Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited March 2018
    Listen up, dear friends.

Something has started that old familiar Fanny tingle......

Mr F loves his music & has just switched on for the day ( oooer missus !)

The first record to play , by that well known group, Love Affair , was .......

RAINBOW VALLEY !!!!!!

It's a sign, I tell ye !!!!!
  • I hope that the interested parties don't include Russians!

At least they have the means of getting rid of a shit manager without worrying about pay offs :wink:

• I still wish we'd had appointed the Ujpest dude after Fraeye. That really would have been something else to see.

Nobby vinegar for all us vinegar pissers.

I actually think Roland floated that idea as a joke and Katrien flipped about it.
    Does Duchatelet joke?
    He’s the latest in a long line of Belgian surrealists - he doesn’t mean to be though, he just is

Je ne suis pas le propriétaire de ce club de foolball

If only!!!
  • I think Robbo means well when he talks. I just don’t think his head is as articulate as his mouth try’s to be. We often then get contradictory statements and gobbledygook. Genuinely believe he means well and is trying his best under what must be difficult circumstances.

Whole saga needs a conclusion very soon though.

Completely agree. I think he's in a position that's outside of his job description (re the takeover issues and some of the stuff he spouts). Obviously the stuff he says about the team's (lack of) performance rambles on, and on, and on....
  • Croydon said:

Listen up, dear friends.

RAINBOW VALLEY !!!!!!

You're just excited because @Grumpy is going to lick your humbug
    If its true what women say about men he won't find her Humbug :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018
    Surely it is Murray who should step forward and say something more about the state of the Takeover now that Robinson has dropped that bombshell? His last two comments have been woefully inaccurate and I do not want to believe he deliberately mislead us to keep us quiet. I think I read somewhere that he is away at the moment but I sincerely hope that when he returns he will (can) provide a clearer picture to us all - after first speaking to Duchatelet.
    I, for one, can do without my hopes being raised by him only to see them dashed each time. We all know the club is in a mess but this new fiasco over the timing of the Takeover is almost unbearable.
    Charlton is unrecognisable from the club I have supported all my life and this deeply saddens me.
  • Never thought I'd say this but I'm so fed up with everything Charlton at the minute, from the scumbag owner, the clueless and out-of-depth manager to the couldn't give a toss players. Giving serious consideration to going to Bromley on Saturday (FA Trophy semi-final). At least the players of both sides (hopefully) will be giving their all.
  • RM only tells us what RD tells him to say , if it's bullshit it's RD we should be asking for a statement now not RM
  • edited March 2018

RM only tells us what RD tells him to say , if it's bullshit it's RD we should be asking for a statement now not RM

And what exactly is our line of communication with Duchatelet?

• In giving it a miss Saturday and for me that's massive!!
  • Listen up, dear friends.

RAINBOW VALLEY !!!!!!

Jaysus Mary & Joseph, don't be telling me it's Elton John for feck sake!!!!!!!!
  • edited March 2018
    i was never in the robinson out camp until after these 2 results and his last couple of interviews. cant help myself but im starting to think the guys an utter prick? dross football, wank statements, ive just about had enough 9f his bollocks. im now of the opinion of when/if the takeover happens i do think a fresh approach and start is required now.
  • JamesSeed said:

The pictures of Blackpool's ground last night is the future for us unless the takeover happens soon

The future? It's already here. The Valley is empty most weeks unless It's football for a fiver. Take a good look next time you go.
    You ain't see nothing yet.
    Sadly James, I think you’re right.
  • addick05 said:

Never thought I'd say this but I'm so fed up with everything Charlton at the minute, from the scumbag owner, the clueless and out-of-depth manager to the couldn't give a toss players. Giving serious consideration to going to Bromley on Saturday (FA Trophy semi-final). At least the players of both sides (hopefully) will be giving their all.</
    See you there

• Sponsored links:

• Has anyone ITK been able to confirm that it has stalled because of the excessive price RD is demanding for the club?
  • edited March 2018

Has anyone ITK been able to confirm that it has stalled because of the excessive price RD is demanding for the club?

If the price had been agreed with 2 parties then that is not the case.

Apparently only one of the two remains, I am therefore left questioning whether they are now threatening to also pull out over Roland's delay tactics... Maybe another party is sniffing around and RD wants to know what they might offer?

Pure conjecture, but there's a risk that could end up being accurate.
  • Has anyone ITK been able to confirm that it has stalled because of the excessive price RD is demanding for the club?

well Redhenry said that the two parties know what price RD wants but they are not willing to match it yet. so I guess its a waiting game to see if a compromise can be made. RD by the sounds of it has already pissed one previous party off (Scottish lot) as they couldn't bring RD down to a realistic figure.

well Redhenry said that the two parties know what price RD wants but they are not willing to match it yet. so I guess its a waiting game to see if a compromise can be made. RD by the sounds of it has already pissed one previous party off (Scottish lot) as they couldn't bring RD down to a realistic figure.
    Yet RM said they had both agreed on the price and it was down to the lawyers to finalise.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Has anyone ITK been able to confirm that it has stalled because of the excessive price RD is demanding for the club?

Yet RM said they had both agreed on the price and it was down to the lawyers to finalise.
    Suspect its all about the sell-on agreements - Gomez, Gudmunsson, Pope have all exceeded career expectations and will almost certainly complicate the negotiations as to what happens to any sell on amounts.
  • cafc-west said:

Dazzler21 said:

Suspect its all about the sell-on agreements - Gomez, Gudmunsson, Pope have all exceeded career expectations and will almost certainly complicate the negotiations as to what happens to any sell on amounts.
    I disagree on Gomez, but agree Pope and Gudmundsson have adapted better than expected.
  • Dazzler21 said:

yeah. problem is i dont know who's got the right information? should In theory be Murray as he's closer but I'm not sure I can trust him after all that's gone on. was he just saying that to get the fans to simmer down a bit instead of making matters worse that RD is being stubborn and unrealistic with his evaluation of the club. which then causes fans to think it could all fall through because of those reasons and we end up stuck him for a lot longer than we thought at the beginning of the for sale rumours.

unless of course its what @cafc-west and its become complicated in the areas such a sell ons
  • edited March 2018
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletics-takeover-delay-is-preventing-transfer-plans-and-contract-talks-kicking-off/

We were told it [the takeover] was going to be happening in January and we couldn’t do anything because no one knew what was going on. We can’t afford a summer like that.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!