Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Peter Varney stepping down at Ebbsfleet.....the plot thickens https://ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/pooley-moves-to-join-the-fleet-board/

Wow. Game changer?
  • Very interesting
  • I'll put the kettle on then.
  • Here we go... hold on folks!

Monday 15th January, keep the date in mind.
  • Certainly a plot thickener and the timing is fascinating but coincidence surely ?
  • Fuck me
    Could it just be.
    Fingers crossed everyone
  • Sponsored links:

• If any new owner wants someone who knows Charlton they need look no further than PV!! Could his wealthy investors be back in the mix after RD wouldn’t do a deal last time? Let’s hope so...
  • If this is the case. Things must be more than close.
  • If this is the case. Things must be more than close.

The Ebbsfleet tweet is very strange. A why would they tweet that and after PV has gone what’s it got to do with them. ?

• bobmunro said:

Peter Varney stepping down at Ebbsfleet.....the plot thickens https://ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/pooley-moves-to-join-the-fleet-board/

Where are you, Rick?

RICK!!!
    He's helping Katie move house! ;)
  • “We're not commenting any further on this story other than to say that there is no future involvement with CAFC.”

Ebbsfleet Utd Twitter
  • sammy391 said:

“We're not commenting any further on this story other than to say that there is no future involvement with CAFC.”

Ebbsfleet Utd Twitter

Sigh.

That appears to have squashed it, then.
  • edited January 2018

sammy391 said:

“We're not commenting any further on this story other than to say that there is no future involvement with CAFC.”

Ebbsfleet Utd Twitter

Sigh.

Unless what they mean by that is "WE will no longer be working with ex-CAFC people after this failed hire."
  • sammy391 said:

Ebbsfleet Utd Twitter

Sigh.

How are they in any position to confirm what happens in the future. See Meire comments on Lookman not being sold on Jan, oh, and Ian Dowie leaving palace
  • sammy391 said:

Ebbsfleet Utd Twitter

Sigh.

Unless what they mean by that is "WE will no longer be working with ex-CAFC people after this failed hire."
    Let's hope so; but I'm not optimistic :(

• If PV involvement, that would rule out Red Bull, IMO
  • Sponsored links:

• Why would they feel the need to say that. Seems to run it out though.
  • edited January 2018

sammy391 said:

Ebbsfleet Utd Twitter

Sigh.

I'm thinking of a scenario where one of the interested parties in taking us over has offered Varney a role should they acquire the club. Has to be hush hush or RD would not consider selling to this particular party?
  • _MrDick said:

If PV involvement, that would rule out Red Bull, IMO

Not necessarily, Red Bull may want someone that knows the club inside out, which PV does. They pay off RM and the rest of the Directors RD owes. PV comes in as new CEO, supports KR and we get his targets. Fanciful maybe, but lots of coincidences going on tonight, lets look at what happened in last few days-:
    KM resigns, RD confirms club up for sale, KR 2 really 'down in the mouth' press conferences, 3 parties bidding and RD supposedly in the UK now, then PV resigns tonight from Ebbsfleet........too many coincidences for my liking.
  • He would be forced to quash the rumour I guess I’m case it didn’t come to fruition, will look a bit silly tho if there is something in it
  • Interesting tweet by the Belgium20 posted on Facebook a moment ago!
  • Interesting tweet by the Belgium20 posted on Facebook a moment ago!

Really !!

• Personally I think that PV is the frontman for a Middle Eastern led takeover which is close to completion. Gut feeling nothing more.
  • TheBelgium20
    @TheBelgium20
    ·
    37m
    #Cafc fans! Roland point blank refuses to work with the “Liar peter varney” so is doubtful he would sell the club to him or through him. HOWEVER perhaps the other “friend” of charlton has provided a back door to the table? Exciting times! #rolandout #patience
  • TheBelgium20
    @TheBelgium20
    ·
    Dec 28
    #Cafc fans! We would like to thank you for the hard work and determination in this fight to win our club back. Today is a massive day for CAFC! We fought and we won! Only a matter of weeks now and Roland will be gone! Let’s hope the new buyer returns us to the great club we are!
  • edited January 2018
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!