Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I will go back once he doesn’t own the club. If he keeps the Valley I’ll have to put up with it
  • Scoham said:
    It was Donald Muir at The Valley in January.
  • Keith Harris a big player in the takeover saga?.
  • Keith Harris a big player in the takeover saga?.

• Yes we would be involved with someone who made his dosh by sticking his hand up a ducks arse ---- still will fit it well with burger Boy who has his tongue stuck up a Belgium OAPs arse.
  • edited May 2018
    bobmunro said:

Keith Harris a big player in the takeover saga?.

Oh gawd, don’t start all this again
  • Not sure if it means anything, but I just had a missed called from an Australian phone number! (+61 is the country code for those interested)
  • Sponsored links:

• Not sure if it means anything, but I just had a missed called from an Australian phone number! (+61 is the country code for those interested)

I get those all the time. I've always assumed it was missed calls from our operations in Darwin and Sydney but you've got me thinking now!
  • Jodaius said:

From his website:

He is passionate about the topic of nutrition, in particular educating children about healthy eating, and strongly believes that Australians need to take meaningful action to tackle the growing obesity problem. It was his desire to act on this problem, that saw him establish The Good Foundation.

Portion sizes to be reduced from 14 potato to 11 polenta chips?

• Jodaius said:

From his website:

He is passionate about the topic of nutrition, in particular educating children about healthy eating, and strongly believes that Australians need to take meaningful action to tackle the growing obesity problem. It was his desire to act on this problem, that saw him establish The Good Foundation.

Portion sizes to be reduced from 14 to 11 chips?

So he's basically an Aussie version of Jamie Oliver
  • Scoham said:
    Wait wait wait I want to have a go at this... let's see.

Isnt that what a rumour is...an unsubstantiated comment :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• PeterGage said:

Scoham said:
    Wait wait wait I want to have a go at this... let's see.

Isnt that what a rumour is...an unsubstantiated comment :-)
    Fun spoiler. :-)
  • No offence to Belgium 20, but 80% of the stuff they have posted has been absolute bull shit
  • SE7toSG3 said:

so no evidence other than an historic presidence then ffs, thats not staying relevant its noisy mischief making!

If there are any firm suggestions or sources that this is the case then I retract the above and will remain committed to getting RD out of our club, if not and thats it you want to take a look at yourselves

You do what you got to do se7

• Jodaius said:

From his website:

Pukka
  • I said about 300 pages ago that after reading all I could about Muir, that he was my best hope as new owner, among the reported candidates. So I am quite happy it is indeed him. I don't think we could have done better given our size, honestly.

From what I have read about him, which is everything I could find in English, he is honest and personable. The Good Guys was a very successful home electronics chain here in the US, where most of its revenues came from. It was a family business started by his father. I like the fact he has operated a family business before.

His operational style appears to be by consensus. He likes to surround himself with people he trusts and likes group decisions. So I believe he will NOT be a dictatorial styled-owner.

He is quite smart financially. He does not like to brag. He is not a bullshitter. He thinks long term. He dislikes debt.

My biggest worries are that he has no history of running a football club. And the fact he won't own all of the assets straight off.

But for me, given the reports and pics, I am feeling as hopeful as I could have wished for given the circumstances. This is potentially a great day.

What fact? The ground/training ground talk is definitely not fact.
  • edited May 2018
    *grumpy response above from me after a long flight and still smarting over last nights result.

If there is a shred of truth in Roland retaining any part of our club I will be pretty pissed off, lets hope your hunch is wrong @BELGIUM20 or we will all be Belgium bound again!
  • Wow. It really does seem to be happening. This is so much more important than whether we get promoted.

But nice to have both !

• Jodaius said:

From his website:

That’s for me is worrying ..... I hate that twat Jamie Oliver
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!