Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• 2 questions if I may -

If RD sold for £20m and that included the ground and training ground, but the new owners still had to pay him an agreed amount to cover his entire investmed, would that be a good deal from the club's perspective?

If RD "cleared all debts" when he bought the Club, why do 7 other people (incl. Murray) still have money owed to them?
  • 2 questions if I may -

If RD sold for £20m and that included the ground and training ground, but the new owners still had to pay him an agreed amount to cover his entire investmed, would that be a good deal from the club's perspective?

If RD "cleared all debts" when he bought the Club, why do 7 other people (incl. Murray) still have money owed to them?

Not sure. I don't understand why he would expect his entire investment back?
    Some deals turn bad, some good.
    With his input this one went catastrophically bad and like all good businessmen(hic) he should take it on the chin.
  • rikofold said:

2 questions if I may -

He didn't clear all debts. He transferred them (in full) to Staprix.

The debt to the ex directors is only payable on return to the Prem or when the club is sold. It's a debt, but it's been a useful safeguard too.
    Yes and is not gathering interest so he sees no need to clear it.
  • As Redmidland said, wakes up to see 41 new posts and thinks something big has happened and it’s just Henry trolling Napa :wink:
  • edited January 2018
    rikofold said:

2 questions if I may -

The debt to the ex directors is only payable on return to the Prem or when the club is sold. It's a debt, but it's been a useful safeguard too.
    @i_b_b_o_r_g Airman will have the figures but a bank mortgage was still in force in respect of the North Stand? when RD bought the club which he (Staprix?) subsequently paid off thereby clearing that charge. The former directors also had charges (debentures) to the value of £7m securing their loans repayable upon a contingency ie promotion to the Prem. These Debentures then became 1st charges which RD could have cleared at any time but he chose not to unless he has only just realised their significance in the overall scheme of things!

The solution is simple, pay the loans up and this is where we are at as Asburton explained the other day but who is prepared to pay? buyer or seller? and negotiations will then be necessary with the ex directors which will probably involve different arrangements as they are in different camps IIRC as Airman once explained.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    rikofold said:

2 questions if I may -

It’s been put to me in the last few days that this is incorrect, although it’s always been my understanding. I’ve been told the debts can be rolled over to new owners without the permission of the ex-directors - however, the new owners would have to be willing to accept the additional liability, of course.

Given the charges are attached to the assets this would still not allow RD to separate the ownership of The Valley and the club without their consent AFAIK.
  • kentred2 said:

Gills in director’s box yesterday. Bloke next to Murray doesn’t look like an Arab!

It's Boris the Bullet Dodger - NEXT OWNER WILL BE RUSSIAN - FACT!
  • rikofold said:

2 questions if I may -

It’s been put to me in the last few days that this is incorrect, although it’s always been my understanding. I’ve been told the debts can be rolled over to new owners without the permission of the ex-directors - however, the new owners would have to be willing to accept the additional liability, of course.

Given the charges are attached to the assets this would still not allow RD to separate the ownership of The Valley and the club without their consent AFAIK.
    It’s not my understanding that these loans are repayable on sale of the club. If so, wouldn’t they have been repayable on the previous sale by the spivs to Roland?
  • edited January 2018
    AshBurton said:

rikofold said:

2 questions if I may -

It’s not my understanding that these loans are repayable on sale of the club. If so, wouldn’t they have been repayable on the previous sale by the spivs to Roland?
    Yes, but they could have been rolled over by consent. The bank loans certainly required that consent. I guess with the former we’d only know for sure with sight of the legal agreement, but given that my source is in a position to know I believe he is right.
  • edited January 2018

AshBurton said:

rikofold said:

2 questions if I may -

Yes, but they could have been rolled over by consent. The bank loans certainly required that consent.
    The devil is in the detail chaps you need a copy of the debentures that were executed by the ex directors. However Letters of priority could get round this and are usually given by the debenture holders and are the norm in respect if factoring arrangements for example.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can we try a new way of dragging this thread up to 300 pages? The puns were a drag eventually, but this business with the valuation is pointless. Like Redmidland, I thought there was some news today, but no. Nothing but smoke, mirrors, and two people arguing about how to do sums.
  • cafcwill said:

RedChaser said:

AshBurton said:

rikofold said:

2 questions if I may -

Yes, but they could have been rolled over by consent. The bank loans certainly required that consent.
    The devil is in the detail chaps you need a copy of the debentures that were executed by the ex directors. However Letters of priority could get round this and are usually given by the debenture holders and are the norm in respect if factoring arrangements for example.
    I hate it when words from my work life infiltrate my Charlton Life
    Sorry @cafcwill I'll be more considerate in future :wink:
  • DA9 said:

I really hope she jumped before she was pushed, maybe the alleged DD that has been completed has brought to the surface a monumental f*** up on her part and she clashed with RD over it, or knew he was going to get a heads up.
    If so, want her to get some comeback from her sugar daddy.

She knew club was going to be sold so sorted herself out with a new club. Probably can't believe her luck.

• 2) RD agreed to take on their debt (effectively clearing it from them and transferring to himself) and paid a notional fee for the club.

Both are effectively the same just approaching from a different angle. They leave the same end product. The purchase price is part of the 55million not additional to it.

Okay, let's say your point 2, above, is correct.

Since the last reports stated the debt upon purchase in Jan, 2014 was £21.6M, and that amount is apparently still on the books, we can assume the total enterprise value of the club was at least that amount, even if he paid only one pound for the club, itself. Do you agree? Yes or no.

Second, since the current debt is now at minimum, £55.6M, if he sells for more than the £21.6M, even if he takes a haircut, then the club's enterprise value went UP despite relegation. Do you agree? Yes or no.

Finally, if he gets £55.6M or more for the club, then it means he has profited. Do you agree? Yes or no?

If I am wrong on any of these 3 points, please explain.

As ever, Charlton would make a great case study for anyone studying Corporate Law, accountancy, or criminal psychology.
  • JamesSeed said:

2) RD agreed to take on their debt (effectively clearing it from them and transferring to himself) and paid a notional fee for the club.

Both are effectively the same just approaching from a different angle. They leave the same end product. The purchase price is part of the 55million not additional to it.

Okay, let's say your point 2, above, is correct.

Since the last reports stated the debt upon purchase in Jan, 2014 was £21.6M, and that amount is apparently still on the books, we can assume the total enterprise value of the club was at least that amount, even if he paid only one pound for the club, itself. Do you agree? Yes or no.

Second, since the current debt is now at minimum, £55.6M, if he sells for more than the £21.6M, even if he takes a haircut, then the club's enterprise value went UP despite relegation. Do you agree? Yes or no.

Finally, if he gets £55.6M or more for the club, then it means he has profited. Do you agree? Yes or no?

If I am wrong on any of these 3 points, please explain.

As ever, Charlton would make a great case study for anyone studying Corporate Law, accountancy, or criminal psychology.
    Or mental illness

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!