Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Blackpool 72 said on the POTY thread,

"I went last night and what a good night it was too.
    Well done to Fanny for organising such a great event.
    While I was there last night I was told that regarding the takeover it is indeed a Done Deal and that it will be announced as soon as the playoffs are over.
    I did ask why not just anounce it now and was told that it had been agreed not to say anything until the season has finished.
    The person who told me this is highly connected to the club and I have no reason to believe he was lying."

So is this an Airman Brown type of done deal ?
    If not what sort of done deal ?

Someone involved with the club told me the same thing last week, but I also know the Sky story last week was well sourced.
    So what is meant by a done deal on this occasion ?
    The person I spoke to believed the Sky story was wrong and the deal is done and could be announced in the next week.

There have been multiple leaks from the EFL about the fit and proper persons test, and although I believe Addickted is posting in good faith, what he said was directly contradicted by our own contacts there.

I also know the EFL have told someone else in the media to “watch this space”. So basically it’s as clear as mud.

The club’s own lawyers believed it was a “done deal” in February, as did someone involved with the (Aussie) buyer, so the continuing confusion isn’t surprising.
    So, clear as mud. Whatever is happening, and why the wait, let us worry about it after Wembley :wink:
  • ross1 said:

Blackpool 72 said on the POTY thread,

While I was there last night I was told that regarding the takeover it is indeed a Done Deal and that it will be announced as soon as the playoffs are over.
    I did ask why not just anounce it now and was told that it had been agreed not to say anything until the season has finished.
    The person who told me this is highly connected to the club and I have no reason to believe he was lying."

Someone involved with the club told me the same thing last week, but I also know the Sky story last week was well sourced.
    So what is meant by a done deal on this occasion ?
    The person I spoke to believed the Sky story was wrong and the deal is done and could be announced in the next week.

There have been multiple leaks from the EFL about the fit and proper persons test, and although I believe Addickted is posting in good faith, what he said was directly contradicted by our own contacts there.

I also know the EFL have told someone else in the media to “watch this space”. So basically it’s as clear as mud.

The club’s own lawyers believed it was a “done deal” in February, as did someone involved with the (Aussie) buyer, so the continuing confusion isn’t surprising.
    So, clear as mud. Whatever is happening, and why the wait, let us worry about it after Wembley :wink:
    I'd agree, except we shouldn't forget we have to beat Shrewsbury first.

I’ve been ‘watching this space’ for 18 months!
  • JamesSeed said:

Curb_It said:

Keep it going, it’s fascinating watching grown men acting like children.

Equally fascinating watching grown men and/or women commenting on grown men acting like children.

Etc.

What we need is more poetry.
    As you wish:-

Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Roly's a shitcunt
    Cursed at in haiku:

Charlton's president,
    is a worthless soul-sucking,
    rancid old liar.

• Sponsored links:

• The Aussies are buying the club should be at the match on Thursday.

Did you forget the question mark or is that a fact from Colin?

No idea if that's true but i'd like to think that any interested party would want to be at our biggest home game in the past few years.
  • DiscoCAFC said:

One thing I don’t understand about this Takeover business is if Roland is waiting to see what our fate is before agreeing to sale at the price then surely this should be part of T&C and the Takeover can go through?

Actually, I believe you DO understand. If it could easily go through right now and is not, then....
  • Sponsored links:

• 500 f#%^ing poems later.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF

Might be wrong, but I don’t think Roland is behind the latest spate of awful poems. Let’s stick to the facts here guys.

Might be wrong, but I don’t think Roland is behind the latest spate of awful poems. Let’s stick to the facts here guys.
    But he is the cause 100%.
    If he wasn't here neither would be the poems

But he is the cause 100%.
    If he wasn't here neither would be the poems
    Haha fair enough

Did nobody push Murray for the official line last night seeing as his last communication was that it would be done weeks ago?
  • SE7toSG3 said:

There was a young man from Nantucket,
    Whose cock was so big, he could suck it,
    He said with a grin, wiping jizz from his chin,
    If my ear was an arse I would f*ck it

A young female lawyer from Leuven
    Whose bowels could never get movin’
    So instead of down south,
    She pooed out of her mouth -
    Yet all of her lies were disproven

Oh, that was a terrible song
    Sing us another one
    Just like the other one
    Sing us another on do

Did nobody push Murray for the official line last night seeing as his last communication was that it would be done weeks ago?
    What's the point, he'd only tell another whopper.

Exactly
    That's why I never spoke to him.
  • PaddyP17 said:

There was a young man from Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch
    Who had a terrible cough
    But he will agree
    With the CAFC
    When we shout ROLAND FUCK OFF

This is the stuff, this is what we wanted!
  • Not one for the ladies or those of a sensitive nature!

There was a young girl from the Azores
    Whose c*** was all covered in sores
    The dogs in the street wouldn’t eat the green meat
    That hung in festoons from her drawers

a. That's horrible
    b. You didn't write it.

Flag.

What whopper?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!