Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Hex said:

HarryLime said:

Addickted said:

I don't get this mate of Rolands he trusts.

If my mate wanted to buy my house and someone I'd never met before wanted to pay £50k more, then I would go back to my mate and say sorry pal, but you're going to up your offer if you want the house.

As a billionaire RD can probably afford to choose his purchaser a little more even if it means taking slightly less. Happens in the property market all the time actually where big corporate sales take place and vendors would rather sell to someone they know will perform than be mucked around by a range of people offering the earth but with no demonstrable track record.

In addition, even if you wanted to take the highest bid you would probably do your mate the courtesy of giving him last option to match if he could, you may even do a deal where you took £50K less upfront and then retained the freehold or received £75K in stage payments over a few years to compensate you.

That said, I am not sure where the ‘his mate’ rumour came from and have given in no credence because of that.
    I think the 'his mate' rumour comes from the 'be careful of what you wish for' brigade and as such should be taken with a large pinch of salt.
    Roly will sell for as much as he can get, and sadly it's looking like he is prepared to wait.
    "His mate" is not a rumour, it's a fact.
    how so? @Hex
  • Hex said:

HarryLime said:

Addickted said:

If my mate wanted to buy my house and someone I'd never met before wanted to pay £50k more, then I would go back to my mate and say sorry pal, but you're going to up your offer if you want the house.

As a billionaire RD can probably afford to choose his purchaser a little more even if it means taking slightly less. Happens in the property market all the time actually where big corporate sales take place and vendors would rather sell to someone they know will perform than be mucked around by a range of people offering the earth but with no demonstrable track record.

In addition, even if you wanted to take the highest bid you would probably do your mate the courtesy of giving him last option to match if he could, you may even do a deal where you took £50K less upfront and then retained the freehold or received £75K in stage payments over a few years to compensate you.

That said, I am not sure where the ‘his mate’ rumour came from and have given in no credence because of that.
    I think the 'his mate' rumour comes from the 'be careful of what you wish for' brigade and as such should be taken with a large pinch of salt.
    Roly will sell for as much as he can get, and sadly it's looking like he is prepared to wait.
    how so? @Hex
    ;-)
  • vffvff
    edited January 2018

Addickted said:

Angeldust on ITTV who is usually pretty reliable. It’s worth giving it some credence.

As much as Charlton supporters annoy Duchatelet for not getting behind his strategy & bow to his Turing level genius. Duchatelet’s baseline & overriding concern is his pocket & the group that gives him best terms & best profit is likely to prevail.
  • edited January 2018
    Hex said:

HarryLime said:

Addickted said:

I have wondered if it's a shill. Clearly Roland wants as much for the club as he can get, a bidding war would help him achieve an over inflated price. If there is someone involved who Roland has done business with before and trusts, then you'd expect them to reach an amicable deal very quickly.

I guess it depends when this party became interested.
  • edited January 2018
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

lolwray said:

Scoham said:

JamesSeed said:

He does seem to like relatively slight players - Reeves, Page who's injured, Dasliva, JFC isn't massive....

It's technical players he likes - you rarely find players that are good technically but also physical in League 1. If you do they probably lack something else in their game, or will soon move to a better league.
    just need to get the fundamentals right ..decent defence, strong midfield and goalscorers ...just like the team that SCP took up dont remember too many technical midfielders...just a good team ethic

Agree, for me he's too focussed on playing his ideal style. When you don't have the players for it you end up with we've seen - slow football, plenty of possession and opponents sitting back. The result - a lack of goals.

No coincidence the one season he took MK up he had Dele Alli and good options up front.
    We had the same issue last season. He didn't have the players in the squad for his formation so attempted to shoe-horn people in, which didn't go very well. He brought in some players that would fit the formation in the summer, unfortunately they don't have an understudy when they're injured and we are back to where we were this time last season - players that don't fit the formation, being shoe-horned in.

Part of it down to Reeves and Marshall not performing as expected. I don't think Magennis is suited either, he just happens to be the closest to the type of player required.

I'm expecting him to stick with it for a while yet. If we going to go on a good run we need the injured players back and strikers to step up.
    Reeves wasn't fit when he came to us. All the faffing about he did pre-season when he couldn't decide where he wanted to go set him up badly for the season ahead. It took him ages to get fit and also suffered an injury, so he has never really hit the ground running. Maybe if he had a different attitude in the beginning we'd be seeing him in a different light.

Marshall I have a bit more time for. He got a nasty injury and we know how long it can take a player to recover even after they've fully healed. The psychological side of things takes a toll and they may not be 100% committed for fear of breaking down or getting another similar problem. He just needs to keep getting games IMO.

• vff said:

Addickted said:

Angeldust on ITTV who is usually pretty reliable. It’s worth giving it some credence.

As much as Charlton supporters annoy Duchatelet for not getting behind his strategy & bow to his Turing level genius.

(I am sure Duchatelet would prefer a universe where there was limited free will & the serfs had to support their Lord).

Duchatelet’s baseline & overriding concern is his pocket & the group that gives him best terms & best profit is likely to prevail.

On a positive note if the group with money are reluctant to overpay & they succeed it shows they are better with money & that bodes well for the future if they succeed.
    I guess it could depend on the influence "his mate" has.
  • and to bed 5-6 good players into this team would take more than the time left in the season to gel and build and can not be done under Robinson

If you put all that into any sort of equation you’ll see that it makes more sense to think that the takeover will be dependent on retaining league position as priority

We are not 5-6 short to stay up we are no more than 2-3 good players to ensure that and I truly believe we will strengthen to the minimum required not the maximum needed

We are by no way in any sort of health though mate.
    As has now already been mentioned. Players will be getting itchy. Cheeky bids will come in. The manager is full of uncertainty. The club is in dissaray.
    If this is not done soon then there are no winners. The buyers have lost nothing. Roland and ultimately us have everything to lose.
  • Unless 'his mate' is a fake bid to drive up the price
  • Sponsored links:

• where did this 'his mate' stuff originate?
  • Angeldust stated someone he trusts and I repeated that yesterday. My view is it's Red Bull since he had dealings with them I believe when selling all or part of one of his network clubs.
  • Angeldust stated someone he trusts and I repeated that yesterday. My view is it's Red Bull since he had dealings with them I believe when selling all or part of one of his network clubs.

Had never heard that before, which club and why?
  • Sorry mate but sure I read it somewhere possibly on the other site.
  • Unless 'his mate' is a fake bid to drive up the price

The DD was real.
  • You have mates and then you have business mates. It’s nowhere near the same thing.

Any businessman willing to cut a deal that’s not the best on offer won’t be in business that long.
  • You have mates and then you have business mates. It’s nowhere near the same thing.

Any businessman willing to cut a deal that’s not the best on offer won’t be in business that long.

So it’s either a mate or a mate mate...a bit like going out or going out out? ;0)
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:

You have mates and then you have business mates. It’s nowhere near the same thing.

So it’s either a mate or a mate mate...a bit like going aaat or going aat aat? ;0)
    fixed for you, friend.
  • Scoham said:

Angeldust stated someone he trusts and I repeated that yesterday. My view is it's Red Bull since he had dealings with them I believe when selling all or part of one of his network clubs.

Red Bull haven’t purchased any of RDs clubs. They had talks (allegedly) about Újpest , which RDs son owns. From what I’ve read , a deal wasn’t agreed. A quick Google of Red Bull owned clubs shows that...

• Ultimatum said:

Scoham said:

Angeldust stated someone he trusts and I repeated that yesterday. My view is it's Red Bull since he had dealings with them I believe when selling all or part of one of his network clubs.

Red Bull haven’t purchased any of RDs clubs. They had talks (allegedly) about Újpest , which RDs son owns. From what I’ve read , a deal wasn’t agreed. A quick Google of Red Bull owned clubs shows that...

I didn't think they owned any of them, was just wondering how/why they were apparently involved and which club.
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

lolwray said:

Scoham said:

JamesSeed said:

He does seem to like relatively slight players - Reeves, Page who's injured, Dasliva, JFC isn't massive....

It's technical players he likes - you rarely find players that are good technically but also physical in League 1. If you do they probably lack something else in their game, or will soon move to a better league.
    just need to get the fundamentals right ..decent defence, strong midfield and goalscorers ...just like the team that SCP took up dont remember too many technical midfielders...just a good team ethic

Agree, for me he's too focussed on playing his ideal style. When you don't have the players for it you end up with we've seen - slow football, plenty of possession and opponents sitting back. The result - a lack of goals.

No coincidence the one season he took MK up he had Dele Alli and good options up front.
    We had the same issue last season. He didn't have the players in the squad for his formation so attempted to shoe-horn people in, which didn't go very well. He brought in some players that would fit the formation in the summer, unfortunately they don't have an understudy when they're injured and we are back to where we were this time last season - players that don't fit the formation, being shoe-horned in.

Part of it down to Reeves and Marshall not performing as expected. I don't think Magennis is suited either, he just happens to be the closest to the type of player required.

I'm expecting him to stick with it for a while yet. If we going to go on a good run we need the injured players back and strikers to step up.
    I'm not expecting KR to change the formation either. If he changes it, he's effectively admitting he was wrong.
  • Solidgone said:

You have mates and then you have business mates. It’s nowhere near the same thing.

So it’s either a mate or a mate mate...a bit like going out or going out out? ;0)
    Alright Mick :wink:
  • Ultimatum said:

Scoham said:

I thought Red Bull had binned the whole thing off as they didn't want Roland retaining any debt on the club. They wanted the lot 100% and presumably not at the price the old loon was expecting.
  • It's all a guessing game. My guesses.

The rich bidders who have baulked at the asking price of 50 million and have their own, much lower, valuation is Red Bull.

The Australians are the second consortium.

The 'mate' of Duche. Well I think that's a Murray consortium. Only the preferred buyer if all else fails. No real money to speak of and a deal, favourable to Duche, would include restrictive conditions.

No inside info.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!