Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• PaddyP17 said:

Anything happened in the last 18 or so pages?

I'd quite like to know more about the Belgian ambassador was it - but can't remember whether it was in the last 18 pages, 28 pages, 38 pages, 48 pages -- you get the drift - looked a bit Upstart Crow as I recall but can't face searching all the way back to check.

• J BLOCK said:

Ferryman said:

FAVADDICK said:

So surely when Wednesday comes around we should get another statement as the 2 weeks will be up over to you again Murry !!!

RolandOutToday have suggested that the takeover speculation could just be to pacify protesters - I don't think we can totally rule out.
    How on earth is that going to pacify protesters? It's just going to be 100 times worse if this turns out to be true!
    Whag happened to your news last Friday then
    Fake news (as it turned out)
  • PaddyP17 said:

Anything happened in the last 18 or so pages?

I'd quite like to know more about the Belgian ambassador was it - but can't remember whether it was in the last 18 pages, 28 pages, 38 pages, 48 pages -- you get the drift - looked a bit Upstart Crow as I recall but can't face searching all the way back to check.

He really spoiled us with his Ferrero Rocher
  • J BLOCK said:

Ferryman said:

FAVADDICK said:

So surely when Wednesday comes around we should get another statement as the 2 weeks will be up over to you again Murry !!!

RolandOutToday have suggested that the takeover speculation could just be to pacify protesters - I don't think we can totally rule out.
    How on earth is that going to pacify protesters? It's just going to be 100 times worse if this turns out to be true!
    Whag happened to your news last Friday then
    Fake news (as it turned out)
    Cheers for sharing though, genuinely appreciate any rumours people hear
  • Ferryman said:

FAVADDICK said:

The prime reason that does not make sense to me is....

I think Konsa would have been gone over the winter if he had no intention of selling.
  • edited March 2018
    Rad. Season tickets can be delivered via Prime membership, turn the Jimmy Seed into a grocery store and rename the stadium the "Whole Foods Valley." And the parking lot in back can be turned into a launch pad. Not for the club but for Bezos' Blue Origin rocket.
  • Parking lot at the back?

That, my American cousin, is known as Pothole Place and is an iconic area of tarmac/gravel/puddles beloved of all Charlton fans.

That's like saying St Helena produces a decent plonk.
  • razil said:

razil said:

Not really that disconcerting (but admittedly very dull and annoying as we want him gone), the reason behind the delay (I expect) is as was hinted initially..

There is little impetus for the buyer to be saddled with losses while they cant influence the trajectory of the club.

Certainly while as others have mentioned our final finishing position is up for question this might affect the value, but as also said that could be factored in to any price one would think?

Il Duché has tried (I also expect) to push things on by means of 'other bids' and 'possible completion dates' but has clearly failed (he's not very good at not doing failure as we have seen many times).

If we were in with a chance of promotion I'd be more frustrated, but that clearly isn't a serious proposition.

That's a good point but just reinforces the feeling that they probably haven't got much about them in terms of finance.
    Not necessarily could just be sound business people.

Additionally, they weren’t worried about the transfer window which could equally imply the opposite of your assertion.
    Oh, I have no issue with a buyer being sound business wise. I just hope that is allied with some ambition for the club. We will just have to wait and see.
  • Sponsored links:

• I had a dream.

Then I woke up.
  • Rad. Season tickets can be delivered via Prime membership, turn the Jimmy Seed into a grocery store and rename the stadium the "Whole Foods Valley." And the parking lot in back can be turned into a launch pad. Not for the club but for Bezos' Blue Origin rocket.
    Fine by me. We'd still be launched into orbit, even on his version of a tight budget.
  • Radio 4 ran the story about Charlton being the community club of the year this morning. It began 'Charlton Athletic have.....' and just for a second I though it was the takeover announcement.
  • edited March 2018
    TO BE ANNOUNCED THIS WEEK:

CHARLTON TAKEOVER dreams crushed
  • Ferryman said:

FAVADDICK said:

I think Konsa would have been gone over the winter if he had no intention of selling.
    Roland's waiting for that sale and JBG add on.
  • edited March 2018
    Ferryman said:

Ferryman said:

FAVADDICK said:

Roland's waiting for that sale and JBG add on.
    I'm sure he would have negotiated in the sale his slice of future income from sell on clauses.

• No takeover gossip tonight. Only the Parkes representing the club at Blackpool.
  • The plan's working another £5mill of the price tonight :wink:
  • No CEO and soon no Manager. Bye bye Robbo
  • No CEO and soon no Manager. Bye bye Robbo

Good
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheerio Karl
  • Surely this shit can be sped up now....
  • Cheerio Karl

Seriously, who's going to sack him?
  • johnny73 said:

No takeover gossip tonight. Only the Parkes representing the club at Blackpool.

We do miss Katrien.

• Cheerio Karl

Can Murray do it?
  • Cheerio Karl

Can Murray do it?
    And make even more work for himself??

He's 70 odd years old FFS. Does he really need this?
  • The question of how much the club would be worth if promoted this season is rapidly becoming academic, which at least will speed up one potential point of blockage...
  • Where has the hope gone? We need a substantial takeover rumour now more than ever! @Redhenry @Airman Brown @nth london addick
  • Cheerio Karl

Can Murray do it?
    And make even more work for himself??

He's 70 odd years old FFS. Does he really need this?
    I mean it's hard to really guage how people are coming across on the internet, because of course you only really have text to go off.

My reply to your original question was one of general curiosity - not really understanding the inner workings of our football club, I genuinely have no idea if he has the power to do that.

Your response to that question has taken me by surprise, and seems somewhat belligerent. As I mentioned its hard to judge tone of the internet, so maybe I have misunderstood you, but a simple yes or no answer would have sufficed.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!