Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• cabbles said:

iamdan said:

Absolutely love settling down with a cuppa and reading what Grapevine says.

Absolutely love settling down with a big fat reefer and reading what Napa says
    Room for one more to join you??
  • Scoham said:

J BLOCK said:

Angeldust confirming what we know on the other site. 3 bids. Aussies pissed off with bidding war. One bid from someone Roland trusts and the other from mega rich but refusing to budge on what they consider is the correct price for the club. Someway to go me thinks.

Has to be Murray
    Murray couldn't afford to own the club before, why would he try to buy it back?
    Could be heading up a consortium. Although I doubt it.
    Murray ? Heading up a consortium to buy us to keep him in his directors box seat and thereby preventing an ownership who can fund us to the promised land ? Wouldn't that split the supporters ? Or perhaps it would unite them against the new Katrien & Roland ?
  • Angeldust confirming what we know on the other site. 3 bids. Aussies pissed off with bidding war. One bid from someone Roland trusts and the other from mega rich but refusing to budge on what they consider is the correct price for the club. Someway to go me thinks.

At least you tried to get the thread back on track.
    Yeah but it got me no likes. I'll have to get savvy and do some puns.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fanny

It’s all about timing and there’s a long way to go but it’s all positive imo , there is a willingness to sell there are very interested parties
    It’s just not imminent nor close enough to get excited

But it’s going to happen

Thanks, nla.

I know patience is a virtue( or so "they" say) but it's never been my strong point.

Ask Mr F !
  • Fanny

It’s all about timing and there’s a long way to go but it’s all positive imo , there is a willingness to sell there are very interested parties
    It’s just not imminent nor close enough to get excited

But it’s going to happen

Thanks, nla.

I know patience is a virtue( or so "they" say) but it's never been my strong point.

Ask Mr F !
    The further into this transfer window we go without a change then the less likely it is to happening imo.

Tick tock Roland.
  • I worry he is not desperate to sell and feels no "tick tock" of the clock at all. Most likely, we are free from any kind of relegation battle due to our good start, and if he sells Konsa, he can keep losses lower this year and just keep waiting, maybe until the summer, even. The idea that the transfer window may close without any real investment is something we worry about, not him.
  • I worry he is not desperate to sell and feels no "tick tock" of the clock at all. Most likely, we are free from any kind of relegation battle due to our good start, and if he sells Konsa, he can keep losses lower this year and just keep waiting, maybe until the summer, even. The idea that the transfer window may close without any real investment is something we worry about, not him.

Fine by me. Gonna cost him a shit load more cash though.

He wasn’t interested in us before in the slightest. I wouldn’t mind betting that the only contact and information he got was from the telephone call from Katie. Now she’s gone I think his level of interest will go completely. He wants out badly now and is just biding his time until these three prospective buyers play out.

• edited January 2018

Transfer window has very little impact on it , whoever comes in will not be thinking we will be promoted this year otherwise the deal would’ve happened already

Not sure I agree. The urgency to sell is now coming from Roland's end.
    I'm sure interested buyers would think there's a chance of getting up this year wouldn't they? We're not that far away. It's a win win for them. They'd be under no real pressure to get us up this year because of what's gone on and they would get half a season to see what they've got allowing them to give it a real go next season should they be unsuccessful this.

God only knows what situation we will be in during the summer should a takeover not happen!

Roland's now holding a very hot potato that he needs to get shot of and quick.
  • Transfer window has very little impact on it , whoever comes in will not be thinking we will be promoted this year otherwise the deal would’ve happened already

Looking on the half empty side of things - what would potential buyers think if we were near the relegation zone?
  • Sponsored links:

• Transfer window has very little impact on it , whoever comes in will not be thinking we will be promoted this year otherwise the deal would’ve happened already

Looking on the half empty side of things - what would potential buyers think if we were near the relegation zone?
    I would think they will be taking a more long term view on their investment and if they were concerned about relegation they could always include a reduced price clause like RD did with the spivs which was a £4m discount IIRC.
  • edited January 2018

Transfer window has very little impact on it , whoever comes in will not be thinking we will be promoted this year otherwise the deal would’ve happened already

They would definitely want a crack at it this year rather than banking solely on everything falling into place next year. It often takes multiple attempts to go up so they would be naive to think it will be a stroll next year (especially if a couple of big clubs like Sunderland & Birmingham are in this league potentially making it a harder division to get out of next year).

Win our game on Sat and we're 1 point off 6th place. Roland wants out asap to cut his losses and I'd be amazed if interested parties are not doing everything they can to get the takeover done by the 3rd week of Jan (i.e. carrying out DD now) to give them the chance to buy the 1 striker we need to put us in with a chance of winning the playoffs.
  • He has an immediate need to hire two staff
  • edited January 2018

I do see a link between staying in the league and the takeover so we will do enough in this window to ensure that happens

You're letting Roland take care of that ,yeah??
  • I have to disagree, not even making playoffs this year almost guarantees the departure of half the squad. Unless the new owners want a complete rebuild I doubt they’d be too happy with us scraping mid table this season.
  • I do see a link between staying in the league and the takeover so we will do enough in this window to ensure that happens

You're letting Roland take care of that ,yeah??
    Me I have no influence on what Roland does mate but I would suggest that there is enough will to sell a league 1 club not try and give away a league 2 one

• and to bed 5-6 good players into this team would take more than the time left in the season to gel and build and can not be done under Robinson

If you put all that into any sort of equation you’ll see that it makes more sense to think that the takeover will be dependent on retaining league position as priority

We are not 5-6 short to stay up we are no more than 2-3 good players to ensure that and I truly believe we will strengthen to the minimum required not the maximum needed
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!