Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Chrispy51 said:

addick05 said:

Dilly, Dilly!!

Lets hope they take Roland to the 'Pit of Misery'....Dilly, Dilly!

He's already in it, it's called the Valley.
    He may own it but he’s not been there...
    I don't think you can say that. I'm pretty sure he HAS been to The Valley. Wasn't there the televised interview with him, Karen, and RM at The Valley?

However, at an actual game, is a different matter...
    He’s been to two games, both in 2014.
  • I agree that it’s RD’s deal but the stumbling blocks and obstacles have all been placed by Murray , Murray will have the most influence on how close people get to RD before the actual deals can be thrashed out , the noises made by Murray behind the scenes are pivotal in how RD moves as he is so far removed from the club and it’s DNA

Murray has delayed and potentially cost us this take over and some pre RD and i Believe at least one opportunity of getting rid of him earlier than this

And the fear of PV being involved in the background would Make a lot of sense

Personally I don’t think varney is involved may be he brokered and made the initial pathway but I don’t expect to see him back here

You seem to be convinced about this.....that really is stretching things to the limit nla.
    Yes, it's a possibility but I think a very very tenuous one and certainly pure conjecture on your part.
    Name one part of this whole charade I have got wrong soundas

A few months back when the buzz word was imminent and done deal I posted no fee agreed and it was said then I know nothing and it’s guess work

4 months later I was right and I am right now

I wouldn’t call it conjecture I would say it’s the most reliable info on here with the exception of what Redhenry posts as i know that is true also

The problem is Murray it’s been murray for years

But it's STILL only conjecture nla....you have no proof.
    Why on earth would Murray be muddying the water and if he were, for what purpose and why are you convinced that Goldfinger would act upon his opinions anyway. Indeed, I would suspect he is likely to be very cautious of anything RM has to say or anyone else come to that.
    If you can give me some sound reasons why RM wishes to screw up takeovers then I may be more inclined to go along with your hypothesis.
  • Redrobo said:

How is it that people know RM is slowing things up but don’t know who the bidders actually are?

How? Surely this could only happen if buyers don’t want to give him the same deal or Rolly wants some sort of security by having a charge on the assets which the ex Directors have 1st charge on?

I find the allegation implausible to be honest. Does anyone know for certain how hw is slowing things up?

Can those in the know also clear up how we have moved from the original 2 bidders (red Henry’s and the Aussies) and then one walked away; to now 3 bidders with a British bid looking most likely?

I think there has always been three. Although I wasn't aware of the British one for a while.
  • The fourth one dropped out a while ago.
  • After 678 pages why do we not have a new owner ? Has anyone thought about shirt-fronting Roland and having a word. He needs some encouragement, some reason to change his approach. It is all become a farce.
  • to be honest i now take anything i read on here with a large pinch of salt.

Bingo!!! Brightens the day up though, reading all the false dawns. It started off as the tiniest of snowballs and is now an alpine avalanche!! What the last few months in particular have shown is that no one really knows a lot about it. Hence the constant replenishment of the salt cellar.

• Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018
    Chizz said:

seth plum said:

It will be announced by white smoke at the Vatican before it's on the OS.

It'll be announced by the Pope herself before it's announced on here.

The black female leader of the Labour party will say it's great to see the Red flag flying high.
    (Not Diane Abbott !)

I try to, and I genuinely don't think Roland's going anytime soon. BUT..... each time a new rumour surfaces a little bit of wee comes out and there's a tiny bit of me that thinks 'could this be it?'
    Fixed it for you.
  • HarryLime said:

I agree that it’s RD’s deal but the stumbling blocks and obstacles have all been placed by Murray , Murray will have the most influence on how close people get to RD before the actual deals can be thrashed out , the noises made by Murray behind the scenes are pivotal in how RD moves as he is so far removed from the club and it’s DNA

Murray has delayed and potentially cost us this take over and some pre RD and i Believe at least one opportunity of getting rid of him earlier than this

Personally I don’t think varney is involved may be he brokered and made the initial pathway but I don’t expect to see him back here

You seem to be convinced about this.....that really is stretching things to the limit nla.
    Yes, it's a possibility but I think a very very tenuous one and certainly pure conjecture on your part.

A few months back when the buzz word was imminent and done deal I posted no fee agreed and it was said then I know nothing and it’s guess work

I wouldn’t call it conjecture I would say it’s the most reliable info on here with the exception of what Redhenry posts as i know that is true also

Why on earth would Murray be muddying the water and if he were, for what purpose and why are you convinced that Goldfinger would act upon his opinions anyway. Indeed, I would suspect he is likely to be very cautious of anything RM has to say or anyone else come to that.
    If you can give me some sound reasons why RM wishes to screw up takeovers then I may be more inclined to go along with your hypothesis.
    For a start I don’t know and never met the major players involved, but from the outside, in a word Vanity.
    Duchatelet, his vanity for thinking that he’s Alan Turing and thinking his way of doing things is far far better that what anyone has done before.
    Meire, the vanity for accepting a job, from one of her parent’s friends, and having no skills to do it with any success.
    Murray, his vanity wants to keep himself at the top table.
    Vanity/Ego sums it up.

Good to see you come out of the shadows, Harry Lime.

I try to, and I genuinely don't think Roland's going anytime soon. BUT..... each time a new rumour surfaces a little bit of wee comes out and there's a tiny bit of me that thinks 'could this be it?'
    Fixed it for you.
    Menopause. The sad truth.
  • HarryLime said:

I agree that it’s RD’s deal but the stumbling blocks and obstacles have all been placed by Murray , Murray will have the most influence on how close people get to RD before the actual deals can be thrashed out , the noises made by Murray behind the scenes are pivotal in how RD moves as he is so far removed from the club and it’s DNA

For a start I don’t know and never met the major players involved, but from the outside, in a word Vanity.
    Duchatelet, his vanity for thinking that he’s Alan Turing and thinking his way of doing things is far far better that what anyone has done before.
    Meire, the vanity for accepting a job, from one of her parent’s friends, and having no skills to do it with any success.
    Vanity/Ego sums it up.

Good to see you come out of the shadows, Harry Lime.
    It's about time he got a new raincoat though and gave up the fags :wink:
  • So is anything actually happening?
  • Rothko said:

So is anything actually happening?

No
  • Rothko said:

No
    Good good, I'll check back next week
  • Rothko said:

Rothko said:

No
    Good good, I'll check back next week season
    Fixed it for you.

• Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018
  • Rothko said:

Harry Lime is emerging from the shadows in a tattered old raincoat with a Park Drive hanging out of the corner of his mouth.

• Rothko said:

Harry Lime is emerging from the shadows in a tattered old raincoat with a Park Drive hanging out of the corner of his mouth.

• Sorry Harry, I must have been thinking of someone else.

• edited April 2018
    HarryLime said:

So you don't have a shred of proof and you are basing your views on an opinion that we would have been sold long ago had hr not instructed/suggested /or coerced Goldfinger not to accept multiple offers......and all because of his vanity!
    Dear oh dear oh dear!
  • I’m going down to The Valley tomorrow - I’ll ask the girl on reception if she’s heard anything.
  • I’m going down to The Valley tomorrow - I’ll ask the girl on reception if she’s heard anything.

Can you get me a ticket for the Blackburn game, West Upper will do nicely.

Oi oi

Noooooooooooooo
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!