Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• My fear...

1. We get promoted
    2. RD decides we are worth £77.5M
    3. Buyers walk.
    4. RD decides he likes owning us after all
    5. We underinvest because RD wants a profit
    6. We lose our best players in the winter
    7. Get relegated in 2018-19 back to L1
    8. RD sells in 2020.

Part of me thinks we are better off not even making the playoffs, because the better we do, the LESS likely a sale becomes as RD wants a higher and higher price.

Hope I am wrong.

Yep your wrong
  • Any actual rumours from today other than Douchers “it will happen” post?
  • My fear...

1. We get promoted
    3. Buyers walk.
    8. RD sells in 2020.

Part of me thinks we are better off not even making the playoffs, because the better we do, the LESS likely a sale becomes as RD wants a higher and higher price.

Hope I am wrong.

Yep your wrong
    Maybe, but me disbelief this sale was going to happen has served me well through 686 pages if useless rumours so far.
  • DOUCHER said:

No chance rd will still be here next season, this was confirmed today so relax and enjoy the games.

So you’re saying it’s a.. “done deal”?
  • My fear...

1. We get promoted
    3. Buyers walk.
    8. RD sells in 2020.

Hope I am wrong.

1 & 4 are my worry!
    Is it too much to ask to just be rid of him/that era - so me can just all move on!
  • edited April 2018

There was a meeting last week between RD’s representative from Belgium and the Aussies, according to multiple sources.

If Rolly was there he probably would have spent most of the meeting talking about his theories about universal basic income.
  • There was a meeting last week between RD’s representative from Belgium and the Aussies, according to multiple sources.

You need to do some more digging Airman !!

Come on REDHENRY we're all waiting for you aswell !!!
  • Fumbluff said:

DOUCHER said:

No chance rd will still be here next season, this was confirmed today so relax and enjoy the games.

Fairly sure you confirmed last week he’d be here another year no?
    no
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

Care to tell us more @DOUCHER ?
    i don't know any more but my main source, who this comes from, hasn't been wrong on anything yet
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

i don't know any more but my main source, who this comes from, hasn't been wrong on anything yet
    I haven’t been wrong in anything either, likewise I haven’t been right!!
  • If I was buying the club, I wouldn't want to distract from what the team is trying to achieve and would wait for the right time.
  • If I was buying the club, I wouldn't want to distract from what the team is trying to achieve and would wait for the right time.

Distraction or inspiration.
  • My fear...

1. We get promoted
    3. Buyers walk.
    8. RD sells in 2020.

Hope I am wrong.

Was wondering this during the game yesterday

i.e. We get promoted, Roland decides he wants even more as we're a Championship side and the buyers walk away
  • Why take the risk?
  • Why take the risk?

Because he is Roland? Remember, we are only a tiny cog in his empire - he probably thinks about Charlton for a nano-second each week, he's far too busy making money from his other (profitable) businesses. If he is advised by his financial people that there is a chance of making more money if we get promoted who do you think he's going to listen to. As fans we are too emotionally involved and find it hard to comprehend Roland's seeming intransigence when it comes to selling the club. Do you honestly think he is concerned about us or the future of our wonderful club? Money mate and nothing else is what motivates this particular sociopath. The sooner we all accept that the better.
  • edited April 2018
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

So it’s you who keeps getting things wrong.....not him.
    Now we’re talking!
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

like... nobody had done any due dilligence in 2017?
  • Sponsored links:

• If we get to Wembley you just know that old cnut will come along and show his face
  • If we get to Wembley you just know that old cnut will come along and show his face

Really? I doubt he’d bother. Zero interest in us

Hope so, could be a fun five minutes of singing :smiley:
  • Sunderland takeover.
  • Nothing we don’t already know, but mate of mine was in directors box and spoke to Slippery Dick and I quote “it is happening very soon”
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!