Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Lower West today. Pretty sure the potential new owners have just walked into the pitch with Bob Bolder. Have photos and will post later.

Lower West today. Pretty sure the potential new owners have just walked into the pitch with Bob Bolder. Have photos and will post later.

Sorry to burst your bubble mate. Those were members of Dartford Golf Club celebrating a 70th birthday of a long time sponsor. Friends of mine.
    Hope they got more than 14 chips with dinner.
  • edited January 2018
    J BLOCK said:

Anyone shed any light on who is part of this Aussie bid - we know Muir is in their, but do we have a group of businessmen or just him?

I know originally they were looking for a fair few investors and the lower level for a seat at the table was £5 million. I got the impression there were bigger fish involved.

Getting a large consortium of people to agree on each decision and move the club makes would always be a worry for me.
  • Lower West today. Pretty sure the potential new owners have just walked into the pitch with Bob Bolder. Have photos and will post later.

Lower West today. Pretty sure the potential new owners have just walked into the pitch with Bob Bolder. Have photos and will post later.

Sorry to burst your bubble mate. Those were members of Dartford Golf Club celebrating a 70th birthday of a long time sponsor. Friends of mine.
    Hope they got more than 14 chips with dinner.
    18. one for each hole...
  • I just hope they can iron out any issues quickly!
  • SE7toSG3 said:

If the familiar face is Richard Murray that would explain am awful lot of the scorn poured on DD, cash flow and integrity of rival bidders.

Hole in one!
  • A new batch of puns on the takeover thread... excellent....

Anyway here's hoping this all gets finalised sharpish, be about time we got the rub of green!
  • Cue pages and pages of golf puns.............

We aint the Eagles than you very much!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• This will drive me crazy !
  • If we get Godden, it would putt a smile on my face.
  • Swisdom said:

All I heard was DD is complete with the aussies and they are ready to go. One other concrete bid but DD not taken place yet. Familiar face(s)

That sounds like a feasible scenario
  • Trouble is the more the interested parties look into the club the more problems they find that might putt them off.
  • Sorry if this has already been suggested but is it possible KM has joined Sheffield Wednesday ahead of RD purchasing them. Obviously he would have to sell us first.
  • Swisdom said:

All I heard was DD is complete with the aussies and they are ready to go. One other concrete bid but DD not taken place yet. Familiar face(s)

In theory could the 2nd party buy the Aussies DD? Or could that only happen if the Aussies had pulled out if the deal altogether?

• Will the Wendies debunk 'er cheery introduction?
  • cafcwill said:

Swisdom said:

In theory could the 2nd party buy the Aussies DD? Or could that only happen if the Aussies had pulled out if the deal altogether?

cafcwill said:

Swisdom said:

I’ve wondered this. If DD was carried out by Mischon (so) they it’s safe to assume it’s been thorough and has uncovered anything it needs to. You’d think it would be possible to use the same info but I suspect there’s something in law that prohibits it.

• Swisdom said:

cafcwill said:

Swisdom said:

cafcwill said:

Swisdom said:

I’ve wondered this. If DD was carried out by Mischon (so) they it’s safe to assume it’s been thorough and has uncovered anything it needs to. You’d think it would be possible to use the same info but I suspect there’s something in law that prohibits it.

Mischon work for Roland not the buyers as I understand it.
  • edited January 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• Something about a bunker.

Am I doing this right?
  • They just need to choose the right club
  • I can't take any more of this.

If anyone could let me know when it's done and dusted, I'll be in my bunker.
  • just fuck off with the puns. Childish & puerile.

Good call. Don't get sucked down the rabbit hole...

• Swisdom said:

What I like about this scenario is that it would mean Roland is prepared to hear the "familiar faces" out, and not just run off with the cash from the first person to offer it.

I'll be honest, I have very low expectations for how Roland is going to conduct this process.
  • cafcwill said:

Swisdom said:

I wondered similar. Admittedly I have no idea how this stuff works, but I would imagine:

1. The bidders are essentially in competition with eachother; so would the Aussies feel comfortable providing their intelligence and analyses?

1 (a). If the Aussies decided to get the hell out, presumably they could recoup some of the costs they incurred by providing their DD info.

2. The level of trust involved is going to be high: if you're potentially staking an 8 figure value for the club, you're going to want visibility on everything and knowledge that the data is as accurate and comprehensive as possible. Would you trust the data second hand?

3. Although the DD aims to cover the entirety of the business, leaving no stone left unturned, presumably certain parties would pay more attention to areas that they see as core to their vision/plan. i.e The Aussies may be purely interesting in the commercial potential and the footballing staff, whilst the English may want more visibility on the property and land. (Which may fit in with other rumours?)
  • Swisdom said:

cafcwill said:

Swisdom said:

cafcwill said:

Swisdom said:

Mischon work for Roland not the buyers as I understand it.
    I know lawyers (and accountants) can do any job ;-) but wouldn't DDs be primarily an accountancy area ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!