Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Happy new year everyone . It’s 2018 in New Zealand and it’s the start of a great year for the world’s greatest club. Little bit drunk but that’s par for the course and the sentiment is

Apologies if someone has already posted but apparently RD is in town. Perhaps he is over to sign on the dotted line?

Right! You hold him down and I'll give his wrinkly old ball bag a good kick...
    At first I genuinely read ‘lick’ not ‘kick’ what ever makes you happy @soapy_jones
    It's Jan the 5th here Kiwi. Blimey i knew you were behind the times down under...
  • Apologies if someone has already posted but apparently RD is in town. Perhaps he is over to sign on the dotted line?

More likely to sell Dillon Phillips
  • Happy new year everyone . It’s 2018 in New Zealand and it’s the start of a great year for the world’s greatest club. Little bit drunk but that’s par for the course and the sentiment is

Apologies if someone has already posted but apparently RD is in town. Perhaps he is over to sign on the dotted line?

Right! You hold him down and I'll give his wrinkly old ball bag a good kick...
    At first I genuinely read ‘lick’ not ‘kick’ what ever makes you happy @soapy_jones
    It's Jan the 5th here Kiwi. Blimey i knew you were behind the times down under...
    Charlton Life operates in its own space time continuum
  • Addickted said:

I hope he comes tomorrow.

Roland, this is what's happened to our beloved club under your ownership. This is what you'll see from your seat in the Directors Box.

Before

Now

Just sell the Club

He switched the north stand and east stand around?!? He really does have no respect for our traditions.
    & they haven't been switched around if your saying one picture is Covered End & other east stand ?

Exiled ? When were you last there ?
    Ha yeah, my mistake! It never ends well when I try to be a smart arse.

Vs. Gillingham in September.
  • EastStand said:

Both are the East - one photo was taken from the Jimmy Seed and one from the Covered End.

Exactly
  • Greenie said:

Addickted said:

I hope he comes tomorrow.

Roland, this is what's happened to our beloved club under your ownership. This is what you'll see from your seat in the Directors Box.

Before

Now

Just sell the Club

He switched the north stand and east stand around?!? He really does have no respect for our traditions.
    No wonder you're exiled......shameful, its called the Cupboard End, all true haddocks know that.
    Well possibly if it wasn't the East Stand
  • Let's not pretend the valley was packed before Roland with mis leading photos.
  • Sponsored links:

• Let's not pretend the valley was packed before Roland with mis leading photos.

No it's looking into the future when RB LondonCA RDs mate play real madrid in the semi Final of the European Cup (Now stupidly called the CHAMPIONS league where teams who finish 1st 2nd 3rd & 4th in their league compete)

Hey I've only just realised Charlton Athletic CA Roland Douchebag RD ......... CARD ??????? Airman !!!! You have some explaining to do ?

I think the photos were meant to show how the valley could look if Douchbag had supported Chris Powell instead of sacking him and giving us a load of network tossers instead
    I completely missed that point then.

I think the photos were meant to show how the valley could look if Douchbag had supported Chris Powell instead of sacking him and giving us a load of network tossers instead
    I completely missed that point then.
    We all do sometimes mate.
    No problem

Not every game but it is indicative of the decline in fans attending. Just take the £1 for a kid games which used to be 20k+ Nowadays you can hardly notice
  • edited January 2018
    @Davidsmith regarding a prospective buyer funding with debt, to use your expression, that would only be an issue if the assets being acquired, mainly the Valley and Training ground, were offered up as security to a lender. They could of course have other assets they could secure borrowings with. This does not detract from your conclusion however which I fully concur with.
  • From what I understand there are no other assets , as the Debentures cover all assets of the Club, so new buyer cannot borrow money against anything without clearing those loans. Airman confirm please.
  • edited January 2018

From what I understand there are no other assets , as the Debentures cover all assets of the Club, so new buyer cannot borrow money against anything without clearing those loans. Airman confirm please.

David I agree with that, I meant they could borrow against other assets they may own i.e.not connected to the club. They may even have lines of credit established already.
  • Sponsored links:

• do

Am I the only one who doesn't want redbull? I feel history of club would be even more sacked off than under RD.

Don 't they have a long history or rebranding everything, including stadiums, with the Red Bull name?
  • JamesSeed said:

The more I read this thread the more I wonder who the hell (other than a fan) would think buying Charlton is a good idea? It would be a massive gamble at best. Unless you reach the Premier League, isn't it just money down the drain?
    The only way to break even running a club like Charlton would be to effectively give up any dreams of top flight football. And even then you'd struggle from what I've read here.
    So what would your motivation be, particularly as a foreign buyer? You'd have to have the funds to finance a shot at double promotion, without being too concerned if it didn't happen. How many people like that are there?

Well I suppose as a takeover seems imminent someone must have a plan. Let's just hope it works out in our favour.

Mmmmm.....so let’s all Jack it in then and accept mediocrity, ala Michael Glikstein.....if the fucking Glaziers can do it so can we.
    SoundAsa£........keeping the dream alive!
  • do

Am I the only one who doesn't want redbull? I feel history of club would be even more sacked off than under RD.

Don 't they have a long history or rebranding everything, including stadiums, with the Red Bull name?
    Exactly my issue. RB Leipzig are hated in Germany for that.
  • Imagine me and napa agreeingn on something ;)
  • do

Exactly my issue. RB Leipzig are hated in Germany for that.
    I don't see much difference between that and what Walker did with Blackburn or more recently, Chelsea and Man City or even Bournemouth to a lessor extent.

A different culture in Germany. Not saying I would necessarily want them, but don't see us being hated if we are.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!