Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Jon_CAFC_ said:

This is going to be a day of frustration, can anyone in CARD confirm if plans are still being made for next Monday

I hope no plans are being made after what we witnessed on Saturday the whole feel of the supporters and players being united behind Bowyer and Jacko

Fuck RD fuck the sale of the club based on deadlines set by fans with regards to its completion date no one knows the date it will happen and let’s be honest even if it will happen

Right now protests And negativity around the ground will not help regardless of how many times I read we don’t lose on protest days it will detract the attention of the players and be mentioned by people all the way up to kick off

just carry on now into the next 3-4 games to give us a proper chance to get in the playoffs all focus should be based on the team the mgmt and the playing staff not the ownership or ridiculous deal done by X date

We talk about moving forward and moving on we need to get over ourselves and really just work on bringing the Charlton feeling back to the stands , I felt it on Saturday it was there no protests no balls on the pitch no anti RD songs just a group of players and a mgmt team playing for us

If protests happen on Easter Monday then they are for the wrong reasons

This.

Although I was going to throw Cadbury’s cream eggs at the directors box.
    Since they changed the ingredients the only place for them is the bin

• Maybe old Roland putting out story of Aussies deal done to get others to close deal. Aussies been around for a year, suddenly Andrew Muir is involved? For how much? Who else is investing?
    Lots of bluff and double bluff going on here I would assume.
    WIOTOS

There is a substantial backstory to Andrew Muir’s involvement, which dates back to last summer. The durability of that - even if you think it’s not true - is evidenced by the cover of VOTV136 last August.

There hasn’t been any significant rumour about the identity of the “second” group other than Murray telling staff it was British. If you’re going to point to the public insubstantiality of the Aussie group, this is much more true of the other one.
    If the second group is British, where do the Saudis fit into all of this? Are the British group, British based Saudis or backed by them?
    The Saudis were a wild card which is what threw things off-balance in February. They were never part of the equation when Murray was talking in January about two groups and a February conclusion and their intervention is what caused the delay.

In the last week we've had the Daily Mirror, The Sun, the Evening Standard, the SLP all talking about the Australians, specifically around Kewell, which has never happened before. It's come, to my understanding, from Robinson, the Saudi end and Paul Elliott, any of which you may choose to regard as reliable or unreliable as suits. The Saudi stuff has multiple sources.
    Thanks, this takeover saga has taken a number of surprising twists, strange for a third group to arrive at such a late stage. And for so little to be known about them - I don't recall seeing any specific names, or middle eastern people in the directors box for example.

It also makes it easier to understand why Murray thought the deal would be done by the end of February, it's sadly understandable that the prospect of a 3rd bidder (presumably willing to pay a higher price) would delay things.
  • Jon_CAFC_ said:

This is going to be a day of frustration, can anyone in CARD confirm if plans are still being made for next Monday

I hope no plans are being made after what we witnessed on Saturday the whole feel of the supporters and players being united behind Bowyer and Jacko

Fuck RD fuck the sale of the club based on deadlines set by fans with regards to its completion date no one knows the date it will happen and let’s be honest even if it will happen

Right now protests And negativity around the ground will not help regardless of how many times I read we don’t lose on protest days it will detract the attention of the players and be mentioned by people all the way up to kick off

just carry on now into the next 3-4 games to give us a proper chance to get in the playoffs all focus should be based on the team the mgmt and the playing staff not the ownership or ridiculous deal done by X date

We talk about moving forward and moving on we need to get over ourselves and really just work on bringing the Charlton feeling back to the stands , I felt it on Saturday it was there no protests no balls on the pitch no anti RD songs just a group of players and a mgmt team playing for us

This.

Knowing the luck of a Charlton fan it'll be a white one you throw and Richard Murray will claim his £1000 prize.....
  • Jon_CAFC_ said:

This.

you can throw them my way instead if you like
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018
    CARD will recognise that a protest, after the way the team played for Bowyer, would not be fully supported. They are sensible & Airman has already said as much.
  • I felt after the Blackpool game the protests should be started again and I think there still is some merit in doing this in Belgium and not on a matchday.

Agreed with others, protests at The Valley could do more harm than good with a few six pointers coming up there could be a new manager bounce for us to benefit from and protests at The Valley could detract away from this - plus we don't always win games when we protest.
  • Whilst I echo the sentiments of others above regarding protests, I would hope that some kind of symbolic gesture to show that we have not changed our stance could be made - press release in Belgian media/something in his hometown akin to the billboard - doesn't necessarily need to be in the ground where it could impact the team does it? (this is based on the assumption we hear no more regarding the takeover by then)
  • Chants of support the team not the regime would offer that wouldn't they?
  • Whilst I echo the sentiments of others above regarding protests, I would hope that some kind of symbolic gesture to show that we have not changed our stance could be made - press release in Belgian media/something in his hometown akin to the billboard - doesn't necessarily need to be in the ground where it could impact the team does it? (this is based on the assumption we hear no more regarding the takeover by then)

Of course we won’t hear more by then,

Murray’s quotes were largely prompted by cards threat of protest. We’ve a slim chance of making the playoffs, despite a dead cat bounce.

We’re now adopting a wait and see approach, it’s exactly what they want don’t rock the boat on the off chance of a slither of hope of 6th place - keep us all quiet
  • Jon_CAFC_ said:

Whilst I echo the sentiments of others above regarding protests, I would hope that some kind of symbolic gesture to show that we have not changed our stance could be made - press release in Belgian media/something in his hometown akin to the billboard - doesn't necessarily need to be in the ground where it could impact the team does it? (this is based on the assumption we hear no more regarding the takeover by then)

Murray’s quotes were largely prompted by cards threat of protest. We’ve a slim chance of making the playoffs, despite a dead cat bounce.

We’re now adopting a wait and see approach, it’s exactly what they want don’t rock the boat on the off chance of a slither of hope of 6th place - keep us all quiet
    Even as a pessimist we have move than a slim chance, if we win our game in hand we are in the playoffs and the teams above us aren't in great form
  • Exactly what who wants?

There is no who all there is, is an old fucking idiot who is selling us because he doesn’t want to play any more

If we are talking about what who wants read the posts above The Who we should care about is the fans who want to just try and see if the positives shown on Saturday can be taken into the next 4-6 games
  • Jon_CAFC_ said:

Whilst I echo the sentiments of others above regarding protests, I would hope that some kind of symbolic gesture to show that we have not changed our stance could be made - press release in Belgian media/something in his hometown akin to the billboard - doesn't necessarily need to be in the ground where it could impact the team does it? (this is based on the assumption we hear no more regarding the takeover by then)

Even as a pessimist we have move than a slim chance, if we win our game in hand we are in the playoffs and the teams above us aren't in great form
    I've always thought we had a chance, even under Tarbuck.

Now there has been a change of manager that chance has grown considerably.

Still have to win 6 or 7 games to make the play-offs and that won't be easy but we have Konsa, Magennis and Mavididi back in the squad which is some bench.

Facts prove that protests DON'T negatively affect the team and neither does singing "we want Roland out" between backing the players and manager.

• Sponsored links:

• Playing devils advocate for a second.... does that mean if we lose the next 2/3 games protests then come back on the agenda...? I think it's important we don't lose sight of what the protests are trying to achieve - making Roland's life uncomfortable.

Surely if the players think we will only protest when they lose that puts MORE pressure on them?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Chants of support the team not the regime would offer that wouldn't they?

All well and good chanting that, but last time I was at the ground and heard one of those chants it was interrupted by some people giving dogs abuse to our own player for misplacing a pass!
  • Playing devils advocate for a second.... does that mean if we lose the next 2/3 games protests then come back on the agenda...? I think it's important we don't lose sight of what the protests are trying to achieve - making Roland's life uncomfortable.

Surely if the players think we will only protest when they lose that puts MORE pressure on them?

but I don't see how protests in the UK make his life uncomfortable at all. I doubt he now would even be aware they happened.

please see my previous comment - I am of the belief we should focus on Belgium. Also I did qualify my point by saying I was playing devils advocate - I don't know the right course of action at all - but I trust the good folks of CARD to be having these kind of discussions and will come to a conclusion that we can all get behind.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!