Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

Nice to hear from you - been a while! Is that a comment on the true value of the club right now?
    Clearly not from the Napa Valley school of valuation techniques if so
  • vff said:

As I see it even with another striker we may just scrape into the play offs. Then you need to ask yourself if we have enough to win them, in my opinion no. If a new owner came in now, i.e. this week, then two or three decent purchases would give us a 50/50 chance of going up. Worth the risk probably as if we miss out then it improves the squad for next season. The longer the window drags on with no sale makes investment if sold less likely.

Personally think it will happen in February and our promotion push will have to wait until next season.

If the decent alleged bidder with funds purchases & not Duchatelet’s preferred bidder - the bidder alleged to be friendly with Duchatelet.

Depends on the details, but being friendly with Duchatelet probably would more likely result in terms favourable to Duchatelet. This would likely fatally hinder Charlton’s chance of future success. To make that more positive sounding, if the Duchatelet preferred bidder were that close, it would have likely happened already. There is the third alleged Aussie bid to factor in as well.

My understanding is on everything that I have read (I don’t have an inside track & it’s my guesswork on things).

The positive thing for me is that Duchatelet, with Katrien Meire walking out the door, is keen to bring forward his departure. This may bring him closer to the bidder with money & who he may not wish to deal with. These bidders, from what I understand do not want to overpay. Hopefully, they can move closer to each other & make a deal.

Anyway, it’’s New Year, I am choosing to be positive & still hopeful that a good deal can be reached that will allow Charlton to move forward, whilst preparing myself for the possibility that Duchatelet will stuff the club in the sale, as he quite clearly blames the supporters for failure of his project. At least there is potential for things to improve, which was clearly not going to happen if Duchatelet remained.

The deal is not currently looking like it will be reached to impact this transfer window positively. We will all find out what is round the corner.
    Was it ever thus!
  • Surely Roland would get more for a team in playoffs than a mid table team if he were to sell before end of season.
    even more if we were to go up. It might be his last throw to get recoup some more losses.
  • Will have to remember to pop into the museum for a perspective enhancement....
  • I do see a link between staying in the league and the takeover so we will do enough in this window to ensure that happens

You're letting Roland take care of that ,yeah??
    Me I have no influence on what Roland does mate but I would suggest that there is enough will to sell a league 1 club not try and give away a league 2 one

I wouldn’t even trust him that far personally, because his view of what it takes to stay up / go up is bound to be short of the reality. It always is.
    Well it certainly was two years ago...
  • Addickted said:

I don't get this mate of Rolands he trusts.

If my mate wanted to buy my house and someone I'd never met before wanted to pay £50k more, then I would go back to my mate and say sorry pal, but you're going to up your offer if you want the house.

@Addickted What even if it was Henners? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

If my mate wanted to buy my house and someone I'd never met before wanted to pay £50k more, then I would go back to my mate and say sorry pal, but you're going to up your offer if you want the house.

As a billionaire RD can probably afford to choose his purchaser a little more even if it means taking slightly less. Happens in the property market all the time actually where big corporate sales take place and vendors would rather sell to someone they know will perform than be mucked around by a range of people offering the earth but with no demonstrable track record.

In addition, even if you wanted to take the highest bid you would probably do your mate the courtesy of giving him last option to match if he could, you may even do a deal where you took £50K less upfront and then retained the freehold or received £75K in stage payments over a few years to compensate you.

That said, I am not sure where the ‘his mate’ rumour came from and have given in no credence because of that.
  • DOUCHER said:

Will have to remember to pop into the museum for a perspective enhancement....

The old adage, "If you cannot think of anything useful to say, then don't say it", comes to mind.

Nice to hear from you - been a while! Is that a comment on the true value of the club right now?
    I think he meant “Oh”. Which is of course a perfectly reasonable response for a Charlton supporter.
  • The incalculable thing in all this is Roland himself.
    What price madness eh.
  • Addickted said:

As a billionaire RD can probably afford to choose his purchaser a little more even if it means taking slightly less. Happens in the property market all the time actually where big corporate sales take place and vendors would rather sell to someone they know will perform than be mucked around by a range of people offering the earth but with no demonstrable track record.

In addition, even if you wanted to take the highest bid you would probably do your mate the courtesy of giving him last option to match if he could, you may even do a deal where you took £50K less upfront and then retained the freehold or received £75K in stage payments over a few years to compensate you.

That said, I am not sure where the ‘his mate’ rumour came from and have given in no credence because of that.
    I think the 'his mate' rumour comes from the 'be careful of what you wish for' brigade and as such should be taken with a large pinch of salt.
    Roly will sell for as much as he can get, and sadly it's looking like he is prepared to wait.
  • Murray can fuck off if he blocks the mega rich bidder. I want it to rain money in SE7 for once.

• Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    razil said:

Personally think time is an issue.

With no leadership on the ground, no CEO or CFO, the players will be getting very itchy feet, the team is currently is arguably in free fall.

This situation shouldn't be prolonged, let alone the issues this brings trying to negotiate transfer windows. In addition a sale process will mean investment may be minimal.

This to me is a very precarious position and could see our performance plummet - perhaps no coincidence that the downward direction of travel has already started.

It probably wouldn’t matter in the short term if we weren’t in the transfer window, but since we are it is critical. If I were looking at the situation from another club, I’d be making cheeky bids for Holmes, Konsa, Aribo and Fosu (if he was fit).
  • edited January 2018
    *posted above*
  • I’ve stayed out of this but no longer, this is how I see things unfolding, gobbledygook, gobbledygook, bullshit, bollox, wanker, dickwad duchebag I come from a land down under, rock the casbah, chirpy chirpy cheep cheep, hey hey you you get off of my cloud,mouldy old dough.

Followed by, what’s going on,I can’t get no satisfaction, they call me mr pitiful, 19th nervous breakdown,call the fire brigade, let’s all sing to the death of a clown.

Someone get Martin some help.
  • razil said:

Personally think time is an issue.

With no leadership on the ground, no CEO or CFO, the players will be getting very itchy feet, the team is currently is arguably in free fall.

This situation shouldn't be prolonged, let alone the issues this brings trying to negotiate transfer windows. In addition a sale process will mean investment may be minimal.

This to me is a very precarious position and could see our performance plummet - perhaps no coincidence that the downward direction of travel has already started.

It probably wouldn’t matter in the short term if we weren’t in the transfer window, but since we are it is critical. If I were looking at the situation from another club, I’d be making cheeky bids for Holmes, Konsa, Aribo and Fosu (if he was fit).
    But if someone did that, who would they contact at the club? Robinson would rebuff them; Murray would not be amenable to low bids; and if they went to Roland directly, he might take a while to get back them them as it only takes up 1.5% of his time. The only one who would sell those players cheaply would be Keohone, just so he can get on the bidding club's good books!
  • Red_James said:
    Very interesting @Red_James

So we're in the worse kind of limbo, as predicted.

RD won't spend as wants to sell but RD not selling as no one has matched his unrealistic valuation.

At least the second DD should be quicker as KM isn't around to mess it up and the 34 issues were found in the first one.

Although a different buyer might have other priorities and so find other issues.

Hold tight, it's going to be a bumpy ride.
  • Surely Roland would get more for a team in playoffs than a mid table team if he were to sell before end of season.
    even more if we were to go up. It might be his last throw to get recoup some more losses.

He still interferes (Best signing) and still wants success on a shoe string.
    Really? Don't remember seeing that?
  • Could be the rumoured due diligence for the second party that @Redhenry was excited about and that Angledust on the dark side alluded too

Plus there was that comment last night on Twitter from the London journalist that takeover was looking likely to complete in 2 weeks.

as Yoda/ @Henry Irving says ' WIOTOS'
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!