Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I feel for the people that come and watch us. When you’ve got family and kids and not knowing what’s happening in the summer – it can put you in a predicament.”

Karl, mate ... they aren’t upset ,annoyed and tired of takeover not sticking to a timeframe - they’re pissed off with the constant crap you and your team serve up on Tuesdays and Saturdays ... they’re pissed off at the drivel you pump out in interviews too!

I have no idea why this clown keeps banging on about the takeover taking time and dragging on ... because currently it’s the endless timeframe that’s keeping him employed!
  • This crap has got too end soon or next season will be screwed as well.
  • So Robinson confirmed what I said last week. The players have basically stopped playing, because they are concerned about their futures.

“There’s been too many things hanging over the club for too long a time. So when something very small goes against you it sparks a negative mentality. You’ve got players in there whose contracts are up in the summer not knowing what’s going on, who’s going to be in charge. These are answers that I can’t give to players or their agents with six weeks to go in the season.

“This is a reality check. If I’ve got to get in trouble for saying it I don’t really care. It’s the truth.

“I’d love to build something properly but how can you build something when you don’t know what corner you’re turning. We’ve created quite a good mentality around the place but we need something to take us onto the next level now. Everybody is just waiting. How long can you keep waiting? People’s careers are going down the pan. It’s as simple as that.”
  • Cmon Murray, tell us all another whopper tomorrow.
  • Cmon Murray, tell us all another whopper tomorrow.

He won't say anything until Roland tells him to
  • Without the protests to blame, and having done the slamming the players too often, Robinson has had to turn to the uncertainty
  • All the time Roland remains you could dress a pig in a Macron jacket and stick it in the technical area and it would do as good a managerial job as anyone else we could get. Managers don't get to manage under Roland.

The only thing Robinson COULD do is drop his shitty system. He won't though and, understandably from his perspective, is just hanging on for his pay off. The situation is win win for him. He's taken over a 'basket case' and competed for a while before it all went belly up. The wider game of football will judge him kindly and he should be employed again after us.

• Sad...So sad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Robinson goes to Oxford and O'Laughlin or Driesen is shovelled in.
  • deflecting another crap performance onto the lack of a takeover.
  • Not knowing how much further we have to fall is really quite frightening if you dwell on it.

Some good news - Logan Air yesterday announced it is introducing flights between Southend and Carlisle, so those long away trips to northern outposts we already know and love, and will be getting even more of in the future, at least those will be easier in the future. (Starts sobbing uncontrollably)
  • I think he wants the sack and paid out because he knows when the takeover happens he will be let go so why not do all you can to get paid out sooner.
  • I think he wants the sack and paid out because he knows when the takeover happens he will be let go so why not do all you can to get paid out sooner.

Especially if the Oxford rumours are correct (which I seriously doubt BTW). Double bubble!
  • LouisMend said:
    Did he say anything about the game?

~~~ Join ROT

Especially if the Oxford rumours are correct (which I seriously doubt BTW). Double bubble!
    No chance that Robinson is going to Oxford.

They have not had a manager for six weeks and it was an easy story to link him to Oxford(as well as Barnsley) given the problems here and his fragile position.

Quite rightly, Robinson will stay until he's booted out. Why walk out on a substantial pay off? Not many of us would if in his shoes.
  • Sponsored links:

• If prospective purchasers are waiting on duche deciding when to sell (when we know the division) then why is their no evidence of them being around the club? By this i mean, watching games, analysing the first team etc.
  • edited March 2018
    Don’t panic. The information must have come from Murray, so probably means nothing. It might have just been an aside which Karl has latched on to (successfully) deflect attention away from a poor performance.

Ok I’m clutching at straws here.

Anyway, the good news is there are plenty of July and August dates available in the prediction thread.

Statement from Murray required now.
  • johnny73 said:

If prospective purchasers are waiting on duche deciding when to sell (when we know the division) then why is their no evidence of them being around the club? By this i mean, watching games, analysing the first team etc.

There are any number of scouts at games. You wouldn't know who they are or who they represent.
  • Stig said:

Quite an amazing statement, and at the same time thoroughly depressing. We just have to find a way to up the ante. I think the ROT party is a great idea. I also think we need more protests here and in Belgium (he's had it too bloody easy this season), and how anyone can contemplate buying a season ticket is just beyond me. Not a penny more!

LenGlover said:

All the time Roland remains you could dress a pig in a Macron jacket and stick it in the technical area and it would do as good a managerial job as anyone else we could get. Managers don't get to manage under Roland.

The only thing Robinson COULD do is drop his shitty system. He won't though and, understandably from his perspective, is just hanging on for his pay off. The situation is win win for him. He's taken over a 'basket case' and competed for a while before it all went belly up. The wider game of football will judge him kindly and he should be employed again after us.

Won’t make any difference what formation we play. The players have lost all desire, and probably all self belief, it seems.

Robinson might be a poor manager, but he seems to be the only one at the club who gives a shit at the moment.
    Murray wants his money back, so is keeping quiet at a time when we need an interim leader.
    Who else is there who could give the club and supporters something positive to hang on to?
    We don’t even know whether to protest any more.

As you said, football will remember how we did well before injuries and sale talk ‘derailed out season’. But we never had the depth of squad to survive all but the most minor of blips. And Robinson didn’t have the flexibility to adapt to changing situations.
  • If the players are worried about their futures, why aren't they performing to a level that might get them noticed by other clubs? Or at least by any potential future manager/owner.

Because they have an excuse. ‘Club in turmoil, crap manager, just need a fresh start with a “proper” club.’
  • sammy391 said:

I feel for the people that come and watch us. When you’ve got family and kids and not knowing what’s happening in the summer – it can put you in a predicament.”

Karl, mate ... they aren’t upset ,annoyed and tired of takeover not sticking to a timeframe - they’re pissed off with the constant crap you and your team serve up on Tuesdays and Saturdays ... they’re pissed off at the drivel you pump out in interviews too!

I have no idea why this clown keeps banging on about the takeover taking time and dragging on ... because currently it’s the endless timeframe that’s keeping him employed!

To me that quote reads as Karl angling for an exit due to uncertainty - he’ll walk that’s why the oxford odds are tumbling - isn’t he often seen in a pub in MK? He obv hasn’t moved so commuting to oxford won’t be a problem to him

• Plus where do we go with all of this, are we going to start protesting again?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!