    or will they only get it back at a sale or reaching of the prem?

Probably not for the best I agree and doubt they would but if 7 directors were demanding there money in a certain time frame would this speed up the old scroats necessity to sell?
  • Forgive my ignorance but what is the source of the enmity between Murray and Varney?
  • edited January 2018

How are playing staff valued in the business though? Is a player a capital expenditure? Or an expense - and how do you value a player's worth - be it now or future likely value...?

• i wasnt party to how much was offered at any time. The sellers where in Japan and the buyers in Thailand.
    1995 ish and i had to explain to the new owners rep that it was fine by us if he wanted to be David during all the meetings and day time but if he wanted to be Davina at night she couldnt sign for the restaurant etc as Divina hadnt actually checked into the hotel !!

and they think our sale has issues ???

They question is "would ya"?
  • Surely more of a “did ya”?
  • Bet he did.
  • Sponsored links:

• So Duche is willing to lower his asking price, from the ridiculous 50 million, now that the Nightmeire is over. Surely that has been the case internally since Meire handed in her notice (a month ago?).
  • johnny73 said:

So Duche is willing to lower his asking price, from the ridiculous 50 million, now that the Nightmeire is over. Surely that has been the case internally since Meire handed in her notice (a month ago?).

That’s assuming she actually gave notice a month ago, which in itself is an incredibly short notice period for a management position. Considering some of the processes she initiated in the week before the announcement it seems unlikely that she was sure of leaving at that point, but that is just pure speculation on my part.
  • When you hear talk of RD lowering his asking price, don't forget the example of Standard Liege not long ago. The new owner couldn't afford RD's price, so RD loaned him the difference, to be paid off over the next few years. That was something like 6 or 8 million euros and it meant SL started its new era hamstrung. And that was a club that had been much more financially sound that Charlton, until RD sold off its star players and transferred much of the cash into his own pocket.
  • Would RD really want Murray potentially getting in the way of a sale of the club for him? I can see RD accepting the first bid that comes near his valuation, whether it's the Australians, Varney or another group.
  • When you hear talk of RD lowering his asking price, don't forget the example of Standard Liege not long ago. The new owner couldn't afford RD's price, so RD loaned him the difference, to be paid off over the next few years. That was something like 6 or 8 million euros and it meant SL started its new era hamstrung. And that was a club that had been much more financially sound that Charlton, until RD sold off its star players and transferred much of the cash into his own pocket.

Indeed. Though you have to wonder if there are any buyers out there willing to pay for a club that they know will need money pumped into it just to keep it treading water, that will also agree to pay back a loan to the former owner. If they don't have the money for the club now, when are they likely to get it, bearing in mind the operating losses they will be funding?

Of course any repayments could be structured around promotion to the Premier League. In which case, it isn't something we need to be too worried about right now, though the structure of that loan will still need to be scrutinised heavily to ensure it's affordable and allows us enough finances to keep progressing.
  • edited January 2018
    Reality check, Charlton went for a quid a few years back, and had some saleable assets that funded a successful promotion season, albeit with friendly long term debt of £7m, albeit it was a fairly distressed sale.

The spivs flogged it for £15-18m, a division higher, also a distressed sale

Its back in League One, the owner wants rid, with friendly debt of £55m, increasingly becoming a distressed sale - altho RD has money to bankroll losses for some time, so it worth exactly how much?

He'd be lucky to get £20m with a £35m hair cut, if you ask me.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!