Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:

Nothing we don’t already know, but mate of mine was in directors box and spoke to Slippery Dick and I quote “it is happening very soon”

Was he scared to say imminent?
  • J BLOCK said:

Nothing we don’t already know, but mate of mine was in directors box and spoke to Slippery Dick and I quote “it is happening very soon”

What is ?

• Maybe the Australians and RD have agreed a price in both situations (promotion or not).

Now they're waiting till the end of the season before completing.
  • Bloody hell, even Sunderland have been sold now. Surely we have to be next if that basket case can find a buyer
  • edited April 2018
    J BLOCK said:

The selling of the house or the selling of the club?
    Posted this without reading the whole thread.....bit late there SoundAs
  • edited April 2018
    Maybe the selling of the house was the big news story mentioned by Fanny and kjl.
  • Sponsored links:

• One flukey goal doth not a wonderkid make.
  • JamesSeed said:

One flukey goal doth not a wonderkid make.

It does if it’s against Millwall.
  • J BLOCK said:

The selling of the house or the selling of the club?
    Posted this without reading the whole thread.....bit late there SoundAs
    Selling the club
  • edited April 2018
    If we cast our minds back Robbo was trying to leave and Roland wouldn't let him so he delayed the resurgence Bowyer and JJ have given us. Fortunately for us, they were the cheap option.
  • edited April 2018
    May the 10th for my 41st birthday
  • If we get to Wembley you just know that old cnut will come along and show his face

But it sounds as though he won't be our owner by then , doesn't it ?

Or are you still saying that no price has been agreed ?

Just asking.....
  • If we get to Wembley you just know that old cnut will come along and show his face

Just asking.....
    I bet he tries to pick the team for the final too!
  • my relationship with this thread:

My relationship with this thread:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwlYo8EYTWI

Just asking.....
    I bet he tries to pick the team for the final, tool
  • Sponsored links:

• My fear...

1. We get promoted
    2. RD decides we are worth £77.5M
    3. Buyers walk.
    4. RD decides he likes owning us after all
    5. We underinvest because RD wants a profit
    6. We lose our best players in the winter
    7. Get relegated in 2018-19 back to L1
    8. RD sells in 2020.

Part of me thinks we are better off not even making the playoffs, because the better we do, the LESS likely a sale becomes as RD wants a higher and higher price.

Hope I am wrong.

By your logic we should be hoping for relegation, as if we're in the National South, it's more likely we'll be sold

If we get promoted, yes RD will get more money, because the club will be worth more money. The Aussies (or any other ambitious new owner) will be thinking that one good season and we'll be playing the big boys

RD is bored with football. If he kept us for another season, all that would achieve is another season of losses. There's no benefit for him holding on to us.
  • sammy391 said:
    Finally all those “selling a house” analogies pay off.
    To help me understand the value of the house verses what it is sold for could someone please come up with a stadium / football club analogy please. Many thanks.
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

No chance rd will still be here next season, this was confirmed today so relax and enjoy the games.

Care to tell us more @DOUCHER ?
    i don't know any more but my main source, who this comes from, hasn't been wrong on anything yet
    like... nobody had done any due dilligence in 2017?
    Wrong - i think u and soundas will find that i am the only poster to b 100% right every time - doesn't matter really - we r on the up, the valley is buzzing again and we r on the verge of a new exciting era. Lets move on from all this bollox. Have no problem with the protesters, been one myself, have no problem with the stay aways, done for the right reasons no doubt, but give it a few weeks and we should all re unite - no more in fighting, point scoring and all that - yesterday and last week is what its all about - football and community and passion and atmosphere and the sheer buzz of it all - thats what its all about - COYR!!!!! - promotion is on - lets do this f**king thing and lets move on from the nonsense of the last 4 years - COYR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    It's not all about you.
  • JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

No chance rd will still be here next season, this was confirmed today so relax and enjoy the games.

i don't know any more but my main source, who this comes from, hasn't been wrong on anything yet
    Wrong - i think u and soundas will find that i am the only poster to b 100% right every time - doesn't matter really - we r on the up, the valley is buzzing again and we r on the verge of a new exciting era. Lets move on from all this bollox. Have no problem with the protesters, been one myself, have no problem with the stay aways, done for the right reasons no doubt, but give it a few weeks and we should all re unite - no more in fighting, point scoring and all that - yesterday and last week is what its all about - football and community and passion and atmosphere and the sheer buzz of it all - thats what its all about - COYR!!!!! - promotion is on - lets do this f**king thing and lets move on from the nonsense of the last 4 years - COYR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    It's not all about you.
    Mods- can you rename the thread to this please?

Just asking.....
    I am just sick of it all Jean , the whole thing has felt like zabeel to me since the very beginning,

Something has not smelt right it’s all too show staged for me,

I was in and around a takeover this year I know they can take ages and things get dragged up from years gone by in DD

This has not happened to us , a few anomalies in the DD but were soon worked through

Then the issue of price and the total non agreement of any fee up to this stage , I haven’t asked recently and I haven’t been told the situation has changed

That doesn’t mean it hasn’t it may well of but tbh I don’t really care ,

RD owning us hasn’t detracted from the last 8 weeks and in fact I haven’t really given His ownership and his past failings a second thought

All I have tried to do where time and Work allowed is get down there and support the team have a bit of football with the kids and pals and really forget about anything other than Bowyer and the boys

I wanted to be there for Bows first game and took my little girl to be there too and since I have managed to get there with both little uns and hopefully results go our way and we get a play off semi to at least attend together

From there should we get through a day out at Wembley and it’s a roll of the dice who ever turns up on the day and performs wins

Roland daring to turn up would over shadow the resolve the fans have shown so if he did turn up I’d hope some one got hold of him and made sure he knew he was not welcome before he set foot in the hallowed stadium but that would be the only time RD will impact this part of the season

Just keep mindful of how many times the noises that he is about to go have been false and do not let him or his ownership dictate what has been the closest we have come to having a set of players that want to play for the fans and the badge since the league winning side and playing for Powelly

I always loved watching bow play he left us way to soon but no matter where he played if they were on the TV if watch and watch mainly for him

Now he is our gaffer and I think it’s quite fitting that the kid that started the whole Charlton feeling I had in the 90s is the man leading that feeling returning

Fuck RD this is happening in spite of him and not because of him and therefore I couldn’t give two shits that he ain’t sold and that he is still here as right now it’s all about the football the players , the Mgr , and the fans no one else RD and RM are totally irrelevant

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my question and in such depth too.

I know how much this club of ours means to you & am made up that you now have your Charlton mojo back where it belongs.

The fact that you are now bringing the next generation to games to ensure they share this period of positivity, excitement and hope for the future speaks volumes. I bet they love their visits to The Valley with Dad.

Your pronouncement that " this (good stuff) is happening in spite of RD and not because of him " would look great on placards should he, somehow, still be around when we get to make that final step towards the next level.

And I know a VERY good place to shove them when it's all over !

Great to hear from you again.
    x
  • May the 10th for my 41st birthday

Mine as well, but not 41! Stuart Leary was my boyhood hero. You can roughly work it out. :)
  • JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

It's not all about you.
    I know - that's one of the reasons i post on here - to give fellow fans genuine information
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!