Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited January 2018
  • I have an idea....

If RD sells for less than £55.6M, I will PayPal someone here who knows Henry and Harry (or one of them) £25. That should pay (hopefully) for a couple of beers at some CAFC match.

If...

1. He does not sell by season's end because he is unwilling to take a haircut, or
    2. If he sells for £55.6M or more, or
    3. He only sells part of the club and keeps the debt or an asset because he won't take a haircut

Then I win and they can PayPal me £25.

This makes a game of it and not something which seems to be frustrating me, them and everyone else. And we can stop going over it and wait til the fat Meire sings.

This "haircut" laugh is doing me head in....:(
  • I don’t think the club will sell for much more than £30m-£35m at an absolute maximum. You’re ultimately buying little more than potential and location at this point, whatever he values the valley at and sparrows obviously added too.
    You can hold on to your money as I won’t take the bet, anyone else who wants to is more than welcome. Free £25 :wink:
  • Unless the £35m he invested has made the club £35m more valuable then no it’s not worth even close to that. Don’t get how you’re still struggling with this.

He's a yank. Don't forget they voted for Trump & think that owning a machine gun keeps you safer than owning a handgun.
  • Unless the £35m he invested has made the club £35m more valuable then no it’s not worth even close to that. Don’t get how you’re still struggling with this.

He's a yank. Don't forget they voted for Trump & think that owning a machine gun keeps you safer than owning a handgun.
    You assume I voted for Trump.

I find it best not to assume anything.
  • edited January 2018
    we on then @NapaAddick ?
  • edited January 2018
    Rob7Lee said:

we on then @NapaAddick ?

Yeah, sure. £25 via PayPal.

Agree with your counteroffer on #3. We agree already on #2. Can agree that #1 is hard to nail down, so that would be a draw if it happens.

=)
  • Sponsored links:

• The whole "enterprise value" is a red herring.

It has been explained numerous times to you in different ways by various people what he has spent yet you continue to double and sometimes triple count it.

You have convinced yourself the club is 1 worth £77m and 2 that he won't take less than that.

No evidence to the contrary will impact on your fixation on those concocted numbers so people makes jokes about it.

It's not meant to be nasty, maybe it is British thing but having tried logic and maths humour was all that was left.

Hate to break it to you Henry, but even if he walks away with the £55.6M, he still sells the club for more than 3x the purchase price of 2014, despite relegation. Same is true at £50M.

A lot of your complaint against my idea is that he cannot and will not sell for more than what he bought the club for after relegating us, as if morally the gods won't allow it. Even if I was counting the equity twice, he still does that, in any scenario over £21.6M.

To believe that he will sell it for £20M (less than he bought it for, which by one account is 21.6M and another source shows 18.6M) and eat all that debt, clearing the books for the new owners, makes no sense. He will not eat £35.6M-38.6M of debt. No freaking way.

He’s going to have to eat that figure if he wants out
  • I have an idea....

If RD sells for less than £55.6M, I will PayPal someone here who knows Henry and Harry (or one of them) £25. That should pay (hopefully) for a couple of beers at some CAFC match.

If...

1. He does not sell by season's end because he is unwilling to take a haircut, or
    3. He only sells part of the club and keeps the debt or an asset because he won't take a haircut

This makes a game of it and not something which seems to be frustrating me, them and everyone else. And we can stop going over it and wait til the fat Meire sings.

You offered this silly bet before.

Then as now I said no.

You can't prove the sale price, it will be undisclosed.

But you'll then claim it was £77m anyway using your weird maths.

It's not a game, it's the future of the club.
  • Looks like Jim Davidson has had a heavy Christmas.

How did inkman get in the directors box?
  • edited January 2018

Then as now I said no.

Whatever. This whole convo would not have happened if you did not bring the £77.5M thing all back up the other day on this very thread... completely on your own. You have done that a couple of times now and then complain when I counter it. So hint... if you don't want to hear any more about it... stop bringing it up. The ball is in your court and has been for a while.
  • Bloody hell, woke up and saw 41 new posts and I thought, wrongly, something must have happened!! Only to read that we are arguing about how much RD will sell the club for. It doesn't matter, it will be undisclosed, and RD will sell the club for somewhere between what he wants for it and how much any consortium is prepared to offer. The price will be negotiated and we will never know until the accounts for 17/18 or even 18/19 are published and even then we may not know the whole story. Can we just be happy he is looking to get out and see what transpires, arguing among ourselves is futile because we just don't know.....its the same as trying to answer "how long is a piece of string"......rant over.

In the end, you are likely right on every point.

• You offered this silly bet before.

Then as now I said no.

Whatever. This whole convo would not have happened if you did not bring the £77.5M thing all back up the other day on this very thread... completely on your own. You have done that a couple of times now and then complain when I counter it. So hint... if you don't want to hear any more about it... stop bringing it up. The ball is in your court and has been for a while.
    Stop being such a Meire. You need no encouragement from me to trot yet another set of made up figures and bizarre sums to "prove" he will sell for £77m.

You get your leg pulled because you are so fixated on such a ridiculous number and back it up with such nonsense logic.

It's not £77m and never was although give it another season or two under RD and it will be.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
  • Rob7Lee said:

So I am curious, what do YOU henry and harry, think this club will be sold for, including all debt? Pick a number you think will be more accurate than mine.

£20M? 30M?

You're not avoiding the point are you? We've just run up another £100m of debt due to poor transfer dealing - but heh - clubs worth another £100m more right by your calcs? Enterprise Value yer?

Seriously, if you are back on planet earth now, football clubs (outside of the top 6) are notoriously difficult to value. Yes you have the 'asset' as in players, training ground, stadium etc. But despite the values in the accounts players often decrease in value as they age or run down their contracts, stadiums are just concrete and difficult to do much else with, training grounds often have other restrictions and most clubs lose money each month/year.

My gut feel, if the club is still losing somewhere north of £500k a month, probably still near £1m i'd personally pay him £15m if he writes of all the debt. But I suspect someone will pay north of £20m, maybe as much as 25m, but i'd play hard ball with him if I was the buyer - anyone who wants to sell, regardless of how rich they are, and continue to lose more and more each month will get desperate. In fact i'd offer him £1 and he can keep the debt hold, interest free, until we reach the premier league at which point it begins to be repaid at £5m a year.

Love the opening paragraph. Wish you'd said it a few pages back, might have saved Napa a few head scratching posts and the rest of us the sore foreheads from the repeated facepalms... :wink:
  • I don’t think the club will sell for much more than £30m-£35m at an absolute maximum. You’re ultimately buying little more than potential and location at this point, whatever he values the valley at and sparrows obviously added too.
    You can hold on to your money as I won’t take the bet, anyone else who wants to is more than welcome. Free £25 :wink:

This is what I think too though. The price will be influenced by RD's reluctance to lose more than his ego will take, and the sense of future value (also ego) that will allow for some inflation in the mind of the buyer.

The sticking point will be who pays the charges held by Murray et al. Unless the ex-directors are desperate to be paid, and given that they're genuinely club-friendly (although not necessarily owner-friendly, who knows, the buyers may be willing to accept the charges now and negotiate later just to get the sale through.

I find it best not to assume anything.
    Good, cuz someone will have to putt up the money to get us away from Rolland. I am sure we can iron out the differences and find out from some birdie what the price is... oh wait, sorry, was doing the pun thing again....
    You nearly got, ahem, a flag for that...
  • Rob7Lee said:

So I am curious, what do YOU henry and harry, think this club will be sold for, including all debt? Pick a number you think will be more accurate than mine.

£20M? 30M?

You're not avoiding the point are you? We've just run up another £100m of debt due to poor transfer dealing - but heh - clubs worth another £100m more right by your calcs? Enterprise Value yer?

Seriously, if you are back on planet earth now, football clubs (outside of the top 6) are notoriously difficult to value. Yes you have the 'asset' as in players, training ground, stadium etc. But despite the values in the accounts players often decrease in value as they age or run down their contracts, stadiums are just concrete and difficult to do much else with, training grounds often have other restrictions and most clubs lose money each month/year.

My gut feel, if the club is still losing somewhere north of £500k a month, probably still near £1m i'd personally pay him £15m if he writes of all the debt. But I suspect someone will pay north of £20m, maybe as much as 25m, but i'd play hard ball with him if I was the buyer - anyone who wants to sell, regardless of how rich they are, and continue to lose more and more each month will get desperate. In fact i'd offer him £1 and he can keep the debt hold, interest free, until we reach the premier league at which point it begins to be repaid at £5m a year.

"Goodwill"

; )
  • I have an idea....

If...

Then as now I said no.

Henry, i’m Just going to leave these here for you..
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!