Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited May 2018

https://alburyaddick.wordpress.com/2018/05/10/a-brief-chat-with-andrew-muir/

"There I was walking down the stairs after the game and walking down next to me was Andrew Muir. I asked him if he was our new owner which he kind of brushed aside, but he then went on to say that we need to get the club back on track and give it back to the fans. He also asked me how many years I’d supported the club and kindly asked my name. Our dialogue is not massively illuminating I know, but he seemed very engaging, interested and a really nice bloke. I guess only time will tell."

Sounds like Callum will be offered the CEO gig by Muir and the FD role is going to Bert who he chatted to at the betting kiosk.
  • kentred2 said:

What a great night at the Valley. New ownership imminent one senses.

Or perhaps not! Leasing the valley? Boycott continues?
  • Belgium 20 saying Roland is keeping the ground
  • J BLOCK said:

Belgium 20 saying Roland is keeping the ground

From their tweets, sounds as if the Aussies refused to Duchâtelet BS and have agreed to lease both until a full purchase is agreed
  • J BLOCK said:

This rumour has been around for a bit. See the72.co.uk/78851/roland-duchatelet-will-remain-owner-valley-charlton-takeover/
  • Is it time for a summary on the bite size thread from @AFKABartram

Very good point

Over to you @DOUCHER :-)
    Rd definitely not here next season - tick
    Sale once division known - tick
    Aussies or brits, not red henrys lot - tick
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

If true, I've just gone from ecstasy to depression.
  • Disaster if Roland keeps the ground, absolute disaster
  • I have no sources but the deal could be completed as early as next week.
  • did anyone ask him his views on house music?
  • Belgian 20 on Twitter have also said that Sparrows Lane will be leased to the club & that 10% of all player sales will go to RD until the figure of £40m is reached
  • Scoham said:
    So Roland's interest in our properties is only until £40M is paid?
  • _MrDick said:

I reckon it was @SDAddick story about his dog that swung the deal his way #BestFriendsPetCare

Andrew Muir is a successful business leader, entrepreneur and philanthropist, who as CEO of The Good Guys led his family’s business to become Australia’s leading household appliances and electronics retailer.
    In 2016, Andrew stepped away from his role as Executive Chairman of The Good Good Guys when JB Hi-Fi acquired the business and today devotes his time to business interests including Best Friends Pet Care and Momatu, and his roles in the community as Director of The Good Foundation and Board Director Essendon Football Club.

Apparently he is going to change our name to "Top Blokes Charlton Athletic".
  • Sponsored links:

• Short term that’s disaster but for long term we’ll have had got rid of him - and hopefully more stable.
  • Does haiku even count as poetry given its structured format?

Edited to remove a grocer’s apostrophe before I get hammered for just that

Such a shame you didn't put the full stop at the end.
  • Maybe the potential news owne
    WSS said:
    WSS said:
    Would rather Roland remained then have a deal like that and wait for someone who is willing to take on the whole club. Treading on old ground if this happens.
  • I know another Andrew Muir
    https://andrew-muir.com/

He might be wondering soon why he's trending on twitter.
  • He was asking when the DFS sale ended in the Directors box last night.
  • Was also told last night (after the game) that the prospective buyer(s) are looking for a £50 million share investment scheme. Could be yet another load of bollux I suppose.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!