Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited October 2017

If VOTV says it's close then it's close. It won't be the messengers fault if any deal collapses.

Fingers crossed it doesn't.

Both good points.

I've skipped over some pages so sorry if the role has already been taken, but I'll play wet blanket and say there are probably still a lot of reasons that talks could still break down. Back in the spring the Aussie group were still looking for investors and I imagine there's still a possibility that they might not have the cash. Plus Roland could change his mind once he knows they have the money and up the price.

Lastly, we don't really know what to expect with this group given they're a new consortium. Having a former footballer or former executive doesn't automatically make them good, or mean they know what they're doing, or that they have the funds to do it.

I'm treating this with cautious optimism.
  • I just hope that if this does turn out to be true, the buyer has the cash to back up good intentions. Remember Mark Hulyer?
  • Sage said:

Goodbye 14 chips, G'Day barbecue! :smiley:

• RedChaser said:

Beardface said:

Bit harsh on blackpool72, Beardy :wink:
    Haha nothing personal @blackpool72 this is purely reserved for RD and his band of merry idiots.
  • Valley11 said:

We don't half attract random owners. A Belgian electronics mogul and now the Aussie Walmart King.
    A mega rich middle eastern fella would fine

Remember this fact
    We are Charlton Athletic
    We do things a little differently than others
  • cafcwill said:

Valley11 said:

We don't half attract random owners. A Belgian electronics mogul and now the Aussie Walmart King.

Remember this fact
    We are Charlton Athletic
    We do things a little differently than others
    What tune is this to Will? I've tried the one we chanted at Fulham in the cup nearly six years ago but it doesn't quite span. The third line needs some work on it mate :wink:
  • SDAddick said:

Sage said:

Goodbye 14 chips, G'Day barbecue! :smiley:

Much better, thanks :wink:
  • Really hope this is true, please God.
  • Beardface said:

RedChaser said:

Beardface said:

Bit harsh on blackpool72, Beardy :wink:
    Haha nothing personal @blackpool72 this is purely reserved for RD and his band of merry idiots.
    You are forgiven.
    A pint of lager will help me recover :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

• Is this really happening? Or is it like the last time it was happening? Or maybe the time before that? Don't hold your breath.

Really hope this is true, please God.

Ironic sentence of the year!
  • Whoa, steady on! The time to celebrate is when Roland sells up, not when there is yet another rumour
  • cabbles said:

it must be happening, katrien finally replied to me earlier

To: the best moderator
    Sent: 17.04pm 19th October 2017

My darling Cabbles,

Let me first start by saying that although I have stayed silent all this time and you haven't received one single response from me, please be rest assured that I have thought of little else during my time as CEO of Charlton. I remember receiving your first email inviting Roland and I to that award winning Thai restaurant. I so wanted to go. I love Thai and hear Peckham is really upmarket compared to how it used to be. Unfortunately Roland does not share our love of Thai and does not do well with spicy food.

I was also all for the film rolling with Roland. Michael Douglas was a great choice and I was furious with his agent for not coming back to you. The club would've fully cooperated and Roland would've made himself available for filming an away game on the dj coach. It would've been pretty special to have done both the Huddersfield and Hull trips in succession during Jan 2016. The coach sounds like so much fun. All gathering at anchor and hope lane at 8am for a long trip north. I would've enjoyed meeting your uncle, this 31 year man. From how you describe him he sounds like a loser, with his book on the railways and his pariah status on the coach, but a loveable loser all the same

You have to understand that it was also very hard for me to respond by email because I was so busy working on strategic initiatives like the fan's sofa and latterly, afternoon tea versus Peterborough. I was taken aback at how popular the sofa was on the final home game of the 15/16 season against Burnley, when all the fans were stampeding to get a piece of it, much like they were back in the 80s and getting some turf after our final game at the valley. It was at that point I knew the bond between us and the fans was at its strongest

Do you remember Preston at home that season during the night when we lost 3-0 and played 7 left backs, oh what pioneers we are. It was oh so special. Roland's emails to Chris Powell, thomas driesen's team based on him winning FIFA.

But now sadly it has come to end. But the end of my time as CEO is the start of our time together. I can still be involved in the club vicariously through you as this position you have on here as moderator. I will support you 100% in this role as I know it hasn't been easy for you recently. You've been disrespected and your username misappropriated but the others mean nothing to you now you've finally got me.

yours forever,

Waffle

• Sponsored links:

• Hope they don't appoint Harry Kewell as manager! !!
  • I believe it when it's official
  • Bloody typical, I'm about to go on holiday and this all comes up now.

Even their exit is timed to annoy me :smile:
  • cabbles said:

it must be happening, katrien finally replied to me earlier

To: the best moderator
    Sent: 17.04pm 19th October 2017

My darling Cabbles,

Let me first start by saying that although I have stayed silent all this time and you haven't received one single response from me, please be rest assured that I have thought of little else during my time as CEO of Charlton. I remember receiving your first email inviting Roland and I to that award winning Thai restaurant. I so wanted to go. I love Thai and hear Peckham is really upmarket compared to how it used to be. Unfortunately Roland does not share our love of Thai and does not do well with spicy food.

I was also all for the film rolling with Roland. Michael Douglas was a great choice and I was furious with his agent for not coming back to you. The club would've fully cooperated and Roland would've made himself available for filming an away game on the dj coach. It would've been pretty special to have done both the Huddersfield and Hull trips in succession during Jan 2016. The coach sounds like so much fun. All gathering at anchor and hope lane at 8am for a long trip north. I would've enjoyed meeting your uncle, this 31 year man. From how you describe him he sounds like a loser, with his book on the railways and his pariah status on the coach, but a loveable loser all the same

You have to understand that it was also very hard for me to respond by email because I was so busy working on strategic initiatives like the fan's sofa and latterly, afternoon tea versus Peterborough. I was taken aback at how popular the sofa was on the final home game of the 15/16 season against Burnley, when all the fans were stampeding to get a piece of it, much like they were back in the 80s and getting some turf after our final game at the valley. It was at that point I knew the bond between us and the fans was at its strongest

Do you remember Preston at home that season during the night when we lost 3-0 and played 7 left backs, oh what pioneers we are. It was oh so special. Roland's emails to Chris Powell, thomas driesen's team based on him winning FIFA.

But now sadly it has come to end. But the end of my time as CEO is the start of our time together. I can still be involved in the club vicariously through you as this position you have on here as moderator. I will support you 100% in this role as I know it hasn't been easy for you recently. You've been disrespected and your username misappropriated but the others mean nothing to you now you've finally got me.

yours forever,

Waffle

I was chuckling silently to myself until I read
    'Yours forever,
    Waffle'

Then the guffaw escaped
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!