Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• So if Robbo goes...who do we go for to replace him?

We could all have a go...a bit like the crossbar challenge?
  • I'm not following this thread closely, but is it now widely agreed that RD is simply using RM as a stooge and therefore we can dismiss the much-heralded RM updates as smoke and mirrors?

• dickplumb said:

If Robinson leaves there is only one candidate for me, Nathan Jones.

Would he want to jump ship now, when Luton are looking good for automatic promotion and a possible title. Managers get few chances to actually win silverware
  • dickplumb said:

If Robinson leaves there is only one candidate for me, Nathan Jones.

Would he want to jump ship now, when Luton are looking good for automatic promotion and a possible title. Managers get few chances to actually win silverware
    Roland won't appoint a permanent manager whilst the takeover is ongoing.

• Sponsored links:

• I'm not following this thread closely, but is it now widely agreed that RD is simply using RM as a stooge and therefore we can dismiss the much-heralded RM updates as smoke and mirrors?

I agree.

Seems that Murray is simply a conduit for Duchatelet's BS. Duchatelet has demonstrated many times that he will say whatever is needed to defend his position or to manipulate situations to his advantage, - it really doesn't matter if it's true or not.

It may be Murray's voice that we hear, but he speaks Duchatelet's words, and so far, between them, they've contrived keep a lid on any dissent or derision that would otherwise have been aimed at Duchatelet.

People have given far too much credence to Murray's positive pronouncements. The result has been a frustrated inertia while we all wait patiently for something to happen.

I think we all have a very long wait ahead of us.
    Precisely.
  • murrays updates are irrelevant its airman and redhenrys etc we are all waiting for!

Speaking of which, you heard anything chaps. All very quite at the mo
  • cfgs said:

Thing is KR knows we need another proper striker and also a proper destructive thug in midfield, he has said so before. But if you are only allowed loans then you end up gambling on players and bringing in players that simply boost the numbers.

Exactly. He's done ok under the circumstances, and I'd be happy for him to have a proper stab at it with funds.

But as @DA9 said, 'if new owners are bringing in a better more experienced manager, fair enough. And if KR knows that is happening, then with him still living in MK, the Oxford job makes perfect sense for him and his family.'

Jason Euell I think said he didn't want the first team job when asked about it? (I may be wrong about that.)
    Giving him a chance would go down well with the fans I think, if he is up for it.
  • So no new updates?

Overheard Duchebags conversation with Murray

https://youtu.be/_aZ2bdnG97A
  • JamesSeed said:

cfgs said:

Thing is KR knows we need another proper striker and also a proper destructive thug in midfield, he has said so before. But if you are only allowed loans then you end up gambling on players and bringing in players that simply boost the numbers.

Exactly. He's done ok under the circumstances, and I'd be happy for him to have a proper stab at it with funds.

But as @DA9 said, 'if new owners are bringing in a better more experienced manager, fair enough. And if KR knows that is happening, then with him still living in MK, the Oxford job makes perfect sense for him and his family.'

Jason Euell I think said he didn't want the first team job when asked about it? (I may be wrong about that.)
    Giving him a chance would go down well with the fans I think, if he is up for it.
    I thought Euell didn’t want the first team coach role as he wasn’t getting a pay rise to do it, was enjoying the role as u23 manager and didn’t want the uncertainty in the job given the manager Merry-go-round we have. But I may be wrong
  • Did someone mention today as being important?
  • edited March 2018
    someone, somewhere, yes probably
  • DA9 said:

I don’t want KR to go, under the extreme circumstances, restrictions and background noise he has had to deal with, I think he’s worked wonders.
    However, if a new regime have real vision and financial clout, and are bringing in a better more experienced manager, fair enough. And if KR knows that is happening, then with him still living in MK, the Oxford job makes perfect sense for him and his family.

said it perfectly
  • Sponsored links:

Yeh.

It's international women's day.

Somebody did say something about the end of this week, was it @flyingkiwiDK? Apologies if it wasn't.
  • cfgs said:

Did someone mention today as being important?

Somebody did say something about the end of this week, was it @flyingkiwiDK? Apologies if it wasn't.
    Yes it was me.
  • cfgs said:

Yes it was me.
    Do you still stick by that?
  • Chrispy51 said:

JamesSeed said:

cfgs said:

I thought Euell didn’t want the first team coach role as he wasn’t getting a pay rise to do it, was enjoying the role as u23 manager and didn’t want the uncertainty in the job given the manager Merry-go-round we have. But I may be wrong
    That I believe. The Academy is one part of the club which seemingly hasn't been much affected by RD or KM and been largely left to get on with it
  • J BLOCK said:

cfgs said:

Yes it was me.
    Do you still stick by that?
    Yes
    Have you heard anymore about @Redhenry group?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!