Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited January 2018
    At least we're only talking weeks now from that latest Londononline article, two and four mentioned rather than up to three months previously................. Well I can hope can't I? :wink:
  • Started a thread for KR’s comments above.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Surely Roland would get more for a team in playoffs than a mid table team if he were to sell before end of season.
    even more if we were to go up. It might be his last throw to get recoup some more losses.

He still interferes (Best signing) and still wants success on a shoe string.
    Really? Don't remember seeing that?
    KR had to beg him to get him, finally got him a month late and only after RD had suggested that KR play one of the youth players instead.

Best out for a year now anyway.

• edited January 2018
  • cafcwill said:

Could be the rumoured due diligence for the second party that @Redhenry was excited about and that Angledust on the dark side alluded too

Plus there was that comment last night on Twitter from the London journalist that takeover was looking likely to complete in 2 weeks.

as Yoda/ @Henry Irving says ' WIOTOS'
    That was a fake account.
  • Well, there goes this months' data, thanks @Dazzler21 ;)
  • Well, there goes this months' data, thanks @Dazzler21 ;)

Ha i am work at the mo & with our system prone to lagging the GIF's didn't help. 10 seconds of hoping my boss doesn't come over to chat about work is worrying! :smiley:
  • Sorry gents reduced down to just the one. :lol:
  • Swisdom said:

I wouldn't trust KR to spend any available funds during this transfer window IF the takeover went through and the new owners wanted to give it a go this season. Would need a new man in the door IMO.

That's a strange quote I must admit.

It's not as if he has had a lot to work with and the players we have brought in under him have been a step up on previous seasons...by quite a way
    Then why are we no higher in the league?
    Simple - half of them are injured.

Nobody can deny we have more quality in the side now than in previous seasons. We just seem to be struck with a crippling injury list because slim pickings has meant not enough depth to call upon.

• Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

Is there anyone still available to put in on the Official Site though?

Just @Ollywozere as far as I know
  • That article also says best out for a year. Shame. He was looking good and we need bodies and options.
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

I wouldn't trust KR to spend any available funds during this transfer window IF the takeover went through and the new owners wanted to give it a go this season. Would need a new man in the door IMO.

It's not as if he has had a lot to work with and the players we have brought in under him have been a step up on previous seasons...by quite a way

Nobody can deny we have more quality in the side now than in previous seasons. We just seem to be struck with a crippling injury list because slim pickings has meant not enough depth to call upon.

Why do we have so many injuries? Some players do seem to have been rushed back.

Robinson's not getting the best out of what he's got either. If our back up players aren't effective in his preferred system then look at other options.

I don't think the formation suits Magennis either.
  • I’ve stayed out of this but no longer, this is how I see things unfolding, gobbledygook, gobbledygook, bullshit, bollox, wanker, dickwad duchebag I come from a land down under, rock the casbah, chirpy chirpy cheep cheep, hey hey you you get off of my cloud,mouldy old dough.

Followed by, what’s going on,I can’t get no satisfaction, they call me mr pitiful, 19th nervous breakdown,call the fire brigade, let’s all sing to the death of a clown.

Never mind your only 24 Hours From Tulsa
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

So some of those players, with past injury records, may not be better than the players they replaced, surely?

KR's squads suffering from injuries is not a new thing either, here or at MK, he clearly does something wrong.
  • LouisMend said:

cafcwill said:

Could be the rumoured due diligence for the second party that @Redhenry was excited about and that Angledust on the dark side alluded too

Plus there was that comment last night on Twitter from the London journalist that takeover was looking likely to complete in 2 weeks.

as Yoda/ @Henry Irving says ' WIOTOS'
    MichaelWalshLDN is a fake account set up by some kids.
    Thats Burst my bubble somewhat.

Oh well. Still we know that Due Diligence is happening with another party
  • He does seem to like relatively slight players - Reeves, Page who's injured, Dasliva, JFC isn't massive....
  • Sponsored links:

• I still see no reason this season is a right off if somehow new owners arrive in the next two weeks, this is a poor league 1 compared to the league 1 of the Parkinson & Powell years, we can make the play offs with a change of manager and ideally one or two additional players.
  • Scoham said:

lolwray said:

Scoham said:

JamesSeed said:

He does seem to like relatively slight players - Reeves, Page who's injured, Dasliva, JFC isn't massive....

It's technical players he likes - you rarely find players that are good technically but also physical in League 1. If you do they probably lack something else in their game, or will soon move to a better league.
    just need to get the fundamentals right ..decent defence, strong midfield and goalscorers ...just like the team that SCP took up dont remember too many technical midfielders...just a good team ethic

Agree, for me he's too focussed on playing his ideal style. When you don't have the players for it you end up with we've seen - slow football, plenty of possession and opponents sitting back. The result - a lack of goals.

No coincidence the one season he took MK up he had Dele Alli and good options up front.
    Agree with this, if he had of failed to get MK Dons up with Grigg, Afobe, Deli Ali, Reeves and Carruthers all in the side it would have been a really poor season for them.

The idea of a 4-2-3-1 with good attacking full backs and 3 creative players behind a goalscorer is great but he needs to be able to adapt to different situations. I remember seeing a comment from an MK Dons fan saying God help Charlton if they haven't got the players to play 4-2-3-1.

• Scoham said:

lolwray said:

Scoham said:

JamesSeed said:

He does seem to like relatively slight players - Reeves, Page who's injured, Dasliva, JFC isn't massive....

It's technical players he likes - you rarely find players that are good technically but also physical in League 1. If you do they probably lack something else in their game, or will soon move to a better league.
    just need to get the fundamentals right ..decent defence, strong midfield and goalscorers ...just like the team that SCP took up dont remember too many technical midfielders...just a good team ethic

Agree, for me he's too focussed on playing his ideal style. When you don't have the players for it you end up with we've seen - slow football, plenty of possession and opponents sitting back. The result - a lack of goals.

No coincidence the one season he took MK up he had Dele Alli and good options up front.
    We had the same issue last season. He didn't have the players in the squad for his formation so attempted to shoe-horn people in, which didn't go very well. He brought in some players that would fit the formation in the summer, unfortunately they don't have an understudy when they're injured and we are back to where we were this time last season - players that don't fit the formation, being shoe-horned in.

• Scoham said:

lolwray said:

Scoham said:

JamesSeed said:

We had the same issue last season. He didn't have the players in the squad for his formation so attempted to shoe-horn people in, which didn't go very well. He brought in some players that would fit the formation in the summer, unfortunately they don't have an understudy when they're injured and we are back to where we were this time last season - players that don't fit the formation, being shoe-horned in.

Part of it down to Reeves and Marshall not performing as expected. I don't think Magennis is suited either, he just happens to be the closest to the type of player required.

I'm expecting him to stick with it for a while yet. If we going to go on a good run we need the injured players back and strikers to step up.
  • HarryLime said:

Addickted said:

I don't get this mate of Rolands he trusts.

If my mate wanted to buy my house and someone I'd never met before wanted to pay £50k more, then I would go back to my mate and say sorry pal, but you're going to up your offer if you want the house.

As a billionaire RD can probably afford to choose his purchaser a little more even if it means taking slightly less. Happens in the property market all the time actually where big corporate sales take place and vendors would rather sell to someone they know will perform than be mucked around by a range of people offering the earth but with no demonstrable track record.

In addition, even if you wanted to take the highest bid you would probably do your mate the courtesy of giving him last option to match if he could, you may even do a deal where you took £50K less upfront and then retained the freehold or received £75K in stage payments over a few years to compensate you.

That said, I am not sure where the ‘his mate’ rumour came from and have given in no credence because of that.
    I think the 'his mate' rumour comes from the 'be careful of what you wish for' brigade and as such should be taken with a large pinch of salt.
    Roly will sell for as much as he can get, and sadly it's looking like he is prepared to wait.
    "His mate" is not a rumour, it's a fact.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!