Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Would be a sensible move for Robinson really. Decent set-up and a club with a lot of potential. Just been bought out by a Thai investor so they could either march up the table or he could have the exact same situation again as he had at Charlton. Given that when a takeover eventually does go through he'll be out of a job it all makes sense.
  • Would be a sensible move for Robinson really. Decent set-up and a club with a lot of potential. Just been bought out by a Thai investor so they could either march up the table or he could have the exact same situation again as he had at Charlton. Given that when a takeover eventually does go through he'll be out of a job it all makes sense.

Do they need a COO?
  • If he jumps ship we may hear his real thoughts earlier than if we have to wait for this imminent takeover.
  • If he goes to Oxford no approbation from me. I think I will eventually see him a bit like I see Phil Parkinson now.
  • edited March 2018
    seth plum said:

If he goes to Oxford no approbation from me. I think I will eventually see him a bit like I see Phil Parkinson now.

Is that good or bad?

Why does Parky not get praise? He had zero money and was sacked when 5th for a nobody who admittedly did amazingly in his first full two seasons.
  • Dazzler21 said:

seth plum said:

If he goes to Oxford no approbation from me. I think I will eventually see him a bit like I see Phil Parkinson now.

Is that good or bad?

Why does Parky not get praise? He had zero money and was sacked when 5th for a nobody who admittedly did amazingly in his first full two seasons.
    Similar sort of stuff.
    Parky will always carry Northwich Victoria with him which counteracts other achievements..
  • Fair response, it's not like non league clubs ever beat league one sides.
  • Patrick Kluivert is second favourite. Think that book is well out of wack.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Fair response, it's not like non league clubs ever beat league one sides.

Except it was the first and so far only time in our history.
  • Sponsored links:

• Still looks like 15 June to me.
  • Dave2l said:

Who's Robinson going to openly unnecessarily praise in the media next week?

I’ve moved this great question to a seperate thread, mainly because I don’t want this thread going off topic....
    Heaven forbid that would ever happen, a thread going off topic ...
  • stonemuse said:

Still looks like 15 June to me.

Which year?
  • This is an awful load of bollocks really isn't it?
    Emperors new clothes springs to mind, appreciate the facts but it's like being hooked on heroin.
    Murray's statement is so deliberately garbled it seems like mind games.
  • cfgs said:

If he jumps ship we may hear his real thoughts earlier than if we have to wait for this imminent takeover.

His NDA will probably stay in effect after he leaves the club.
  • I think you will find the man in the red woolly hat is a different RM.

If you look more carefully beneath his cunning disguise, you will realise it's Rupert Murdoch and he is the well known individual that those ITK have been trying to protect. He is in the process of telling Gobinson he's got the job at Oxford as long as he
    1. Shuts up and
    2. Catches the next train that leaves in 30 minutes.
  • I don't get why folk want to see the back of KR. Sitting 7th under the current regime ain't doing too bad imo and even if he does go, either pumped or of his own doing, who do you expect will replace him considering the current situation the club is in?
  • Sponsored links:

• Thing is KR knows we need another proper striker and also a proper destructive thug in midfield, he has said so before. But if you are only allowed loans then you end up gambling on players and bringing in players that simply boost the numbers.
  • So if Robbo goes...who do we go for to replace him?
  • If Oxford want him it would seem a no brainer for him to go unless he has assurances from the new owners which I doubt. It would then be time for JJ to get a shot I suppose.
  • Oxford are mid table, perfect job for Robinson.

Let him go and give it to JJ. Think he would be tactically better anyway.
  • There's only so much waffle you can take ...dont rate him tactically whatever the squad limitations anyway...so it's goodbye and thanks from me

JJ and LB til end of season
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!