Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Uboat said:

vff said:

Cheery news from newshopper, who are suggesting Meire’s resignation came as a surprise.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/15801733.Duchatelet_prepared_to_lower_asking_price_for_Charlton_as_takeover_talks_continue/

Not sure on the story but it is a good way to start the working week of the prospect that Duchatelet wants to lower the price & sell up as soon as possible.

Well well, that is interesting. If true, it reveals even more of Daisy's character. She's been given all this protection and privilege by Roland and then she goes and dumps him just like that.
    Charlton was too small for her.
  • vff said:

Cheery news from newshopper, who are suggesting Meire’s resignation came as a surprise.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/15801733.Duchatelet_prepared_to_lower_asking_price_for_Charlton_as_takeover_talks_continue/

Not sure on the story but it is a good way to start the working week of the prospect that Duchatelet wants to lower the price & sell up as soon as possible.

That story is pretty much correct, I think.
    Wow. It is generally hard to work out which of KM and RD is the more deluded.
    Each bring their individual uniqueness.
    Astounding, really.
  • vff said:

The comment that Charlton fans 'could even get their wish before the end of the season' (i.e. the sale) indicates it may be months rather than days/weeks.

Whilst I'd love it to happen sooner end of the season is fine provided we don't go down and RD is gone completely (including no interest in the Valley, training ground etc.)

• Sponsored links:

• Can someone who’s read it in full pls paste the article - click bait survey thing.
  • Dannoo_86 said:

£50 million he wanted?? Hahaha what a deluded twat.

Yeah, club is worth £77m "enterprise value" everyone knows that ; - )
    This really tickled my pickle.
  • Got a feeling it's going to be this week!
  • Sponsored links:

• Hex said:

Swisdom said:

cafcwill said:

Swisdom said:

All I heard was DD is complete with the aussies and they are ready to go. One other concrete bid but DD not taken place yet. Familiar face(s)

In theory could the 2nd party buy the Aussies DD? Or could that only happen if the Aussies had pulled out if the deal altogether?

cafcwill said:

Swisdom said:

All I heard was DD is complete with the aussies and they are ready to go. One other concrete bid but DD not taken place yet. Familiar face(s)

In theory could the 2nd party buy the Aussies DD? Or could that only happen if the Aussies had pulled out if the deal altogether?

I’ve wondered this. If DD was carried out by Mischon (so) they it’s safe to assume it’s been thorough and has uncovered anything it needs to. You’d think it would be possible to use the same info but I suspect there’s something in law that prohibits it.

Mischon work for Roland not the buyers as I understand it.
    I know lawyers (and accountants) can do any job ;-) but wouldn't DDs be primarily an accountancy area ?
    A dd would normally consist of legal and financial/tax, as a minimum. The financial position of a football club is heavily dependent on the legal agreements around the playing staff (both current and former) so I would say the legal dd is the more important one in this case.

PS I’m an accountant so have no personal desire to admit this!
  • I think the fact DJ was leaving made most think it’s over but we were mistaken I think this is a long way from being over

I think it shows that RD thought it was done and so he allowed KM and DJ to find other jobs.

Only it wasn't so he's now having run a business with Keohane as the only senior manager employed at the Valley.

In other words he's mismanaged the end of his ownership just as badly as he did the start and all the bits in-between.

It would be funny if it wasn't our football club being run like a circus.
    Can't see it. She owes Roland everything. If he F**** up she would just hang around. He'd see her right.

It's either done or he has had a big bust up with her imo.
    I've got a feeling they had a bust up an all. She's always been too loyal to him to jack (at whatever stage a possible take over was at) and I'm sure Sheff Weds woulda waited a while longer to fill such an important position.

Imo he took the piss one step too far...
  • AshBurton said:

Hex said:

Swisdom said:

cafcwill said:

Swisdom said:

cafcwill said:

Swisdom said:

I’ve wondered this. If DD was carried out by Mischon (so) they it’s safe to assume it’s been thorough and has uncovered anything it needs to. You’d think it would be possible to use the same info but I suspect there’s something in law that prohibits it.

Mischon work for Roland not the buyers as I understand it.
    I know lawyers (and accountants) can do any job ;-) but wouldn't DDs be primarily an accountancy area ?
    A dd would normally consist of legal and financial/tax, as a minimum. The financial position of a football club is heavily dependent on the legal agreements around the playing staff (both current and former) so I would say the legal dd is the more important one in this case.

PS I’m an accountant so have no personal desire to admit this!

I quite understand ;-)
  • How many twists will there be to this tail!
  • I hope to God whoever buys this club sends Murray away on day one. To keep him here for yet another ownership tangle would be like having the smell of pooh on your shoe following you around after previously wiping it off.

As a newer fan, for me when I think of Murray, I think of that first video release by the club where he said "we will no longer have to sell young players, early" and for his dreadful performances at fan meetings, which are also on YouTube. He was a true believer of RD and KR, early, and stuck by them and I want nothing to do with him.

If he remains in ANY fashion at CAFC after Rolly sells, my excitement over a takeover will be diminished at least a little and possibly more. It will also make me wonder about how much new owners are aware of fan's feelings about the RD regime and those who enabled it.

I'm assuming in your second paragraph you mean RD and KM.
  • It is understood that the unexpected departure of countrywoman Katrien Meire, who resigned as chief executive to take up the same role at Sheffield Wednesday, has stunned Duchatelet.

'Countrywoman'.

Reminded me of the old 'countryside' joke.
  • Stig said:

It is understood that the unexpected departure of countrywoman Katrien Meire, who resigned as chief executive to take up the same role at Sheffield Wednesday, has stunned Duchatelet.

'Countrywoman'.

Reminded me of the old 'countryside' joke.
    Reminded me of the Kenny Everett sketch where he said "I am a country member..."
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!