Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• they planned on going up this season
  • DOUCHER said:

they planned on going up this season

Yeah, that's going well...
  • I do see a link between staying in the league and the takeover so we will do enough in this window to ensure that happens

You're letting Roland take care of that ,yeah??
    Me I have no influence on what Roland does mate but I would suggest that there is enough will to sell a league 1 club not try and give away a league 2 one

I wouldn’t even trust him that far personally, because his view of what it takes to stay up / go up is bound to be short of the reality. It always is.
    This is what my old boss used to call the time value of money when we looked at companies to buy. We had plenty of time, and they had no money.

Not quite the same here, but Roland must know it’s costing him more each month, and the longer we’re in this division, the less his return will be.
  • edited January 2018
    agreed
  • edited January 2018
    okay
  • Sponsored links:

• The way I see it at the moment is that Roland is desperate to sell and at what cost. I think the fact that we have fallen out of the play off spots has played into the buyers hands... (thanks KR for that). It appears DD has been done by the Aussies but not at least on the other bid (according to sky) but there might be a 3rd bid. I am not ITK bus we know Aussies are one bid and British the other (i would think that is Paul Elliot's consortium). If there is a 3rd bid then who is it? (Peter Varney's mob or Red Bull?). RD will sell to the highest bidder. Ball is in the buyer's court NOT
    Roland's. Now that KM has gone and I am sure he only bought the club for KR he wants out as soon as possible. I have only been 2 games this season and from what I have seen they are not a lay off side. I had ruled out any chance of promotion this year. I am happy to wait until the summer if the best bid comes along. When he is gone I will be the first to get my season ticket.
  • I just don’t see it being anytime soon , and def not soon enough for the transfer window to play a part

Anything we do player wise needs to be done in the next 7-10 days to have any value Real impact and we won’t be taken over by then in imo

Therefor it’s just reality we needed the KM and Joyes departure to signify the takeover yet we are no closer but a week further down that line
  • I wouldn't trust KR to spend any available funds during this transfer window IF the takeover went through and the new owners wanted to give it a go this season. Would need a new man in the door IMO.
  • I think it’s too late to effect this season now, best we can hope for is ‘soon’ to plan for next season.
  • DOUCHER said:

they planned on going up this season

"They"?
  • Sponsored links:

• Anthing short of the playoffs will be a massive failure...once again.

We should be able to compete with teams like Bradford (who sold all their best players in the summer), Scunny, Shrewsbury etc. They don't have bigger resources than us even with the budget we work to now.

Stuart McCall is long in the tooth and knows how to motivate his players! I like KR but it certainly wouldn't hurt him to have an experienced director of football to help him with certain aspects of his managerial game. I know his ego will prob stop that from happening but he wont progress unless he tries different things.
  • vffvff
    edited January 2018

As I see it even with another striker we may just scrape into the play offs. Then you need to ask yourself if we have enough to win them, in my opinion no. If a new owner came in now, i.e. this week, then two or three decent purchases would give us a 50/50 chance of going up. Worth the risk probably as if we miss out then it improves the squad for next season. The longer the window drags on with no sale makes investment if sold less likely.

Personally think it will happen in February and our promotion push will have to wait until next season.

If the decent alleged bidder with funds purchases & not Duchatelet’s preferred bidder - the bidder alleged to be friendly with Duchatelet.

Depends on the details, but being friendly with Duchatelet probably would more likely result in terms favourable to Duchatelet. This would likely fatally hinder Charlton’s chance of future success. To make that more positive sounding, if the Duchatelet preferred bidder were that close, it would have likely happened already. There is the third alleged Aussie bid to factor in as well.

My understanding is on everything that I have read (I don’t have an inside track & it’s my guesswork on things).

The positive thing for me is that Duchatelet, with Katrien Meire walking out the door, is keen to bring forward his departure. This may bring him closer to the bidder with money & who he may not wish to deal with. These bidders, from what I understand do not want to overpay. Hopefully, they can move closer to each other & make a deal.

Anyway, it’’s New Year, I am choosing to be positive & still hopeful that a good deal can be reached that will allow Charlton to move forward, whilst preparing myself for the possibility that Duchatelet will stuff the club in the sale, as he quite clearly blames the supporters for failure of his project. At least there is potential for things to improve, which was clearly not going to happen if Duchatelet remained.

The deal is not currently looking like it will be reached to impact this transfer window positively. We will all find out what is round the corner.
  • I have to disagree, not even making playoffs this year almost guarantees the departure of half the squad. Unless the new owners want a complete rebuild I doubt they’d be too happy with us scraping mid table this season.

THIS - our key players are on two year contracts, if we don’t go up this year they’ll leave with a year to play in the summer.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!