Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• The Saudi’s have bought Charlton and 48 Typhoons
  • It's never going to happen, Douchebag is going to own us forever.

He's definitely the type to live til hes 110 too

Not sure about that, bad teeth contribute to heart disease.

Are you reading this EssexAl?
  • Have updated the prediction thread. Next available date is April 12th (2018)
    My money is on May now. I've nabbed a date, but can share if anyone wants it.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/80685/roland-departure-date-prediction/p10
  • JamesSeed said:

Have updated the prediction thread. Next available date is April 12th (2018)

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/80685/roland-departure-date-prediction/p10

I’m still going to win it so you all might as well give up now .

We'll need 'em against Peterborough.
  • PopIcon said:

Not a dig at @DOUCHER - just to say that while £120k may be a lot to many of us, it’s chump change to all of these parties. They won’t even blink at that. It’s the cost

DOUCHER said:

All these different hypotheses. One thing we have to remember is that if parties have paid out circa £120k for due diligence, as RM has stated, then it would seem strange that they haven't actually got the money to follow the deal through and it would also seem strange that they would pay out all that money without knowing the criteria that would have to be met in order to close the deal. Its possible that RD has said that if you satisfy all those criteria and I decline, then I will pay back your costs (a bit like paying unsuccessful contractors tendering costs in some D&B jobs). He may decline because somebody else jumps in or he may see us getting closer to the championship or any other variety of things which might occur which makes him think he will get a better deal which will negate the paying of circa £120k, or maybe 2 lots of £120k in costs. BTW - I haven't heard any more news lately, these are just my thoughts and I still think if its not closed out very soon, then it will be done once next season's division is known.

What concerns me about that scenario is that should by some miracle we are promoted. The old goat would either think or be persuaded to give it a couple if seasons in The Championship. Fortunately I think that aspect of this saga is academic.

Agreed - I don't think that will happen - he wants out and wishes he never got involved in the first place so it's just all about getting the best deal he can now but can't see it going on any longer than may although if red henrys lot do become real who knows because then I guess the dd thing has to start again - anyway, pointless speculating really - it's been done to death

Makes a change from parking the bus, just put a Typhoon plane there :smiley:
  • JamesSeed said:

As it’s my birthday, I just have to go with 12 April please.
  • edited March 2018
    I know that Richard Murray hasn’t promised a date or even month but he has given the impression that a deal is all but done and will be concluded pretty soon.

If we don’t get a conclusion to this epic saga within a month of his latest update he really is going to look increasingly like a complete pillock.
  • I know that Richard Murray hasn’t promised a date or even month but he has given the impression that a deal is all but done and will be concluded pretty soon.

If we don’t get a conclusion to this epic saga within a month of his latest update he really is going to look increasingly like a complete pillock.

He's only telling us what Duchâtelet instructs him to tell us
  • Sponsored links:

The way that firkin idiot Duchatelet is wrecking the club it will soon be down in value to 48 Typhoos.
  • edited March 2018

I know that Richard Murray hasn’t promised a date or even month but he has given the impression that a deal is all but done and will be concluded pretty soon.

Agreed except he'll only come out and say how it was all out of his hands.

I didn't believe him when he said February could be possible.

The thing that I can't get my head around though is by RD not having a January fire sale which could have happened (rejected bids for Konsa, Fosu, Magennis, JFC?) then surely the only reason RD didn't take the money, sell the club and run would have been because a sale was as close then as suggested by Murray with RD told he can't sell anyone.

Not that anyone wanted a firesale but in RD's mind alone surely he would have expected a sale by now too. If on 31st Jan someone had said by as late as mid March RD would still be here I'd have fully expected a firesale of the squad - which didn't happen thankfully but even worse RD is still here too. Why?
  • Isn't there supposed to be announcements of season ticket prices and suchlike happening?
    Who is running the gaff?
  • seth plum said:

Isn't there supposed to be announcements of season ticket prices and suchlike happening?
    Who is running the gaff?

No-one.
  • seth plum said:

Isn't there supposed to be announcements of season ticket prices and suchlike happening?
    Who is running the gaff?

The tea lady .
  • I know that Richard Murray hasn’t promised a date or even month but he has given the impression that a deal is all but done and will be concluded pretty soon.

Not really because, as you yourself said, he promised nothing.

If people choose to believe it's all but done and are then disappointed when it hasn't happened yet then more fool them.

WIOTOS
  • Yes she is and the Rat has told her how to make tea as well.
  • Stig said:

Did someone mention today as being important?

Yes they certainly did:

bbob said:

International Womens Day

Tomorrow is National Crab Meat Day, so i wouldn't worry too much about it.
    Enjoy those crab sticks everybody!
    I am allergic to crabmeat.
    Seriously.

• edited March 2018

It's the impression thing that concerns me.

The OS don't stop banging on about a potential sale. Constantly airing Robinson's thoughts on the matter and how it is affecting him and the team.
    And then we have Murray putting his head on the chopping block when he could quite easily sit back and say nothing.
    This doesn't follow the pattern of takeovers passed. It feels like a bit of desperation to me or certainly flag waving in the hope that potential buyers will make a move or get involved if they are not already.

Can't wait to post this for real.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Can't wait to post this for real.

I think you’ll be waiting a long time.
  • edited March 2018
    Missed It said:

Dazzler21 said:

Please recognise there is no material difference any new ownership regime can make to the club over the coming two months. Indeed it could be a major distraction with the endless questions about their future plans, their future investment strategy, the status of the current managers, coaches and players.

A change of Manager, a few bosman's and we could be back in with some chance... Or it could derail us.

The fact that this is literally the only point I in part disagreed with tells me your post was well thought out and delivered, it has no place on this thread :wink:
    Quite right. Leave it any longer and next season is well on the way to being screwed too. Just when everybody else is sorting transfer priorities for the off-season, Charlton are drifting along with no clue of funds, budget, management, senior executives... just basically frickin everything is stuck going nowhere.
    You’ve just summed up the four years under Duchatelet and Meire.

Agreed except he'll only come out and say how it was all out of his hands.

I didn't believe him when he said February could be possible.

The thing that I can't get my head around though is by RD not having a January fire sale which could have happened (rejected bids for Konsa, Fosu, Magennis, JFC?) then surely the only reason RD didn't take the money, sell the club and run would have been because a sale was as close then as suggested by Murray with RD told he can't sell anyone.

Not that anyone wanted a firesale but in RD's mind alone surely he would have expected a sale by now too. If on 31st Jan someone had said by as late as mid March RD would still be here I'd have fully expected a firesale of the squad - which didn't happen thankfully but even worse RD is still here too. Why?
    Very possibly a deal was agreed but doucebag thought he could screw the buyers for a bit more money at the last minute. "Buyers" by now fed up with his antics told him to fuck off & walked away & this is where we are now.

It's the impression thing that concerns me.

The OS don't stop banging on about a potential sale. Constantly airing Robinson's thoughts on the matter and how it is affecting him and the team.
    And then we have Murray putting his head on the chopping block when he could quite easily sit back and say nothing.
    This doesn't follow the pattern of takeovers passed. It feels like a bit of desperation to me or certainly flag waving in the hope that potential buyers will make a move or get involved if they are not already.
    hardly

Once a month statements from Murray. If he said nothing he'd be completely slagged off for not saying anything about the takeover...
    As for Robinson, he'll talk about anything and everything, and if he's asked a question about the takeover, will reply.

Like Airman?
  • JamesSeed said:

As it’s my birthday, I just have to go with 12 April please.
    Sorry, @blackpool72 nabbed that date.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!