Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• johnny73 said:

It's all a guessing game. My guesses.

The rich bidders who have baulked at the asking price of 50 million and have their own, much lower, valuation is Red Bull.

The Australians are the second consortium.

The 'mate' of Duche. Well I think that's a Murray consortium. Only the preferred buyer if all else fails. No real money to speak of and a deal, favourable to Duche, would include restrictive conditions.

No inside info.

Thats what I am hoping. 1 or 2, but not 3 (as I think RD will be lingering like a bad smell with RM).
  • johnny73 said:

It's all a guessing game. My guesses.

The rich bidders who have baulked at the asking price of 50 million and have their own, much lower, valuation is Red Bull.

Cool. First flag change of 2018.

• Dazzler21 said:

Addickted said:

Is there anyone still available to put in on the Official Site though?

Just @Ollywozere as far as I know
    He's far to busy making sure our Tone doesn't keep uplugging the clubs mainframe to make a brew to worry about updating the site. ;)
  • I was about to announce that it definitely isn't Red Bull, but in the nick of time I remembered that I don't actually know anything about this.

Based on no information, I don't think it's Red Bull.
  • Hex said:

vff said:

Addickted said:

I don't get this mate of Rolands he trusts.

If my mate wanted to buy my house and someone I'd never met before wanted to pay £50k more, then I would go back to my mate and say sorry pal, but you're going to up your offer if you want the house.

As a billionaire RD can probably afford to choose his purchaser a little more even if it means taking slightly less. Happens in the property market all the time actually where big corporate sales take place and vendors would rather sell to someone they know will perform than be mucked around by a range of people offering the earth but with no demonstrable track record.

In addition, even if you wanted to take the highest bid you would probably do your mate the courtesy of giving him last option to match if he could, you may even do a deal where you took £50K less upfront and then retained the freehold or received £75K in stage payments over a few years to compensate you.

That said, I am not sure where the ‘his mate’ rumour came from and have given in no credence because of that.
    Angeldust on ITTV who is usually pretty reliable. It’s worth giving it some credence.

As much as Charlton supporters annoy Duchatelet for not getting behind his strategy & bow to his Turing level genius.

(I am sure Duchatelet would prefer a universe where there was limited free will & the serfs had to support their Lord).

Duchatelet’s baseline & overriding concern is his pocket & the group that gives him best terms & best profit is likely to prevail.

On a positive note if the group with money are reluctant to overpay & they succeed it shows they are better with money & that bodes well for the future if they succeed.
    I guess it could depend on the influence "his mate" has.
    If you say 'mate' I think you are talking about Australians but I am pretty sure you are not.
  • I doubt the mate scenario, he was flustered in that discussion in Belgium. Exaggeration and miss information to defend himself would just trip off the tongue as has with Daisy when under pressure.

Possibly as @Johnny73 suggests, Murray if all else fails might have been in his mind. Also wasn't that discussion/interview a while back before @Redhenry mentioned the big bucks/dinar boys looking. The landscape has probably changed recently with the third possible interest & Daisy exiting.
  • So do we all agree that PV and the Kuwaiti’s are not one of the three supposed bidders then?
  • Sponsored links:

• So do we all agree that PV and the Kuwaiti’s are not one of the three supposed bidders then?

No. I think we all (or mostly all) agree we don't know, but we hope so.

I've seen no evidence to suggest this is the case.
  • edited January 2018

i saw Varney and The Kuwaities once they supported Splodgeness at The Harp Club New Cross about 1987 !

That takes me back. I had many an ‘eventful’ night in The Harp Club in the early 80s.

Never saw Varney and the Kuwaitis though.
  • I saw Splodge a few times, but never with Kuwaitis.
  • edited January 2018
    Listened to the final episode of 'getting to know the network' again earlier.
    I still don't know why he's still here if what they concluded is correct. The whole Not-work was set up to support Standard Liege. The moment he sold them that should have been it for us as well shouldn't it?

Confirmed my theory that the club was bought for Daisy.

Regarding his sale of SL, can't help but think that if the Belgium 20 had smashed a chair through that restaurant window the smug git was sitting by he would have sold up within a week!
  • edited January 2018
    Dansk_Red said:

According to big C/BB, RB has set a deadline of the 26th January and the price is 44m

The trouble is he's like the boy who cried wolf, when he was right nobody believed him in the end.
  • Sponsored links:

I've seen no evidence to suggest this is the case.
    What that we all agree?... no me neither.
  • If Varney “isn’t” involved somehow or another with a takeover bid, then surely he would have come out and said so long ago.
    My bet is that he is at the very least involved in some way with one of the interested parties, otherwise he would have scotched the rumours.

That'll please Murray.
  • Morning Elfie!
  • If Varney “isn’t” involved somehow or another with a takeover bid, then surely he would have come out and said so long ago.
    My bet is that he is at the very least involved in some way with one of the interested parties, otherwise he would have made an effort to deny the rumours.

Or perhaps he's focused on his actual job, working with one of our rivals.

(I don't begrudge him for one second for working for another club, btw)
  • Morning Elfie!

For you!

The night is young in Rio dear boy.
  • edited January 2018

If Varney “isn’t” involved somehow or another with a takeover bid, then surely he would have come out and said so long ago.
    My bet is that he is at the very least involved in some way with one of the interested parties, otherwise he would have made an effort to deny the rumours.

Or perhaps he's focused on his actual job, working with one of our rivals.

(I don't begrudge him for one second for working for another club, btw)
    Which is one of the main reasons why he would wish to distance himself from the rumours if not true...........one would have thought.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!