Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• sam3110 said:

10% of youth player sales isn't a lot, let's be honest.

But I'd rather the full amount was paid off straight away.

Depends, if we sold another Joe Gomez for £3.5m thats £350k into the pocket of Roland...
    Lennon is worth at least 80p as well.
  • what is a youth player?
    is it one who has only played for the U23's or under 18's
    or is it one that has progressed from the youth teams into the first team
    there is a difference
  • Scoham said:
    Slightly concerning if the new owners don't have 40m to buy him out completely
    Been my concern with the Aussie bid all along that they don’t have the money needed to run the club

I will wait and see what the official line is before getting excited

If someone doesn’t have 40 mil to buy us out lock stock and smoking barrels then there is serious implications on them being able to make us compete in this league let alone any other ambitious plans they may think they can achieve

Just asking if there’s a reason why someone wouldn’t want to pay all the money immediately?

Or is it sale or return?
    RD sells, then we return to the Championship.

That be right.
  • So it seems Paul Elliot is onboard in some way. Can only be a good thing imo. Think he will end up running the football side. Wonder if Bowyer and Jacko will be kept on!

Genuine question, Is Elliot in anyway qualified to be involved in running a football club ?
    No. But It he is already better that the c**t that we currently have.
    Very true but then I would be better than the cunt we currently have but it doesn't mean I'm capable of the daily running of a football club
  • stonemuse said:

In touch with a few people this morning, so I have put a piece together here www.votvonline.com

Muir for chairman, explicit legal attempt to keep Varney (and others) out - laughing at that tbh.

Bowyer to go? That would be a pity.
    And where does this leave Jacko...

Did his speech the other week sound a bit like he's leaving?
  • Lee Bowyer has been a breath of fresh air and has bonded the club together, would love him to get the job full time and build his own team, however we have now lost 4 games under his leadership, he’s got much to learn I fear
  • Swisdom said:

stonemuse said:

In touch with a few people this morning, so I have put a piece together here www.votvonline.com

Muir for chairman, explicit legal attempt to keep Varney (and others) out - laughing at that tbh.

Bowyer to go? That would be a pity.
    And where does this leave Jacko...

Did his speech the other week sound a bit like he's leaving?
    Not to me
  • I think they will come in and hopefully appoint someone like Mick mcarthey I feel bowyer has a lot to learn and for transfer targets where would he start we need experience I feel
  • Sponsored links:

• T_C_E said:

With rumours circulating that the new owners will form a board, Muir will become chairman, Murphy chief executive and Elliott vice chairman. Where exactly does that leave currant COO and fans favourite Tone Cahone? Its only fair to recognise his hard work in building a relationship with fans destroyed by others by offering him a permanent position going forward. Maybe one of the catering outlets in The Covered End has a vacancy for someone with his talents?

The toilets always need cleaning
  • T_C_E said:

With rumours circulating that the new owners will form a board, Muir will become chairman, Murphy chief executive and Elliott vice chairman. Where exactly does that leave currant COO and fans favourite Tone Cahone? Its only fair to recognise his hard work in building a relationship with fans destroyed by others by offering him a permanent position going forward. Maybe one of the catering outlets in The Covered End has a vacancy for someone with his talents?

Great getting Danny Murphy back!!!
  • T_C_E said:

Is it true that the Transportation Act of 1785 has never been revoked ?

In 1787, the "First Fleet" departed from these shores, arriving in January 1788 at what is now Sydney but then was known as Port JACKSON.....

A pertinent posting maybe for our Tone with the upcoming special relationship between the Brits and the Aussies ?
  • A condition of you buying the club is that all the remaining C suite officers remain in place

(AMuir aside to legal - who is that again mate? Oh Murray and Keohane - how long before I can sack them for incompetence, 3 months?)

Yeah that’s no drama Mr D. We can do that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well there goes my Valley Gold renewal

If it’s a means to an end I think it’s ok.
    The end being getting rid of Duchatelet.
  • Well there goes my Valley Gold renewal

In some respects it’s better that we continue to produce saleable talent. Sure if the rumour is true Roland snatches a slice but the lions share goes to the club to either quickly pay off the £40 million or for investment where it sees fit.

If anything. Our academy products could be the key to getting rid of the bad smell that Roland is.

Exactly right.
  • edited May 2018
    >

If there's a scintilla of truth in the rumour that 'the new guys' will be leasing the premises from the toxic old then this deal can wither and die so far as I'm concerned. Deferred payment based on whatever cock-eyed scheme, that's all fine. But for tooshitsalot to have his cancerous digits left in any part of Charlton's pie will be ruinous. All or nothing. Anybody getting into business with roly is at best a moron, to have that rancid dementor lingering around the place defies sense and will deny any respect whatsoever. I hope it ain't true. I'd sooner have Uncle Ron Noades as landlord, for eternity, than have anymore time in the toxic pantomime.

Me too but then he is dead. Don't forget his idea was (with J Fryer) to kill off Charlton Athletic to form a so called super club.
  • Lee Bowyer has been a breath of fresh air and has bonded the club together, would love him to get the job full time and build his own team, however we have now lost 4 games under his leadership, he’s got much to learn I fear

True but this isn’t his team it’s Robinson’s ( who was severely restricted by RD) .
    The team is far too lightweight for this division and it showed at times last night , I’d like to see a team full of Bowyer type players then maybe we would not get outmuscled as often as we do . Reeves being the prime example of lightweight.
    Being saying the same for months. Whoever is in charge next season (if we don't make it) MUST build a team capable of getting promoted out of this awful league.

• edited May 2018

If there's a scintilla of truth in the rumour that 'the new guys' will be leasing the premises from the toxic old then this deal can wither and die so far as I'm concerned. Deferred payment based on whatever cock-eyed scheme, that's all fine. But for tooshitsalot to have his cancerous digits left in any part of Charlton's pie will be ruinous. All or nothing. Anybody getting into business with roly is at best a moron, to have that rancid dementor lingering around the place defies sense and will deny any respect whatsoever. I hope it ain't true. I'd sooner have Uncle Ron Noades as landlord, for eternity, than have anymore time in the toxic pantomime.

I share your anger if this is indeed true - but not your pessimism.

I've said all along that as long as there was/is a watertight lease with full legal rights to revert to freehold on the payment of agreed sums then it can still work - just as long as Two Sheds has no say.
  • edited May 2018
    I think it might be retaining the freehold of PART of the site from something I've heard. So for example the stadium footprint might be freehold and remain with CAFC but part of the ancillary land around it becomes leasehold to CAFC, with RD retaining the freehold. That would square with securing RD's position if, for example, there is a contingent payment for promotion to the PL that might not be realised. It's a long way from saying he can develop it, which might be his aim, but he'd have to get planning consent for that - and if he was doing that now why bother to issue a lease at this point?

In any event, this could not be done without all the former directors' permission or them being paid off.
  • 'Poisonous' is the perfect description for Murray.

Desperate ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!