Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

Please recognise there is no material difference any new ownership regime can make to the club over the coming two months. Indeed it could be a major distraction with the endless questions about their future plans, their future investment strategy, the status of the current managers, coaches and players.

A change of Manager, a few bosman's and we could be back in with some chance... Or it could derail us.

The fact that this is literally the only point I in part disagreed with tells me your post was well thought out and delivered, it has no place on this thread :wink:
    Agree. The sooner they get in the better. This limbo is far more damaging.
    This season is over.
    Get in. See what you've got and make the necessary plans.
    It's about the only thing the spivs got right when they took over.
  • The year 2043, Roland responds to the protests with Charlton 15th in the Bostick League South

At last a decent Takeover post, been some complete rubbish on this thread recently.

Agreed.
  • I understand the frustration but from an investors perspective there is no immediate rush here.

If there is concern the Australians are uncomfortable a price has been agreed with a second party it is more likely to speak to a matter of communication than anything else. It is a failing which has defined this regime.

Only time will tell if it is seen to be as a matter of falling outside the terms of "negotiating in good faith". Such a position would be careless in the extreme.

The confusion suggests Mr Murrays' recent communiqué maybe his last until it is done,

That a third party apparently remains in the wings can mean anything, from merely a passing interest, to a particular strategy in letting others position the reality of the vendors position and letting others work through all of their strategies/ theories in extracting the best possible price.

It is eminently simpler to come in at a later stage when others have done all the "hard graft" early running. There is also inevitably an element of negotiating fatigue which can creep in. Such a late arrival strategy carries its risk but if you are confident you hold a winning hand then it can be a a risk worth taking. Equally they maybe simply refusing to chase the game with other options always likely to be available.

Please recognise there is no material difference any new ownership regime can make to the club over the coming two months. Indeed it could be a major distraction with the endless questions about their future plans, their future investment strategy, the status of the current managers, coaches and players.

Many will be questions they will be in no position, nor may wish, to respond to at this stage.

I am beginning to wonder whether Charlton Life needs to develop its own Advent Calendar with a "takeover rumour/ non rumour of the day" snippet to be revealed every day. And no that does not mean the takeover interests are emanating from Germany.

At this stage there is nothing to suggest our "Footballing Christmas" is to be cancelled.

I agree there are any number of items any new owner would wish to have addressed over this period but balanced against such disruption and an investment bottom line they carry lesser value.

Matters will continue to develop at their own pace. Just go and watch some paint dry for a while.

Good analysis, I would suggest there is no deal this side of May, one party made their bid a long while ago and the other scrambling for funding, Roland hoping for promotion . Stalemate for now its a game of Poker as I have stated before,who folds first will depend on next 3 to 4 games.
  • I understand the frustration but from an investors perspective there is no immediate rush here.

If there is concern the Australians are uncomfortable a price has been agreed with a second party it is more likely to speak to a matter of communication than anything else. It is a failing which has defined this regime.

Only time will tell if it is seen to be as a matter of falling outside the terms of "negotiating in good faith". Such a position would be careless in the extreme.

The confusion suggests Mr Murrays' recent communiqué maybe his last until it is done,

That a third party apparently remains in the wings can mean anything, from merely a passing interest, to a particular strategy in letting others position the reality of the vendors position and letting others work through all of their strategies/ theories in extracting the best possible price.

It is eminently simpler to come in at a later stage when others have done all the "hard graft" early running. There is also inevitably an element of negotiating fatigue which can creep in. Such a late arrival strategy carries its risk but if you are confident you hold a winning hand then it can be a a risk worth taking. Equally they maybe simply refusing to chase the game with other options always likely to be available.

Many will be questions they will be in no position, nor may wish, to respond to at this stage.

I am beginning to wonder whether Charlton Life needs to develop its own Advent Calendar with a "takeover rumour/ non rumour of the day" snippet to be revealed every day. And no that does not mean the takeover interests are emanating from Germany.

At this stage there is nothing to suggest our "Footballing Christmas" is to be cancelled.

I agree there are any number of items any new owner would wish to have addressed over this period but balanced against such disruption and an investment bottom line they carry lesser value.

Matters will continue to develop at their own pace. Just go and watch some paint dry for a while.

Good analysis, I would suggest there is no deal this side of May, one party made their bid a long while ago and the other scrambling for funding, Roland hoping for promotion . Stalemate for now its a game of Poker as I have stated before,who folds first will depend on next 3 to 4 games.
    3 to 4 games takes us to Plymouth at home on March 24th.

It's possible that even mixed results might keep the faint hope of promotion alive but do we think that the club could stagger on to May with no CEO, no Chief Finance Officer, and possibly no Manager (If Robinson jumps ship)....?
  • edited March 2018

I understand the frustration but from an investors perspective there is no immediate rush here.

Are you joking?

Why has he put the club up for sale then?

Are you joking?

RD wants rid, but he can make a few more bob if we get promoted so is using delaying tactics. We won’t make the 6 probably, so as soon as that is a numerical certainty the deal will be done.
  • edited March 2018

I understand the frustration but from an investors perspective there is no immediate rush here.

Are you joking?

I'm guessing because Roland thinks will get more for the club if promoted. Clearly though there will be some terms in a deal that should the club get promoted, a further payment is made by the new owners to Roly, therefore there's no need for him to wait to see if we are promoted.

Are you joking?

Because the club will be worth more in The Championship.

• Sponsored links:

Are you joking?

why? does that automatically wipe out some of the debt then?

Are you joking?

why? does that automatically wipe out some of the debt then?
    One step closer to the premier league. That and only that.

• All these different hypotheses. One thing we have to remember is that if parties have paid out circa £120k for due diligence, as RM has stated, then it would seem strange that they haven't actually got the money to follow the deal through and it would also seem strange that they would pay out all that money without knowing the criteria that would have to be met in order to close the deal. Its possible that RD has said that if you satisfy all those criteria and I decline, then I will pay back your costs (a bit like paying unsuccessful contractors tendering costs in some D&B jobs). He may decline because somebody else jumps in or he may see us getting closer to the championship or any other variety of things which might occur which makes him think he will get a better deal which will negate the paying of circa £120k, or maybe 2 lots of £120k in costs. BTW - I haven't heard any more news lately, these are just my thoughts and I still think if its not closed out very soon, then it will be done once next season's division is known.
  • DOUCHER said:

All these different hypotheses. One thing we have to remember is that if parties have paid out circa £120k for due diligence, as RM has stated, then it would seem strange that they haven't actually got the money to follow the deal through and it would also seem strange that they would pay out all that money without knowing the criteria that would have to be met in order to close the deal. Its possible that RD has said that if you satisfy all those criteria and I decline, then I will pay back your costs (a bit like paying unsuccessful contractors tendering costs in some D&B jobs). He may decline because somebody else jumps in or he may see us getting closer to the championship or any other variety of things which might occur which makes him think he will get a better deal which will negate the paying of circa £120k, or maybe 2 lots of £120k in costs. BTW - I haven't heard any more news lately, these are just my thoughts and I still think if its not closed out very soon, then it will be done once next season's division is known.

What concerns me about that scenario is that should by some miracle we are promoted. The old goat would either think or be persuaded to give it a couple if seasons in The Championship. Fortunately I think that aspect of this saga is academic.

• Angeldust seems to corroborate red henry’s lot are interested saying he’s found out one of the interested parties have substantial wealth and are from Thailand/philipinnes area of the world.. Red Henry?
  • It's looking increasingly likely to me that the silly old fool might need a bit of a nudge. Belgium anyone?
  • What does Grapevine 49 think he's doing posting sensible comments on this thread.
  • HarryLime said:

Bearing in mind I know feck all, and just spend my time gleaning information on here and amongst other places, I get the feeling they are just playing silly buggers and occasionally putting out bits of misinformation and see where they end up and by whom.
    He will sell, but only he knows when.

The year 2043, Roland responds to the protests with Charlton 15th in the Bostick League South

Surely a club would be worth more in the Championship if they had won promotion through astute leadership, good management, a long term strategy and optimistic support? Throwing away so many points at the end of matches, seldom scoring more than one goal, and no plan "B" may just indicate promotion was achieved by sheer good luck and the freefall of several "contenders".
    So simple, a child could see it..... "P" is for Powell, Promotion and Pride, "R" is for Robbo, takes us for a Ride.

Today I have reached the age of the cottage on the Isle of Wight (achieved!), and scrimp and save (achieved!). Just returned from Audiology, have lost a temporary filling this morning, and reckon I won't last until 2043. Why do the FA consider Waloonies fit and proper?
  • Sponsored links:

• The end is nigh.
  • Not a dig at @DOUCHER - just to say that while £120k may be a lot to many of us, it’s chump change to all of these parties. They won’t even blink at that. It’s the cost of being in the game.
  • Not a dig at @DOUCHER - just to say that while £120k may be a lot to many of us, it’s chump change to all of these parties. They won’t even blink at that. It’s the cost of being in the game.

£120k is a lot of money to anyone.
  • LoOkOuT said:

The end is nigh.

Is that based on hope or expectation?
  • Impasse.
  • PopIcon said:

Not a dig at @DOUCHER - just to say that while £120k may be a lot to many of us, it’s chump change to all of these parties. They won’t even blink at that. It’s the cost of being in the game.

£120k is a lot of money to anyone.
    Any company anywhere would see £120k spent on a failed acquisition as a huge loss and failure.
  • All smelling abut like zabeel if you ask me

Lots of noise no Happy ever after
  • "All piss and wind!" A very apt saying to go with this interminable utterly Charlton takeover.

I am resigned to a summer takeover at best with the hope it is early enough to clear out Jimmy Tarbuck's stunt man and a good few of the bottlers in our squad, ready for a proper tilt at getting out of division 3.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!