Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Grumpy said:

I am now aware of who is favourite to be the new owner, and I cannot wait for it to happen. I will now continue to refuse any more of my money to the Belgian idiot, and I would support some return to making our anger obvious to him.
    Good days should follow, but with him in control who knows where his greed might take us. Making money is something he excels at, running a football club he will never understand, I feel privileged not to have to know him !

I am beginning to feel like the only person not ITK !
    No one is really in the know. Even Murray and Robinson aren't ITK. We've been fed scraps from lawyers and insiders, but even those scraps haven't yielded correct info because Roland seems to keep moving the cardigans goalposts.
  • Grumpy said:

Callum and Athletico, I am sworn to secrecy, but I can confirm that if it goes through everybody will be delighted with it. You should all be concentrating upon kicking Rolands ass, and doing anything that you can to hurt him. This is not fake news !

Isn't that Red Henrys post ? :smiley:

• Grumpy said:

Callum and Athletico, I am sworn to secrecy, but I can confirm that if it goes through everybody will be delighted with it. You should all be concentrating upon kicking Rolands ass, and doing anything that you can to hurt him. This is not fake news !

Grumps, dear friend .

If I give you a lick of one of my sought after humbugs, will you whisper sweetly in my ear ?

:blush:
    I can only offer a stroke of my long haired Valli..... ;)
  • So Robinson confirmed what I said last week. The players have basically stopped playing, because they are concerned about their futures.

“There’s been too many things hanging over the club for too long a time. So when something very small goes against you it sparks a negative mentality. You’ve got players in there whose contracts are up in the summer not knowing what’s going on, who’s going to be in charge. These are answers that I can’t give to players or their agents with six weeks to go in the season.

“This is a reality check. If I’ve got to get in trouble for saying it I don’t really care. It’s the truth.

“I’d love to build something properly but how can you build something when you don’t know what corner you’re turning. We’ve created quite a good mentality around the place but we need something to take us onto the next level now. Everybody is just waiting. How long can you keep waiting? People’s careers are going down the pan. It’s as simple as that.”

Just read this & I'm feeling murderous.....

It's YOUR job , Karl, to make sure your players do their jobs - forget about next week, or next season and concentrate on the job in hand ....WINNING GAMES, EARNING THEIR MONEY and GIVING THEIR ALL ! They're professional footballers, for feck's sake and this kind of situation goes with the territory ! How do you think the players reacted when they heard the announcement they would play their future home matches at Selhurst Park ? How do you think Lenny Lawrence dealt with their concerns etc ? You don't have a clue. And as far as I'm concerned, you soon won't have a job.

" Careers are going down the pan " ? More like YOUR career , pal. This kind of pathetic talk would never have entered the heads of genuine, honest managers like Curbs, SCP and yes,Parky. All the bleating & lame excuses in the world will do is increase the distance between you and the fans ....and maybe has already built a gulf between you and your players. Is that part of your problem ?

I'm afraid that's it for me. You've lost my support. And there's no going back.

One bleat too far....BAAAAAAA.
    Perfect post. Of course it's Robinson's job to get the players motivated for every game, to forget what is happening off the pitch and out of their control, just play well and win on it! All he does is bleat on to anyone who will listen about how hard they have it, and it's not my fault guv, no wonder the players have turned into the pathetic spineless bunch they sadly are today. If you are not up to it, then get the hell out of our club!!!
    This 100%. We all know the difficulties but he needs to focus on what he has control over - he could change formation for instance - as I have said before it may make no difference, but surely worth a try when our current formation doesn't work especially at home. That is all I ask of him - and I know that if you give some players excuses, they take them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Grumpy said:

Grumps, dear friend .

If I give you one of my sought after bumhugs, will you whisper sweetly in my ear ?

Counter offer
  • Robinson is a buck stops with me but..... merchant. He may have some points in what he says, but he is really incapable of genuinely taking the blame. He sort of takes it then mitigates it in his next sentence.

Much like the Jamie Carragher 'I was goaded but it was completely unacceptable and I take full responsibility' spiel , which very much sounds like you are not taking full responsibility.
  • At Robinson's press conferences no one ever asks him why he won't play two up top, and why his formation is so rigid. Or do they?
  • Has something just been deleted from this thread ? Either that or I’m going mad.
  • edited March 2018
    From NS

Charlton boss Karl Robinson wants takeover answers from Roland Duchatelet.

The unpopular Addicks owner spoke publicly about his desire to sell the club in December. Despite agreeing a price with two parties for a takeover last month, nothing has materialised.

And just like the fans, who have been frustrated by the continual delays, Robinson wants the deal completed as soon as possible.

He said: “We gave an update the other day - it’s not as close as we were led to believe. But again, I spoke to everyone on Monday, Tuesday night and will do so again today.

“I’m sort of the shield in some ways. It needs to be resolved. If anyone’s got any questions, they need to speak to the owner at the end of the day. It’s got to come from that level.

“None of us can tell you the truth. Someone’s got to get in contact and ask the question. You need an official line of where the club is at, fans, players and staff deserve it.

“That will be a lot fairer on everyone else if there was an update from the horse’s mouth in some ways. So that would be my tip of the day.”

Charlton director Richard Murray has given fans takeover updates throughout the season.

He claimed a deal was “a few weeks away” from being done last month - and with the latest delays - the former Addicks chairman has been criticised by supporters.

On the pitch, Charlton’s poor form hasn't helped either, they have won just five league games since October.

Robinson added: “Richard is away. Richard is someone who was in charge for many years and loved it.

“He’s still down as an acting director. It’s not down to Richard to speak to you, it’s not fair on him, he’s done it out of his loyalty to this football club.

“He’s been criticised because of it because the timescale wasn't what he said. He was only saying what he was told. I keep saying, whoever is going to buy it, it’s a great club.

“Everything is cleaner now than what it was when I first walked in. We can all walk away and look back and say the club is in a good place to move forward. It’s not now with all the uncertainty, but the players are positive and the fans are just waiting for the news.

“The fans have been very respectful since I’ve been here. I don't recall them getting involved in a negative way.

“No player can say any fan has been a negative influence on the pitch. We’ve been our own negative influence on the pitch. We just want it [the takeover] resolved for everyone.”
  • Has something just been deleted from this thread ? Either that or I’m going mad.

There is a ghost in the machine.

If you ever see a post from WRICURKINCAM walk away and pretend you didn't. Only madness lies ahead.
  • edited March 2018
    Think it’s fairly obvious that the ongoing sale of the club is just as much a problem to the playing side of the club as it is to us supporters. Go for it Karl. Give Duchatelet a call and get some answers.
  • From SLP

Robinson revealed after defeat at Bloomfield Road that takeover talks could not be resolved until the end of the season – or even later than that.

Asked if it has encroached upon the team trying to achieve their targets, he replied: “It doesn’t have any impact when the whistle goes.

“But I have got players with a year left on their contract, ones who are out of contract, players who might be sold or might not be sold. It’s an uncertain stage of your life. As much as that doesn’t bother you when the whistle goes, it can leave you worrying about next year.

“It’s now got to a stage where something has to be said. Because I can’t just keep saying we’ll be alright, we’ll be alright. This is very difficult for the fans, players and the club’s employees as well.

“The new people will come in and give it fresh air. They’ll change things – they have a right to do that. We have a cleaner wagebill, a cleaner group of players – a better foundation to move forward now.

“This is not about me anymore. This is about being as honest as I can with people. It is a predicament where I have got to say what I think now. We have stabilised it very well for 18 months. CARD have been very respectful in terms of nothing happening with protests, I think they’ve seen they are trying to be kept updated.

“Hopefully there will be resolution. In the meantime we will be fighting like hell to win games, that never changes. What happens on from a a Friday to Saturday night should have no relevance to people playing.”
  • Sponsored links:

• JWADDICK said:

Grumpy said:

Grumps, dear friend .

If I give you one of my sought after bumhugs, will you whisper sweetly in my ear ?

Counter offer
    I’ll give you two humbugs and three wine gums. If I have to, I’ll go to 14 chips
  • Grumpy said:

Grumps, dear friend .

If I give you a lick of one of my sought after humbugs, will you whisper sweetly in my ear ?

Offer hot pants too that may be enough to persuade him!

• From SLP

Robinson revealed after defeat at Bloomfield Road that takeover talks could not be resolved until the end of the season – or even later than that.

Asked if it has encroached upon the team trying to achieve their targets, he replied: “It doesn’t have any impact when the whistle goes.

“But I have got players with a year left on their contract, ones who are out of contract, players who might be sold or might not be sold. It’s an uncertain stage of your life. As much as that doesn’t bother you when the whistle goes, it can leave you worrying about next year.

“It’s now got to a stage where something has to be said. Because I can’t just keep saying we’ll be alright, we’ll be alright. This is very difficult for the fans, players and the club’s employees as well.

“The new people will come in and give it fresh air. They’ll change things – they have a right to do that. We have a cleaner wagebill, a cleaner group of players – a better foundation to move forward now.

“This is not about me anymore. This is about being as honest as I can with people. It is a predicament where I have got to say what I think now. We have stabilised it very well for 18 months. CARD have been very respectful in terms of nothing happening with protests, I think they’ve seen they are trying to be kept updated.

“Hopefully there will be resolution. In the meantime we will be fighting like hell to win games, that never changes. What happens on from a a Friday to Saturday night should have no relevance to people playing.”

They meant 'might not'
  • cafckev said:

Grumpy said:

Grumps, dear friend .

Offer hot pants too that may be enough to persuade him!

Ok, If I must xx ;)
  • Do lederhosen count?

Just in case the German rumours are true.

@ShootersHillGuru - Think you mean the Ackworth phone screenshot.... curious. Probably fake news and pure speculation by him but with an element of logic.
  • edited March 2018
    In these difficult times with uncertainty of the takeover looming large, we should all take comfort in the wise words of Wilson Phillips:
    "Don't you know? Don't you know things can change. Things'll go your way. If you hold on for one more day."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbXvaE39wM
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!