Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• It’s been 40 pages since RM’s announcement that the price had been agreed with two parties and we are still no closer to a conclusion.

RD really is a piece of shit.

Is time now measured in pages?
  • JamesSeed said:

Don’t panic. The information must have come from Murray, so probably means nothing. It might have just been an aside which Karl has latched on to (successfully) deflect attention away from a poor performance.

Ok I’m clutching at straws here.

Anyway, the good news is there are plenty of July and August dates available in the prediction thread.

Statement from Murray required now.

He’ll only say what he thinks the fans want to hear. He’s just another cog in the bullshit brigade.

So true. We are rudderless, and heading into a storm.
  • Redhenry said:

This is still the case.

Redhenry
    March 1
    I have some clarity on the situation. Price had been agreed with two parties ie the price that will get the deal over the line. But neither party has met this.
    Flag Quote · 3Like 2LOL

What does this mean? Both parties understand the asking price but neither has agreed to It?
  • yes, as far as i know, got a couple of lols for saying at the time.
  • Redhenry said:

This is still the case. I haven't heard anything different.

Redhenry
    March 1
    I have some clarity on the situation. Price had been agreed with two parties ie the price that will get the deal over the line. But neither party has met this.
    Flag Quote · 3Like 2LOL

So what exactly are the lawyers doing then?
  • JamesSeed said:

Stig said:

Quite an amazing statement, and at the same time thoroughly depressing. We just have to find a way to up the ante. I think the ROT party is a great idea. I also think we need more protests here and in Belgium (he's had it too bloody easy this season), and how anyone can contemplate buying a season ticket is just beyond me. Not a penny more!

LenGlover said:

All the time Roland remains you could dress a pig in a Macron jacket and stick it in the technical area and it would do as good a managerial job as anyone else we could get. Managers don't get to manage under Roland.

The only thing Robinson COULD do is drop his shitty system. He won't though and, understandably from his perspective, is just hanging on for his pay off. The situation is win win for him. He's taken over a 'basket case' and competed for a while before it all went belly up. The wider game of football will judge him kindly and he should be employed again after us.

Won’t make any difference what formation we play. The players have lost all desire, and probably all self belief, it seems.

Robinson might be a poor manager, but he seems to be the only one at the club who gives a shit at the moment.
    Murray wants his money back, so is keeping quiet at a time when we need an interim leader.
    Who else is there who could give the club and supporters something positive to hang on to?
    We don’t even know whether to protest any more.

As you said, football will remember how we did well before injuries and sale talk ‘derailed out season’. But we never had the depth of squad to survive all but the most minor of blips. And Robinson didn’t have the flexibility to adapt to changing situations.
    Are you related to KR? Even now you're happy to trot out the same tired excuses.

The club has been in dire straits before and as I'm sure you are aware we're playing in L1 where most teams have issues and limited resources.

He's failed - not much else to say. If Karl was being honest he'd have to admit that.
    I agree he’s failed. He said some time ago if we don’t at least make the playoffs he will have failed. But we all know our problems go way deeper than having a dodgy manager.
    When they’re writing up the Duchâtelet years in the next history of Charlton, Robinson will be a footnote.
  • Redhenry said:

Redhenry
    March 1
    Flag Quote · 3Like 2LOL

no idea
  • IT_Andy said:

All very depressing. Just hope the takeover gets sorted before June because no decent manager is going join our club.
    If it drags on then RD isn’t going to pump new money into the transfers and sadly players will leave and poor quality players will join.
    Desperately need a new owner otherwise I only seeing us fighting relegation next season

If we are still part of the Duchatelet stable (probably where the steaming piles are shovelled) next season, the last thing we will be doing is fighting relegation....
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry
    March 1
    Flag Quote · 3Like 2LOL

no idea
    Earning a lot of money for doing next to nothing.
    seems inevitable when it comes to the game of football
  • JamesSeed said:

msomerton said:

You mean like 10 or more years away then. Have taken rumours of sale with a pinch of salt, and still do.
    Or ‘rumours’ such as statements from the club?

The problem is, until the sale is legally concluded, prospective buyers can pull out at any time.

And we are becoming a less attractive prospect with each passing week. Promotion looks out of reach now. Robinson has no idea how to turn it round on the pitch. So many posters on CL saying they are done with the club, whether we’re sold or not, posters sniping at each other more than ever, gates decreasing with each passing season, no consensus about protests, everyone looking for scapegoats.

It’s all looking immensely bleak.

I’ll be there on Saturday again, hopefully with my son, no doubt once again fuelled by my ridiculous groundless optimism which has dogged me my whole life.

And now I’ll sit and wait for the lols and the snide comments. Apologies for having tried to see the good in Robinson. Yes, you were right and I was wrong.
    you could always flip flop and go and support Millwall again ;-))

• Addickted said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry
    March 1
    Flag Quote · 3Like 2LOL

no idea
    Earning a lot of money for doing next to nothing.
    seems inevitable when it comes to lawyers the game of football
  • If it happens it happens - a lot of the people in the know don't seem to know as much as they think they do.

If the takeover doesn't go through by the summer then the club is completely f***ed.

I’ve liked this because you’re correct but not because I think anyone who claims to be ITK is being disingenuous.

The problem is that only one person is truly in the know and he’s about as predictable as a bouncy ball on a cobbled street.

Everyone’s running around after him trying to second guess where he’s going to land and hoping what they think or should happen, will happen.

Much like throwing a bouncy ball this is very much a game to him.
  • edited March 2018

JamesSeed said:

msomerton said:

You mean like 10 or more years away then. Have taken rumours of sale with a pinch of salt, and still do.

The problem is, until the sale is legally concluded, prospective buyers can pull out at any time.

And we are becoming a less attractive prospect with each passing week. Promotion looks out of reach now. Robinson has no idea how to turn it round on the pitch. So many posters on CL saying they are done with the club, whether we’re sold or not, posters sniping at each other more than ever, gates decreasing with each passing season, no consensus about protests, everyone looking for scapegoats.

I’ll be there on Saturday again, hopefully with my son, no doubt once again fuelled by my ridiculous groundless optimism which has dogged me my whole life.

And now I’ll sit and wait for the lols and the snide comments. Apologies for having tried to see the good in Robinson. Yes, you were right and I was wrong.

I've flipped, but I don't think I could flop.
    I didn't even intend to flip. It just happened dammit.
  • JamesSeed said:

msomerton said:

There's no going back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hold on Hold on---- this take over was never ever going to be done in a flash was it ? its Charlton and its RD to start and then theres the "agreed price" ---well thats not A PRICE its PRICES:
    -- All assets of CAFC and debts subject to us being in League ONE.
    -- All assets of CAFC and debts subject to us being in the Championship.
    -- The above two subject to leasehold or freehold of the Ground and Sparrows Lane and therefore price difference etc

So if Karl continues to perform and we are in League one then the sale will go through quicker than if we get in the play offs etc. If its League One then it will only be done when its mathematical that we cant get in the play offs.

All of the above has to be worked into a framework contract by lawyers and agreed by all parties --- thats formers directors as well.

Either way its weeks or months away.

I dont have ANY insider knowledge.

I’m puzzled.

If there is no prospect of a sale any time soon then I can’t quite understand why Roland hasn’t officially appointed even a temporary CEO and for that matter Chief Finance Officer. Someone is making the calls and we know it’s not Murray and Roland is not close enough to the problems to do the day to day stuff. I assume someone from Staprix is doing the role but why not make the appointment as acting CEO. Hard to see how a company can function even during a period of sale without someone everyone knows calling the shots.

Doesn’t quite fit with me in the sale is a long way off scenario.

We are talking about RD here... He's changing the face of football ownership and is proving clubs can be run just like an Avon round, with limited input 3 night per week
  • The pictures of Blackpool's ground last night is the future for us unless the takeover happens soon

• RD is a terrible owner for any club....

Dunno, I'd like to see him at Palace, they like a bit of dancing

• The pictures of Blackpool's ground last night is the future for us unless the takeover happens soon

The future? It's already here. The Valley is empty most weeks unless It's football for a fiver. Take a good look next time you go.

This.
  • Interesting that the club hasn't reported any of what Robin

Hold on Hold on---- this take over was never ever going to be done in a flash was it ? its Charlton and its RD to start and then theres the "agreed price" ---well thats not A PRICE its PRICES:
    -- All assets of CAFC and debts subject to us being in League ONE.
    -- All assets of CAFC and debts subject to us being in the Championship.
    -- The above two subject to leasehold or freehold of the Ground and Sparrows Lane and therefore price difference etc

So if Karl continues to perform and we are in League one then the sale will go through quicker than if we get in the play offs etc. If its League One then it will only be done when its mathematical that we cant get in the play offs.

All of the above has to be worked into a framework contract by lawyers and agreed by all parties --- thats formers directors as well.

Either way its weeks or months away.

I dont have ANY insider knowledge.

It does NOT have to be agreed with the former directors - that only comes into play if there are leases or if the buyer wants clean title.

The future? It's already here. The Valley is empty most weeks unless It's football for a fiver. Take a good look next time you go.
    You ain't see nothing yet.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!