Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited April 2018
    kentred2 said:

Problem is Duchatelet is not under any pressure to sell (he is wealthy, about 10000 still go to support his team, there are no protests) , so can hold out for as long as he likes to get the deal he wants re the land possibly, the debt, future transfers etc. All of which is making the position worse for any new owner and CAFC.

There's a logical problem between people arguing that Duchatelet is holding out for the best possible deal, demanding extras, hoping for promotion, etc, and this argument that he is under no immediate pressure, when the immediate situation is mounting losses. He may well have constructed a deal that rewards him for the sale of current players, but the debt goes on rising every month that passes. He can't be both anxious to screw every last penny out of the club AND oblivious to fact that time is money, can he?

It's been suggested to me that one reason for the recent hold-up is that RD is absolutely paranoid about PV being somewhere in the mix. That ties up with what one of his former employees was saying a year ago, but it's just one more story swirling around.
  • Why would RD be so worried about PV being involved? I can understand RM being worried as that would see an end to his seat at the top table.

I would be supprised if RD knows who PV is outside of what RM would have told him.

I doubt RD gives a toss who he sells us too, as long as he gets his dough.
  • He will hold out until he knows what league we are in next season. If we get promoted don't be surprised to hear that he is not selling and he thinks he is a success and one step away from the Premiership.

If we have 15,000 plus next week against Blackburn and take 30,000 to Wembley the guy will be laughing his head off at us.

Fickle fans who protest one week and flock in their thousands the next.

Fuck him.

#notapennymore

Don't be silly mike we will do a Blackpool and take less than 5000 to Wembley.
    Hats off to you staying away
  • kentred2 said:

Problem is Duchatelet is not under any pressure to sell (he is wealthy, about 10000 still go to support his team, there are no protests) , so can hold out for as long as he likes to get the deal he wants re the land possibly, the debt, future transfers etc. All of which is making the position worse for any new owner and CAFC.

There's a logical problem between people arguing that Duchatelet is holding out for the best possible deal, demanding extras, hoping for promotion, etc, and this argument that he is under no immediate pressure, when the immediate situation is mounting losses. He may well have constructed a deal that rewards him for the sale of current players, but the debt goes on rising every month that passes. He can't be both anxious to screw every last penny out of the club AND oblivious to fact that time is money, can he?

It's been suggested to me that one reason for the recent hold-up is that RD is absolutely paranoid about PV being somewhere in the mix. That ties up with what one of his former employees was saying a year ago, but it's just one more story swirling around.
    Can't see the PV thing.

If anything, I think he'd be more inclined to sell the loss making club he ruined to someone he can't stand.
    I agree with the above though. RD has no reason for beef with PV.
  • Didn't PV threaten his beloved Kat with legal action at one stage though? I can believe that
  • kentred2 said:

Why would he be so bothered about Varney? Or is that Murray's influence / worry?
    He was forced to watch On the Buses when he was young, and hates anything to do with it
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Why would RD be so worried about PV being involved? I can understand RM being worried as that would see an end to his seat at the top table.

I would be supprised if RD knows who PV is outside of what RM would have told him.

I doubt RD gives a toss who he sells us too, as long as he gets his dough.

Perhaps Roland wants a share of future billboard advertising revenues.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018

kentred2 said:

Can't see the PV thing.

If anything, I think he'd be more inclined to sell the loss making club he ruined to someone he can't stand.
    I agree with the above though. RD has no reason for beef with PV.
    I’m not sure reason comes into it. If you’ve seen the ROT discussion with RD from last year it’s clear RD has some wild views about Varney and of course RM has his own agenda and reasons for reinforcing them.

To my knowledge PV has not been involved in any recent interest, but that doesn’t mean they won’t worry that he is.

I don’t know the truth of it, but the source of this is someone who doesn’t know anything about the history but is close to what is going on.
  • I think the uncertaincy of the financial benefit of Wembley is the hold up. You can factor in a price for L1 or promotion but Wembley success and Wembley failure is harder to cost. June sale.
  • Roly's after a percentage on the half n half scarf sales. ;)
  • kentred2 said:

It's been suggested to me that one reason for the recent hold-up is that RM is absolutely paranoid about PV being somewhere in the mix. That ties up with what one of his former employees was saying a year ago, but it's just one more story swirling around.
    Fixed for you

Murray has been the blocker on this deal all along not RD I have been saying it for months now

To be fair, NLA, it’s not his deal to block. Even if he’s influencing RD and trying to manipulate an outcome he wants, it’s only because RD is allowing him to do so. What power can he exert?
  • He will hold out until he knows what league we are in next season. If we get promoted don't be surprised to hear that he is not selling and he thinks he is a success and one step away from the Premiership.

If we have 15,000 plus next week against Blackburn and take 30,000 to Wembley the guy will be laughing his head off at us.

Fuck him.

#notapennymore

I'm with you all the way on this but I will buckle and go to Wembley.
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

Reams also saying it's gonna happen next week now. British consortium.

Racehorse owners apparently!!!
    Take no notice of anything he says.
    It was a 'tongue in cheek' comment J; just in case you hadn't realised.
  • edited April 2018

Reams also saying it's gonna happen next week now. British consortium.

Racehorse owners apparently!!!
    Lots of Saudi racehorse owners FYI.

I think reams knows he has no future with the club and (forgive the pun) has backed the wrong horse. History will remember him very unkindly. I can’t see the club continuing to invite him when every comment about this site he makes is laced with overt homophobia and transphobia when the club are working closer and closer with the lgbt valiants
  • clb74 said:

He will hold out until he knows what league we are in next season. If we get promoted don't be surprised to hear that he is not selling and he thinks he is a success and one step away from the Premiership.

Fuck him.

#notapennymore

You keep trying to fob me off with your season ticket and get me to come back.

Fuck him.

#notapennymore

Surely he doesn't get money out of that does he?
  • clb74 said:

He will hold out until he knows what league we are in next season. If we get promoted don't be surprised to hear that he is not selling and he thinks he is a success and one step away from the Premiership.

Fuck him.

#notapennymore

If only, they stayed away from Wembley in their thousands.
  • cfgs said:

Fuck him.

#notapennymore

Certain we do but do not know the %
  • cfgs said:

Fuck him.

#notapennymore

:(
  • SDAddick said:

btrain88 said:

I've been hiking the inca trail to Machu Picchu for the last 4 days and was hoping this would all be over by the time i was finished... the circus goes on

1) that sounds awesome
    2) does altitude make you delusional? This. Will. Never. End.
    One can only hope.

It was fantastic. Well worth it if you ever make it to Peru.
  • I think the uncertaincy of the financial benefit of Wembley is the hold up. You can factor in a price for L1 or promotion but Wembley success and Wembley failure is harder to cost. June sale.

Said it for ages, June 15
  • cfgs said:

cfgs said:

Fuck him.

#notapennymore

:(
    https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/sky-bet-play-offs/playoff-rules--regulations/

6.3.1 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be paid into the Pool Account referred to in Article 65;

6.3.2 the remaining 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be divided equally between the two Clubs taking part in each Final Play-Off match.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!