Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• It's interesting (and disturbing) to note the downswing in mood over the past few days. Have I missed some bad news or is it just that the takeover is taking longer than anticipated?
  • Stig said:

It's interesting (and disturbing) to note the downswing in mood over the past few days. Have I missed some bad news or is it just that the takeover is taking longer than anticipated?

Probably because it is taking longer than expected and we are getting further and further from even getting into the playoffs, which makes the chances of getting out of this crap league diminishingly small - even under new ownership.
  • Stig said:

It's interesting (and disturbing) to note the downswing in mood over the past few days. Have I missed some bad news or is it just that the takeover is taking longer than anticipated?

I agree with this. First time in forever I can't be bothered to post a match report, I don't know the kick off time next weekend for the Rugby but it is a pull (Ireland being in with a chance of the grand slam) compared to what I anticipate to be miserable dreariness ay the Valley.
    It is like catching some kind of illness, but for me i am simply losing interest, genuinely, and for anybody that knows me, they will be surprised.
    My mood regarding Charlton was last this low when we went to Selhurst, and it is hard to know if any enthusiasm will ever return.
  • Davo55 said:

cafc999 said:

I sense that Murray is just telling us what we want to hear.

In my opinion he should be concentrating on getting season ticket prices for next season sorted.

I'd be surprised if Murray has any interest in that. Presumably they would only reissue last season's anyway. But I think any season ticket announcement ahead of a takeover should be met with derision.
    I think there should be a boycott of season ticket sales if Duchatelet is still in charge.
    100%.

I can’t imagine they would be stupid enough to try to sell STs for next season while Duchatelet is still here. The thought of that money going into Duchatelet’s pocket rather than helping new owners rebuild the club/team would cause uproar. Under those circumstances I can’t imagine anyone would renew /buy. It would have to be a complete boycott of STs until the takeover is completed.
    As you say Davo,
    100%.
  • Davo55 said:

cafc999 said:

In my opinion he should be concentrating on getting season ticket prices for next season sorted.

I'd be surprised if Murray has any interest in that. Presumably they would only reissue last season's anyway. But I think any season ticket announcement ahead of a takeover should be met with derision.
    I think there should be a boycott of season ticket sales if Duchatelet is still in charge.
    100%.

I can’t imagine they would be stupid enough to try to sell STs for next season while Duchatelet is still here. The thought of that money going into Duchatelet’s pocket rather than helping new owners rebuild the club/team would cause uproar. Under those circumstances I can’t imagine anyone would renew /buy. It would have to be a complete boycott of STs until the takeover is completed.
    Unfortunately I could still see 3000+ still buying.
    With the exception of a few who have stubbornly dug there heels in, the others who may renew will only be doing so to retain their seats.
    May I suggest that CAST address this by letting them know that the potential new owners will be respectfully urged to allow, wherever possible, lapsed season ticket holders to return to their seats on renewing after the takeover.
  • edited March 2018

Well I for one will not renew my season ticket if uncle Roland is still here.

It was touch and go this season but enough is enough.

You'll buckle.

You'll buckle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well I for one will not renew my season ticket if uncle Roland is still here.

Same here.
  • The way its going at the moment, I'm not like to renew my Ifollow season ticket either.
  • cafc999 said:

The point is was trying to make is that as Murray is really the only main member of the SMT left he needs to sort this out
  • cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

The point is was trying to make is that as Murray is really the only main member of the SMT left he needs to sort this out
    I can't believe you've overlooked the fact Mr Cahones is more than helping!
  • cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

It is a very valid point, because it is very much looking like we will be in league one for another season and we are two months from the season ending and we have no plan in place for next season. Under Powell, we had already identified transfer targets for the previous year.

Throw in big spending budgets like Sunderland and Birmingham and next season could be a struggle to compete for the automatic promotions.

We need this to happen quickly for this season and next season.
  • You can't build a squad with no money and no plan. This needs to happen in the next few weeks or we're scuppered.
  • T_C_E said:

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

I can't believe you've overlooked the fact Mr Cahones is more than helping!
    I can arrange my own sandwiches
  • Well I for one will not renew my season ticket if uncle Roland is still here.

You'll buckle.

You'll buckle.
    Accrington away
    Burton away
    Plus a few others.

Other than that I shall go to Bromley
  • edited March 2018
    cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

Murray isn’t part of the management team and he won’t be interested in doing that. He’ll turn up and watch training and talk to Robinson and maybe be on the end of the phone for Keohane if he’s lucky.
  • So who is actually running the club at the moment?
  • Sponsored links:

• No one club is in a right mess.
  • edited March 2018
    seth plum said:

Stig said:

I agree with this. First time in forever I can't be bothered to post a match report, I don't know the kick off time next weekend for the Rugby but it is a pull (Ireland being in with a chance of the grand slam) compared to what I anticipate to be miserable dreariness ay the Valley.
    It is like catching some kind of illness, but for me i am simply losing interest, genuinely, and for anybody that knows me, they will be surprised.
    My mood regarding Charlton was last this low when we went to Selhurst, and it is hard to know if any enthusiasm will ever return.
    I know exactly what you mean.

I've missed more games this season than any other since I've had a season ticket.

Part of that has been down to health but on other occasions I've consciously chosen to watch the rugby rather than Charlton or do something family related.

Home matches are so predictable. Twenty to thirty minutes where we look quite decent and MIGHT score and then sit back and eventual capitulation epitomised by the phrase the opposition 'keeper didn't have a save to make worthy of the name.

My enthusiasm is at an all time low and, regardless of owner, I'm not sure if I will bother to renew.
  • I will renew with a new owner probably, in some kind of hope (I have had two seasons without a season ticket), but I have lost faith in the notion that a new owner will pitch up anyway.
  • seth plum said:

I will renew with a new owner probably, in some kind of hope (I have had two seasons without a season ticket), but I have lost faith in the notion that a new owner will pitch up anyway.

Don't give up mate. Keep the faith.
    New owners for next season guaranteed.

Onwards and upwards.
  • The sun might shine tomorrow...
  • edited March 2018
    HarryLime said:

So who is actually running the club at the moment?

Hate to say it but they've been replaced as well - New robin and knight costumes got designed a few games ago
  • I have a good feeling that something is now very close.
  • Solidgone said:

The sun might shine tomorrow...

Based on anything or a guess?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!