Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• LuckyReds said:

Addickted said:

Was BDL told this information in confidence?

And was the person who told him, told it in confidence?
    All I can ascertain is that BDL was told some complete bullshit in confidence which he passed on. Said person (Rick??) then blabbed it to the world?

Something tells me that those supposedly in the know regarding this are having their chain pulled somewhat?

Roland's revenge?
    That sounds like a classic ploy to source a leak; give everyone a slightly different story and see which appears on Twitter or CharltonLife.

In which case, it underlines the need for the type of confidentiality that the likes of Rick are striving for: providing enough info that we get the gist, but too small enough for any sources to be identified. (I'm thinking of the Aussie coffeeshop bloke now, who was apparently displeased when things came out on here.)

It's mentioned above that someone had actually seen the "compromising" messages from BDL, and that they listed two parties. No idea why anyone would share screenshots, but nevermind...

On the other hand, if I recall correctly Rick made his tweet, and then BDL replied to confirm it. There may have been an implication that they had the same info, but from different sources... Suggesting it was valid at the time, but has either dragged on or been derailed?

All I can say with any certainty is that Chinese whispers is f*cking confusing in 2018.
    We're being bought by the Chinese?????
  • Still on for my prediction of the 28th. Get it sold before the end of the month (and RD has to pay another month's wages)
  • So .................. still time for Red Bull to step into the fray !!
  • I'm just hoping that BigDL info comes from owners who want him in to replace the useless lump that's announcing at the moment
  • Sponsored links:

• The official update we had was we’ll potentially be sold this month.

If in 8 days time we still not sold then we need to worry.
  • 475 pages and we are back to square one.
    This is getting really depressing now

We’re not. Even the club’s official position is that it is likely to be sold in February and that one party is close on price, so that isn’t a problem.

At square one, and right up until December 28th, the official position was that the club was “not for sale”. That was never true, but we are a long way from that now, whoever you believe.
    Well hopefully I can believe you.
    Nice seeing you at MK Saturday btw.

Let's hope something happens sooner rather than later
  • So .................. still time for Red Bull to step into the fray !!

ITS NOT FU**ING REDBULL!!!!!

Yet
  • edited February 2018

475 pages and we are back to square one.
    This is getting really depressing now

We’re not. Even the club’s official position is that it is likely to be sold in February and that one party is close on price, so that isn’t a problem.
    So we believe the club now?

At square one, and right up until December 28th, the official position was that the club was “not for sale”. That was never true, but we are a long way from that now, whoever you believe.>

Just not then?

• DiscoCAFC said:

The official update we had was we’ll potentially be sold this month.

If in 8 days time we still not sold then we need to worry.

Why? Murray said it COULD be February but timescales might shift.

It will happen when it happens, today, tomorrow, next week, next month.

We nearly all want it to happen sooner rather than later but why should we worry on 1 March if it hasn't?

I really don't get the panic and worry.

I'm sure that if you were locked in a room by yourself for 5 minutes, you'd still come out arguing

Pathetic. No one is arguing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mrkinski said:

At least we've got the free scarf for saturday rumour to keep us going.

And a can of Red Bull
  • Croydon said:

Redhenry said:

UPDATE- to avoid any confusion. Just heard no bids have been accepted so far...

but it's a done deal? Yawn
    Redhenry has never said it's a done deal.
    that wasn't aimed at RH.
  • addick05 said:

Let's hope the signed off documents aren't being delivered by DHL!!

Dave Henry Lockwood
  • Mrkinski said:

addick05 said:

Let's hope the signed off documents aren't being delivered by DHL!!

They are being delivered by Amazon Prime. Lobbed over the stands.
    Genuinely laughed at that
  • Is April 1st now favourite ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!