Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Free Beer Tomorrow Takeover Tomorrow

Wednesday Tomorrow

Wednesday is tomorrow every Tuesday
  • Tomorrow never dies
  • my relationship with this thread:

This + when I scan and see a @Redhenry or @Airman Brown post

• edited April 2018
    Life is what happens to you whilst you are busy planning other things.
  • Sittin' in the mornin' sun
    I'll be sittin' when the evenin' comes
    Watchin' the ships roll in
    Then I watch 'em roll away again
    I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
    Watchin' the tide, roll away
    I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
    Wastin' time
  • Taxi_Lad said:

For no reason, I have an overwhelming feeling that it’s going to happen today

Well I hope so, today is my day in the takeover date prediction thread
  • Taxi_Lad said:

I am glad you are hoping it is today - but it is MY day today. You are the 25th
  • edited April 2018
    Redrobo said:

Taxi_Lad said:

I am glad you are hoping it is today - but it is MY day today. You are the 25th
    Ooops, Ok, I take my sentiment back then, I don't hope that at all!

Must .... check.... facts..... before posting
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't believe anything will happen until we know what division we are in next season.
  • What really makes me laugh is that this latest fervor was started over on " The forum whose name shall not be mentioned" ny none other than Bexley Boy (Colin).
    Who in their right mind would believe anything coming from there, let alone out of that twats mouth.
    Get a grip folks!

I heard on the radio recently that evolution has provided mankind with the capacity for self-deception. I kid you not.

• Taxi_Lad said:

Not looking good. I’m losing the feeling!!
  • I’m going down to The Valley tomorrow - I’ll ask the girl on reception if she’s heard anything.

Can you get me a ticket for the Blackburn game, West Upper will do nicely.
    You can’t just come back when the team are doing well. This includes any potential day out at Wembley.

In any case, west upper?
    Yeah, it's for a mate of mine who is not on the database.

I'm off to Dereham v Hertford on Saturday.
  • seth plum said:

I’m going down to The Valley tomorrow - I’ll ask the girl on reception if she’s heard anything.

She won't be able to talk to you, she's running the gaff.
    Visit complete. Lianne was busy, you were right. She was just picking the team for Saturday....I’m concerned that she had Maynard Brewer in goal - however he has to play because the Australians would only buy the club if he was certain to start.

Sue Parkes was showing the new owners around, they were disappointed that the free 15k they have to play with would be spent on filling in the potholes in the car park.

Lee Bowyer was manning the phones in the NHS call centre. Jackson has chained himself to the main gates begging to stay.

Doucher, Airman Brown, Reams, Red Henry and Colin were in the Valley Cafe having a catch up....heard them say - “those simpletons on CL believe anything we say” and broke out in to a chorus of laughter.
    This post deserves all the lols it gets.

Unlike the other 20,000 you have got......
  • Uboat said:

Who remembers the days when 'It's happening' gifs filled them with excitement?

Even power scrolling to only stop at posts with over 10 likes doesn’t excite me anymore.
    When the news finally breaks that he’s gone, it’s gonna feel less like the lottery win of a few months ago and more like the mild satisfaction of shifting piles.
  • edited April 2018
    seth plum said:

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
    To the last syllable of recorded time;
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
    Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing.

Alas poor Colin, I knew him Horatio

• Even the stubborn old Belgian must understand by now that no-one will pay anything like what he wants to reimburse him for the self-generated losses which, of course, merrily continue at £1 million a month. His advisers must surely have made it very clear what the going rate is for football clubs, and there is certainly no shortage of clubs for sale.

Of course he wants to control the negotiations. That's in his nature. But - this is most definitely a buyers' market. If two parties who've shown prolonged interest have now both reached the close of play then indeed the writing is on the wall. In any case RD knows he's going to face public humiliation when he is eventually forced to sell at far below his total costs, but he simply has no choice.

His refusal so far to accept the obvious has created such a climate of uncertainty that the team's performances have become highly erratic as the end of the season approaches. The players' agents are no fools. They and their clients do not want to be tied to a sinking ship. How many careers - players and coaches - have already been blighted by association with this regime?

All due diligence having long since been completed, it is just a matter of price, terms and conditions, as in fact it has always been. Sooner rather than later RD will make a snap decision to get a deal, any deal, done and out of the blue there will come an announcement ....

If the unthinkable happens and RD remains in charge indefinitely then at least the value of the club will no longer be an issue. It will be £1.

With us in the Isthmian League.
    seth plum said:

Signifying nothing.

Never did I think Macbeth could be so relevant to our current predicament. But the idiot, full of sound and fury - is it him? Or is it us?
  • Did @Seth plum win the Euro millions? Reverting to that as our only hope.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018

What really makes me laugh is that this latest fervor was started over on " The forum whose name shall not be mentioned" ny none other than Bexley Boy (Colin).
    Who in their right mind would believe anything coming from there, let alone out of that twats mouth.
    Get a grip folks!

I heard on the radio recently that evolution has provided mankind with the capacity for self-deception. I kid you not.

It was on the television, not the radio.
  • seth plum said:

Signifying nothing.

Fillet of a fenny snake,
    In the cauldron boil and bake;
    Eye of newt and toe of frog,
    Wool of bat and tongue of dog,
    Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting,
    Lizard's leg and owlet's wing,
    For a charm of powerful trouble,
    Like a hell-broth boil and bubble

Whether for business or pleasure, Centre Circle Dining is the perfect choice for anyone seeking the ultimate in luxury service and finest cuisine. Complemented by the best seats at The Valley, this is a first-class experience that you and your guests deserve.
    This forum keeps just keeps getting better and better. Thankyou everyone.
  • 10th of May
  • 10th of May

No ifs, no buts
  • 10th of May

No ifs, no buts
    If if if if if if if if but but but but but
  • My understanding is that our new owner will be unveiled at the POTY dinner on Monday, May 7th .

( Many a true word spoken in jest....)
  • There will be no new owner
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!