Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited March 2018
    HarryLime said:

So who is actually running the club at the.

• HarryLime said:

So who is actually running the club at the moment?

They have got to go!
  • I have a good feeling that something is now very close.

He's behind you....

• HarryLime said:

So who is actually running the club at the moment?

Hate to say it but they've been replaced as well - New robin and knight costumes got designed a few games ago
    Would love to know where Robin gets his sniff from.
    Most of it from Belgium. Occasionally Hungary, Spain or Germany.
  • edited March 2018
    Solidgone said:

The sun might shine tomorrow...

Bet your bottom dollar
    That tomorrow
    There'll be sun!
  • Solidgone said:

Bet your bottom dollar
    That tomorrow
    There'll be sun!
    Nope - pissing down with rain here in the East Midlands!!
  • edited March 2018

Solidgone said:

Bet your bottom dollar
    That tomorrow
    There'll be sun!
    And nothing but rain in Manchester

Where is this so called Sun?
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:

Also raining in the south....might need some good news to brighten up the day!! :wink:
  • edited March 2018
    Following @oohaahmortimer's lead, I had a cheese-induced dream over the weekend that the takeover was being finalised today. For some reason I was summoned to the Valley to witness the consummation of this momentous event. Unfortunately the identity of our new owner(s) remained frustratingly elusive, as they appeared to be obscured by a haze... maybe it was just a mirage, induced by fatigue and too many dashed hopes.

Consistent with this, the official announcement (WIOTOS with Flaggy) was agreed by the parties to be "low key". Something along the lines of "Mr Duchatelet has transferred his shares in the club to new owners as of today. Further details are confidential at this moment but a further announcement will be made in the coming weeks."

As with all good dreams, elements from my childhood were thrown into the mix. In particular, my journey to the Valley was via Kinveachy Gardens, which hasn't been my route of choice since the early 80's. So maybe our new owner is ... Mark Hulyer.
  • edited March 2018
    Is that a Krafty cheese-induced hint that its deffo happening today?
  • Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I'm stuck in the middle of this CL thread with you.
  • Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I'm stuck in the middle of this CL thread with you.

Trying to make some sense of it all,
    But I can see that it makes no sense at all,
  • Anything happened in the last 18 or so pages?

I would love to dance to this and cut Roland duchatelet’s ear off.*

*This is a joke if anyone is reading this
  • edited March 2018
    PaddyP17 said:

Anything happened in the last 18 or so pages?

No. You probably have to go back about 50 pages to find anything of relevance and that’s only if you are a fan of Red Bull or Pot Noodles

I’m hoping its just a case of “the calm before the (go batshit crazy Roly has sold the club) storm”!
  • AshBurton said:

Following @oohaahmortimer's lead, I had a cheese-induced dream over the weekend that the takeover was being finalised today. For some reason I was summoned to the Valley to witness the consummation of this momentous event. Unfortunately the identity of our new owner(s) remained frustratingly elusive, as they appeared to be obscured by a haze... maybe it was just a mirage, induced by fatigue and too many dashed hopes.

Consistent with this, the official announcement (WIOTOS with Flaggy) was agreed by the parties to be "low key". Something along the lines of "Mr Duchatelet has transferred his shares in the club to new owners as of today. Further details are confidential at this moment but a further announcement will be made in the coming weeks."

As with all good dreams, elements from my childhood were thrown into the mix. In particular, my journey to the Valley was via Kinveachy Gardens, which hasn't been my route of choice since the early 80's. So maybe our new owner is ... Mark Hulyer.

Strongest rumour on this thread to be honest.
  • Sponsored links:

• FAVADDICK said:

So surely when Wednesday comes around we should get another statement as the 2 weeks will be up over to you again Murry !!!

RolandOutToday have suggested that the takeover speculation could just be to pacify protesters - I don't think we can totally rule out.
  • Ferryman said:

FAVADDICK said:

So surely when Wednesday comes around we should get another statement as the 2 weeks will be up over to you again Murry !!!

RolandOutToday have suggested that the takeover speculation could just be to pacify protesters - I don't think we can totally rule out.
    How on earth is that going to pacify protesters? It's just going to be 100 times worse if this turns out to be true!
  • Ferryman said:

FAVADDICK said:

How on earth is that going to pacify protesters? It's just going to be 100 times worse if this turns out to be true!
    Yes we can.

• The delay in announcing a successful buyer is disconcerting.

This is a business valued only in the tens of millions with what, 150-200 employees. If a price has been agreed with 2 parties then I would assume they have both completed sufficient due diligence. I would imagine RD's lawyers would have had a draft Sale & Purchase agreement to share with the prospective buyers' lawyers as soon as the price was agreed. In my experience you get the two sets of lawyers to burn the midnight oil working to thrash out the final SPA terms, relaying issues back to the buyer and seller management on a real time basis. So I wonder what terms and conditions are holding up completion? Or, do the buyers still need to finalise their financing of the deal, or are they waiting for the EFL to complete the fit and proper test?

Whatever, I am surprised that the club have managed fairly effectively to keep a lid on the name of the buyers.
  • Not really that disconcerting (but admittedly very dull and annoying as we want him gone), the reason behind the delay (I expect) is as was hinted initially..

There is little impetus for the buyer to be saddled with losses while they cant influence the trajectory of the club.

Certainly while as others have mentioned our final finishing position is up for question this might affect the value, but as also said that could be factored in to any price one would think?

Il Duché has tried (I also expect) to push things on by means of 'other bids' and 'possible completion dates' but has clearly failed (he's not very good at not doing failure as we have seen many times).

If we were in with a chance of promotion I'd be more frustrated, but that clearly isn't a serious proposition.
  • The delay in announcing a successful buyer is disconcerting.

This is a business valued only in the tens of millions with what, 150-200 employees. If a price has been agreed with 2 parties then I would assume they have both completed sufficient due diligence. I would imagine RD's lawyers would have had a draft Sale & Purchase agreement to share with the prospective buyers' lawyers as soon as the price was agreed. In my experience you get the two sets of lawyers to burn the midnight oil working to thrash out the final SPA terms, relaying issues back to the buyer and seller management on a real time basis. So I wonder what terms and conditions are holding up completion? Or, do the buyers still need to finalise their financing of the deal, or are they waiting for the EFL to complete the fit and proper test?

Whatever, I am surprised that the club have managed fairly effectively to keep a lid on the name of the buyers.

That is, if they exist!
  • razil said:

Not really that disconcerting (but admittedly very dull and annoying as we want him gone), the reason behind the delay (I expect) is as was hinted initially..

There is little impetus for the buyer to be saddled with losses while they cant influence the trajectory of the club.

Certainly while as others have mentioned our final finishing position is up for question this might affect the value, but as also said that could be factored in to any price one would think?

Il Duché has tried (I also expect) to push things on by means of 'other bids' and 'possible completion dates' but has clearly failed (he's not very good at not doing failure as we have seen many times).

If we were in with a chance of promotion I'd be more frustrated, but that clearly isn't a serious proposition.

That's a good point but just reinforces the feeling that they probably haven't got much about them in terms of finance.
  • ross1 said:

The delay in announcing a successful buyer is disconcerting.

That is, if they exist!
    And that is another good point!
  • razil said:

Not really that disconcerting (but admittedly very dull and annoying as we want him gone), the reason behind the delay (I expect) is as was hinted initially..

That's a good point but just reinforces the feeling that they probably haven't got much about them in terms of finance.
    Not necessarily could just be sound business people.

Additionally, they weren’t worried about the transfer window which could equally imply the opposite of your assertion.
  • Ferryman said:

FAVADDICK said:

Whag happened to your news last Friday then
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!