Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

The Skysports story said at least two interested parties. The one I mentioned is still in talks , so that's at least three.

So I take it they are not English or Australian based?
    No
    Does their country of origin sound like Q8?

• Swisdom said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

The Skysports story said at least two interested parties. The one I mentioned is still in talks , so that's at least three.

No

Spike Milligan the new owner...now that would be fun....”what do we do now....what do we do now....what do we do now...what do we do now...”
  • edited December 2017

If Meire leaving is a result of Duchatelet finding out about how the debts structured and making her resign as a result it would be the final sweetest victory. Not only with Roland have to part with his own cash, but the realisation that we were right and he was wrong, that Katrien was an incompetent idiot and we weren’t making it up.

Maybe that’s all just wishful thinking..

From what "Getting to Know The Network" said, RD came from nowhere and wrapped up the deal in under a week. Sounds very plausible he did not consider this issue. After all.... he does not do failure. LOL
  • Addickted said:

Do you have an update on the cost of buying CAFC @NapaAddick?

Are we over the £80m threshold yet?

Not tonight please I'm all Debentured out :wink:
  • Swisdom said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

No

You sunk my battleship
    Proper made me laugh that, give yourself a promote
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't stand David Mitchell
  • RedChaser said:

Redhenry said:

J BLOCK said:

Redhenry said:

And from memory that’s the bid that is the game changer, praying RD goes for them, come one charlton give us some luck just this bloody once
    Please correct me if I'm wrong , RH but you stated a few days ago that "money wouldn't be a problem" if the party you seemed to be aware of was successful.

Is this party still involved , please ?
    Yes they are, as I mentioned above.
    OK, thanks, RH.

I've read so many posts on numerous threads since arriving home from Wigan that I'm becoming more confused than usual.

Since I posted around 5.30 this evening, the water appears somewhat muddier & my initial euphoria on learning of KM & DJ's departures has nosedived.

Clearly, I'm very naive in these matters but also am led by my heart, not my head.

You'd think I would have learned by now.
    Have a nightcap Fanny and let's see what tomorrow brings. If it's not the news most of us crave then we have to wait that bit longer for all the i's and t's to be crossed. Looked out for your group yesterday but our paths never crossed this time.
    Indeed, RC.

I'm just a worry wort , I'm afraid.

We arrived just as the players were coming out last night as one of our gang wasn't feeling great so we'd waited for a taxi. So, didn't see hardly anyone we knew beforehand but caught up with @redman & @Eynsfordaddick afterwards before we got another cab back to the Premier Inn.

Hope you enjoyed the match as much as I did and Happy New Year to you & your family.
  • edited December 2017

RedChaser said:

Redhenry said:

J BLOCK said:

Redhenry said:

And from memory that’s the bid that is the game changer, praying RD goes for them, come one charlton give us some luck just this bloody once
    Please correct me if I'm wrong , RH but you stated a few days ago that "money wouldn't be a problem" if the party you seemed to be aware of was successful.

Is this party still involved , please ?
    Yes they are, as I mentioned above.
    OK, thanks, RH.

I've read so many posts on numerous threads since arriving home from Wigan that I'm becoming more confused than usual.

Since I posted around 5.30 this evening, the water appears somewhat muddier & my initial euphoria on learning of KM & DJ's departures has nosedived.

Clearly, I'm very naive in these matters but also am led by my heart, not my head.

You'd think I would have learned by now.
    Have a nightcap Fanny and let's see what tomorrow brings. If it's not the news most of us crave then we have to wait that bit longer for all the i's and t's to be crossed. Looked out for your group yesterday but our paths never crossed this time.
    Indeed, RC.

I'm just a worry wort , I'm afraid.

We arrived just as the players were coming out last night as one of our gang wasn't feeling great so we'd waited for a taxi. So, didn't see hardly anyone we knew beforehand but caught up with @redman & @Eynsfordaddick afterwards before we got another cab back to the Premier Inn.

Hope you enjoyed the match as much as I did and Happy New Year to you & your family.
    Sorry to hear about Oli. It was a point most unexpected given our injury situation but gratefully received and glad it made your long round trip all the more worthwhile. Thanks for your New Year best wishes which are warmly reciprocated to you and yours.
  • edited December 2017
    Addickted said:

I am still betting £77.5, including either the buyout or assumption of debt.
  • You know, if after all this it still goes through and we get rid of RD entirely, this last minute scare will make the sale even more sweet.
  • Addickted said:

I am still betting £77.5, including either the buyout or assumption of debt.
    Forget a pool for the date. Let’s do the price. Undisclosed and we all lose.
  • I gave up trying to follow the details of this a long time ago, but Meire (and Joyes) stepping down would suggest something is close - there's little other reason for her to do that. Confirmation from Robinson is good, but I'm ignoring the rest of his article. The bit about timescales is off to me; a few weeks ago he was denying DD had happened and now he's bandying numbers about about how long it's gonna take? Seems odd to me, and more an off the cuff comment. Hoping something goes through, hopefully Monday (would this sort of thing get done on New Years Day?) and we can all celebrate. :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• If this was a normal transaction with a normal rational businessman, these two moves would indicate that we’re close to the end. But with this fuckwit owner, who can tell.

true words
  • I think the fact DJ was leaving made most think it’s over but we were mistaken I think this is a long way from being over

I think it shows that RD thought it was done and so he allowed KM and DJ to find other jobs.

Only it wasn't so he's now having run a business with Keohane as the only senior manager employed at the Valley.

In other words he's mismanaged the end of his ownership just as badly as he did the start and all the bits in-between.

It would be funny if it wasn't our football club being run like a circus.
    That sounds feasible.
  • I think the fact DJ was leaving made most think it’s over but we were mistaken I think this is a long way from being over

I think it shows that RD thought it was done and so he allowed KM and DJ to find other jobs.

Only it wasn't so he's now having run a business with Keohane as the only senior manager employed at the Valley.

In other words he's mismanaged the end of his ownership just as badly as he did the start and all the bits in-between.

It would be funny if it wasn't our football club being run like a circus.
    Can't see it. She owes Roland everything. If he F**** up she would just hang around. He'd see her right.

It's either done or he has had a big bust up with her imo.
  • Murray only cares about himself and his own ego and interests. He hasn't got the best interests of the club at heart. He needs to go.

Not entirely true IMHO.
  • A word for word comment from a colleague in Melbourne who I asked about the possibility of Andrew Muir being involved in a takeover, "It would be safe to say that there would not be many Aussies interested in owning an English Soccer Club".

Well you only actually need one if they have the wherewithal.
  • cabbles said:

I can’t get my head round this. The money owed to the ex Directors has been common knowledge since Cash and Jimenez took over. How can they miss this

If they didn’t know about it then it’s negligence on an unprecedented scale.

Just how long has this forum been talking and speculating on the subject ?

• cabbles said:

I can’t get my head round this. The money owed to the ex Directors has been common knowledge since Cash and Jimenez took over. How can they miss this

Ask Napa.......he’ll explain.
  • cabbles said:

Since @Baldybonce owned a comb :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!