Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• So it seems Paul Elliot is onboard in some way. Can only be a good thing imo. Think he will end up running the football side. Wonder if Bowyer and Jacko will be kept on!

Genuine question, Is Elliot in anyway qualified to be involved in running a football club ?
    I’d be amazed if he had anything to do with the day to day running of the Club. More likely Chairman.
  • So it seems Paul Elliot is onboard in some way. Can only be a good thing imo. Think he will end up running the football side. Wonder if Bowyer and Jacko will be kept on!

Genuine question, Is Elliot in anyway qualified to be involved in running a football club ?
    I’d be amazed if he had anything to do with the day to day running of the Club. More likely Chairman.
    Vice chairman, I’m told now.
    Wonder where /if RM features in the new set up ?

Vice chairman, I’m told now.
    Wonder where /if RM features in the new set up ?
    Heard nothing recent on that, but the story months back was that he might get life president. We already have one, but also a history of unseating them.
  • Looks too much like Rod Stewart for my liking.

I don’t think Fat Rod is going to fit in those skinny trousers.
  • edited May 2018
    Any tall blonde starlets with him by any chance?
  • Sponsored links:

• Just out of interest does anyone know anything of the consortium behind Paul Elliott??

My new fanzine Hobbits of the Valley will be available to buy for the playoff final priced at 99 pence.
  • Valley11 said:

Why does an Aussie want to buy a third division club for example?

Because we are not a third tier club. We are a second tier club he can buy for a third tier price. Look at our ground and huge catchment area (between one and two million potential supporters).
    That's going to need some capacity improvements then ;-)
  • I reckon it was @SDAddick story about his dog that swung the deal his way #BestFriendsPetCare

Andrew Muir is a successful business leader, entrepreneur and philanthropist, who as CEO of The Good Guys led his family’s business to become Australia’s leading household appliances and electronics retailer.
    In 2016, Andrew stepped away from his role as Executive Chairman of The Good Good Guys when JB Hi-Fi acquired the business and today devotes his time to business interests including Best Friends Pet Care and Momatu, and his roles in the community as Director of The Good Foundation and Board Director Essendon Football Club.
  • sammy391 said:

- so airman’s rumour about papers signed tomorrow must have weight to it ...

To also have a ‘fans’ tour of the stadium and to talk to fans etc firstly surely means he is confident it will happen , but secondly highlights the kind of owner he will be!

This guy is a massive step up from Duchebag , and without getting carried away - I’m confident this guy can and will be the best owner Charlton will have had!

That's a serious away day. I hope he bought his tickets in advance.

F*****g hell. Let's hope he doesn't do music like Rod Stewart!!
  • Sponsored links:

F*****g hell. Let's hope he doesn't do music like Rod Stewart!!
    ....Or spend money like him!
  • So this is sounding very positive :smiley:
  • What a great night at the Valley. New ownership imminent one senses.

At first glance, I thought it was Barry Manilow
  • All sounds like we’re nearly there... I thought the fact that season tickets sales for next year have been temporarily suspended may be a good sign as well. Maybe just because of wanting to only deal with playoff tickets but maybe because the new owner wants to change the strategy/pricing?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!