Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• dickplumb said:

Not sure I'm ready to believe something a Leeds fan with no proven track record or source has posted on what I thought was a dead forum.

That said, not sure why he'd have any motivation to make it up.

Not606 is far from a dead forum. Just look at the numbers that post on there from all Clubs. I find your comments ignorant and Ill informed. You don't know who the Leeds fan is,or his contact.

Did you not read the 2nd paragraph?
  • I am now confident that there are definitely (at least) three interested parties, one of which is substantial financially. I've not seen any evidence of Salem Patel or Peter Varney's involvement, which of course proves nothing.

I would just be a bit cautious about negative noises circulating publicly about any of the three, because one party in particular is in a position to rubbish the others through existing channels of communication - whether that would be done for selfish reasons is hard to say.

Any update on time scale?
  • edited January 2018

I am now confident that there are definitely (at least) three interested parties, one of which is substantial financially. I've not seen any evidence of Salem Patel or Peter Varney's involvement, which of course proves nothing.

I would just be a bit cautious about negative noises circulating publicly about any of the three, because one party in particular is in a position to rubbish the others through existing channels of communication - whether that would be done for selfish reasons is hard to say.

One has done DD, one definitely hasn't. Presumably the one that has is in a better position to move forward quickly.
    @Airman Brown

As I understand it the first potential buyer (believed to be Andrew Muir) had completed DD some weeks ago.

Are you suggesting that another, different, buyer has also done DD?

Is it one or is it more than one party who has completed DD?
  • Does the one that has done DD have to wait for other interested parties to go through it as well?

I would have thought not but I’d like to know what’s taking them so long as they seemingly completed DD weeks ago. If it’s price then I’m surprised they haven’t yet walked away.
  • I am now confident that there are definitely (at least) three interested parties, one of which is substantial financially. I've not seen any evidence of Salem Patel or Peter Varney's involvement, which of course proves nothing.

In your opinion is the party with money also likely to be the most beneficial for the long term future of cafc? I'm asking because the two things don't always go hand in hand.
  • Sponsored links:

One has done DD, one definitely hasn't. Presumably the one that has is in a better position to move forward quickly.
    @Airman Brown

As I understand it the first potential buyer (believed to be Andrew Muir) had completed DD some weeks ago.

Are you suggesting that another, different, buyer has also done DD?

Is it one or is it more than one party who has completed DD?
    Not to my knowledge.

In your opinion is the party with money also likely to be the most beneficial for the long term future of cafc? I'm asking because the two things don't always go hand in hand.
    Just don't know.
  • Apologies if someone has already posted but apparently RD is in town. Perhaps he is over to sign on the dotted line?

Perhaps to see how things are shaping up on a rudderless ship and to put a few chains of command / lines of communication in place.

I can’t see Roland relinquishing control until all potential buyers are in a place to bid. If as Airman says there are “at least three” then we could be in for a wait until all parties have completed DD.

• redsek said:

Speaking as an ordinary fan who is most definitely not in the know, my fear is a rag tag patch work group led by the tainted RM taking control. Not sure I could celebrate RD's departure with any enthusiasm if that was the case. The group that has substantial financial backing would be dreamland - but this is Charlton and I am therefore expecting to be underwhelmed if not downright disappointed.

Surely all trends have to be bucked at some time?

Why has the other party not completed DD?

I guess it's because they were late to the table relatively speaking.
  • Sponsored links:

Cos they're dueing their dilligence right now?
  • No need for the other parties to complete DD if the first party makes RD an offer that he finds acceptable. Unless the parties who have entered but not completed DD agree a clause that the club will not be sold until a certain date (don't know if this is possible). But it's in RD's interest to get a 3 bidding against each other.
  • No need for the other parties to complete DD if the first party makes RD an offer that he finds acceptable. Unless the parties who have entered but not completed DD agree a clause that the club will not be sold until a certain date (don't know if this is possible). But it's in RD's interest to get a 3 bidding against each other.

Good chance that they've not made such an acceptable offer... I'd rather they'd all do it and we end up with the best (not necessarily richest) for the club.
  • Apologies if someone has already posted but apparently RD is in town. Perhaps he is over to sign on the dotted line?

Nah, He's come over for the match tomorrow, a few pints in the Swan beforehand and then off for a bit of Dinner/Dance in Town after.

Are the party who have substantial finances attractive to Roland/attractive bid? Is it likely they will takeover over the other parties
  • edited January 2018

Dazzler21 said:

No need for the other parties to complete DD if the first party makes RD an offer that he finds acceptable. Unless the parties who have entered but not completed DD agree a clause that the club will not be sold until a certain date (don't know if this is possible). But it's in RD's interest to get a 3 bidding against each other.

Good chance that they've not made such an acceptable offer... I'd rather they'd all do it and we end up with the best (not necessarily richest) for the club.
    RD will sell to whoever offers him the best deal, he won't give a s*** about CAFC, or it's future.
    My meaning was that hopefully we end up with the ones that are best for the club in spite of Roland.

If all 3 complete due diligence it could create a bidding war. The most interested usually wins auctions unless they're priced out. Why would someone who is not that interested buy the club at an inflated price... I just can't see it.

Party 1 - Quick to the table and has hung around - a degree of actual interest is assumed.
    Party 2 - Not as quick as Muir
    Party 3 - Very late to the table

Worse case scenario RD f***s the negotiations and we lose out on all 3.

(Personally I think Party 1 have met KR and he has assurances on staying "If you're thinking of buying the club, do it now... you'll be an instant hero" only those that have completed DD would be in that position, surely?)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!