Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I know that Richard Murray hasn’t promised a date or even month but he has given the impression that a deal is all but done and will be concluded pretty soon.

If we don’t get a conclusion to this epic saga within a month of his latest update he really is going to look increasingly like a complete pillock.

Like Airman?
    Fair comment, but my information necessarily comes from clandestine sources. So it doesn't carry the same authority as three statements by a club director carried on the club's website and reported by mainstream media outlets. Despite that, I suspect RM doesn't have the full picture either - or if he does he hasn't shared it.

That's a bit of a problem for Henry's mantra, though. If Murray is wrong so is the official website.
    When the takeover is announced on the OS the takeover will be done.
  • What's happened to the bite size thread, have they given up all hope as well?
  • edited March 2018

I know that Richard Murray hasn’t promised a date or even month but he has given the impression that a deal is all but done and will be concluded pretty soon.

If we don’t get a conclusion to this epic saga within a month of his latest update he really is going to look increasingly like a complete pillock.

Like Airman?
    Fair comment, but my information necessarily comes from clandestine sources. So it doesn't carry the same authority as three statements by a club director carried on the club's website and reported by mainstream media outlets. Despite that, I suspect RM doesn't have the full picture either - or if he does he hasn't shared it.

That's a bit of a problem for Henry's mantra, though. If Murray is wrong so is the official website.
    In the same way that the official site said that Tony Jimenez owned much of the club, Henry?
  • I know that Richard Murray hasn’t promised a date or even month but he has given the impression that a deal is all but done and will be concluded pretty soon.

Like Airman?

In the same way that the official site said that Tony Jimenez owned much of the club, Henry?
    Details, there was a takeover.

Doesn't mean the six questions won't need answering.
  • The combination of takeover speculation and the odd carefully selected crumb from Murray has stopped the protests in their tracks.

Roland should give Mr Rubashow or whoever else has orchestrated a bonus.
  • I suppose that we can only console ourselves with the fact that he, like all of us, will eventually die.

Until then forget about the takeover - 'though winter's advancing, we'll stay young go dancing'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uBGqqsQmyc

Good to see another Death Cab fan. Whenever I mention them, I always feel like I have to add "...they're not a death-metal band."
    Let me know if they are ever playing live in London. I would come over especially for that.
  • 35 pages on here since the price was agreed.

I bet Duchatelet comes on here and has a right laugh.

Can everyone who comes on this thread from now on just post 'no comment' until the deal is done and dusted please?

No more waffle, no more speculation, no more desperation.

Just everybody nonchalently say 'no comment'
  • No comment
  • Who is Cutie and where does he want to go in a Death Cab?
  • Jesus Christ, I know this takeover thread has gone in weird directions but I never thought we'd get a Death Cab reference
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m ITK so no comment
  • edited March 2018
    All this Death Cab and no reference to the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band. Shocking
  • Can we have BexleyBoy back so all the speculation can end.
  • Fucking weird dream last night .

I was in a hotel on a South American island (not a real one I don’t think) and I caught Roly in his meeting on another table in a large conference type room in a not too flattering position with a brass putting lipstick on him.
    I took a sneaky photo and he clocked me and he discretely (although I knew he’d clocked me)got his security to follow me to the toilet and try and get my phone off me .
    I’d already forwarded it on to a mate and deleted it by the time they caught up with me ,so I played all innocent .
    I went back to my meeting , it was all with developers , lots of construction on this made up island , Don Goodman was putting a sales pitch to the 10 or so round my table and Rolys table had been the same sort of table , with 10-12(he was on a bed beside it with some lipstick on and a brass not really doing anything too bad just sort of beside him) or so around it had all gone .
    I was fuming I didn’t confront him .
    My plan was to meet him later and blackmail him that the photo would be deleted as soon as he sold , it was my way to speed up this fucking slow painful progress .
    I woke up before I could find the old goat .
    Proof if ever that this sale is never gonna take place or I have some sort of sinister crush on him or don goodman ffs

Can you share the photo on here?
  • Stig said:

Did someone mention today as being important?

Yes they certainly did:

bbob said:

International Womens Day

Tomorrow is National Crab Meat Day, so i wouldn't worry too much about it.
    Enjoy those crab sticks everybody!
    I am allergic to crabmeat.
    Seriously.

In that case 'Ocean Sticks' are your friend. So called, because of their limited crab content. I wonder what would happen if someone complained their wasn't enough sea water in their ocean sticks?
  • Sponsored links:

• Have your booked the appointment Al or are you doing Peterborough mate?
  • Daft old me, I am hoping for a resignation over the weekend from the manager which allows the new owners to be announced with their new manager. Of course I will be unlucky, but just the thought makes me happy.
  • After today, I suspect one or both of the buyers are wondering if they are off their rocker for getting themselves into a bidding war and maybe if it is time to back off a little.
  • Any truth that Gold and Sullivan are looking for a new club ;-)
  • Who will pay over the odds for our club now?.
  • Who was in the Director's Box today? Or is it more of a case of who's still there?

This is one sinking ship in which the rat is most definitely not departing.
  • This is never going to happen
  • Who was in the Director's Box today? Or is it more of a case of who's still there?

This is one sinking ship in which the rat is most definitely not departing.

oh wait was it an away game? probably same number of people in the director's box either way
  • Feck me.

Just home from a depressing experience in lovely ( ahem) Peterborough...

.....and Mr F's had to wrestle the kitchen knife out of my white knuckle grasp !

PLEASE ! Is there ANYONE out there who can inject a smidgen of positivity or optimism into this thread ?

Fanny is struggling to keep the faith.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!