Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Is it time for a summary on the bite size thread from @AFKABartram
  • sammy391 said:

Surely Muir wouldn’t come all the way from AUS just for 90 mins of football - so airman’s rumour about papers signed tomorrow must have weight to it ...

To also have a ‘fans’ tour of the stadium and to talk to fans etc firstly surely means he is confident it will happen , but secondly highlights the kind of owner he will be!

This guy is a massive step up from Duchebag , and without getting carried away - I’m confident this guy can and will be the best owner Charlton will have had!

Out of interest Sammy I know zero about Muir so why do you say he is a “massive step up” from RD.
  • Shame he's not a sqillionaire.
  • sammy391 said:

https://vimeopro.com/user10979962/interviewstestimonials/video/69907717

Take a listen to how he talks about business etc ...
    it’s about what’s best for the company and stakeholders , not what’s best for his pocket!

This is the guy who sacked himself from his own business (family run for numerous years) in order for it to thrive!

Also talks about ‘interfering’ in the business after he sacked himself. Hmmm.
    We’ve had so many false dawns and disappointments in recent years it’s hard not to be a little sceptical. Why does an Aussie want to buy a third division club for example?
    But anyway, let’s see what he has to say and what his plan is....once that contract gets signed.
  • sammy391 said:

Surely Muir wouldn’t come all the way from AUS just for 90 mins of football - so airman’s rumour about papers signed tomorrow must have weight to it ...

To also have a ‘fans’ tour of the stadium and to talk to fans etc firstly surely means he is confident it will happen , but secondly highlights the kind of owner he will be!

This guy is a massive step up from Duchebag , and without getting carried away - I’m confident this guy can and will be the best owner Charlton will have had!

Out of interest Sammy I know zero about Muir so why do you say he is a “massive step up” from RD.
    Because he's obviously read all about him, his philanthropy/charity business etc etc. Give him a Google.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    Valley11 said:

Why does an Aussie want to buy a third division club for example?

Because we are not a third tier club. We are a second tier club he can buy for a third tier price. Look at our ground and huge catchment area (between one and two million potential supporters).
  • I bet he has an ace accent.
  • edited May 2018
    Valley11 said:

sammy391 said:

https://vimeopro.com/user10979962/interviewstestimonials/video/69907717

Take a listen to how he talks about business etc ...
    it’s about what’s best for the company and stakeholders , not what’s best for his pocket!

This is the guy who sacked himself from his own business (family run for numerous years) in order for it to thrive!

Also talks about ‘interfering’ in the business after he sacked himself. Hmmm.
    We’ve had so many false dawns and disappointments in recent years it’s hard not to be a little sceptical. Why does an Aussie want to buy a third division club for example?
    But anyway, let’s see what he has to say and what his plan is....once that contract gets signed.
    This is what I've wondered for quite a while & posted on CL a couple of times (at least) Why have they allegedly been in the mix for us so long when it seems many others have fallen by the wayside. Some have responded saying surely it's a good thing that someone is so determined & they are probably right but I'm still left thinking why ? Let's hope that Redhenrys Saudis are backing the Aussies :smile::wink:

Fingers crossed & surely no one can be as bad as the belgian.
  • sammy391 said:

Yeah he wasn't exactly incognito with scarfy wrapped around him...he has the look of a man who owns the place
  • On the frying pan to fire concept.
    Can it really be worse than it is now?
    For the most part under Duchatelet winning matches wasn't much of a priority, for it to be worse we would need a team that scored three own goals a game.
  • I've got 1.6k posts on this thread unread.

Has anything now actually happened ?

• Davo55 said:

I'm amazed that after 4 years of endless takeover talk there are hardly any comments. It's happening guys. It's truly happening :smile:

I’ve been convinced that completion of the takeover was nailed on three times before. I can’t let myself believe this until it’s absolutely certain - the downer is just too awful.
    Muir has flown to the other side of the world, it’s definitely happening
  • cafcfan said:

T_C_E said:

Tone's busy putting the kettle on. ;)

Come on now, be fair. He's a professional, it'll be a Burco.

Is it the equivalent for a tea boy of the brown box full of your stuff thrown out after you as you are forcibly removed from your place of work?

If so, karma would have it strike him in the head as he left the building.

Fucking tosser.

Note: (Sure he’s a lovely family man and wouldn’t wish him any actual harm under any circumstances at all. None at all.)
  • Sponsored links:

• I can't get over the fact, no one from the fashionista has mentioned the skinny strides and jacket combo. ;)
  • T_C_E said:

I can't get over the fact, no one from the fashionista has mentioned the skinny strides and jacket combo. ;)

Have we actually got anybody like that?
  • Mrkinski said:

That's my tweet - pretty sure it was him. On his own, no minders, watching crossbar challenge and looking at fans, lower west. Taking it all in.
    And thinking what a bloody awful effort it was!
  • sammy391 said:

Yeah he wasn't exactly incognito with scarfy wrapped around him...he has the look of a man who owns the place
    If he's buying the club lets hope so ? :smile:
  • Just look at the skinny strides and jacket combo,tells its own story you need ask no more
  • So it seems Paul Elliot is onboard in some way. Can only be a good thing imo. Think he will end up running the football side. Wonder if Bowyer and Jacko will be kept on!
  • So it seems Paul Elliot is onboard in some way. Can only be a good thing imo. Think he will end up running the football side. Wonder if Bowyer and Jacko will be kept on!

Genuine question, Is Elliot in anyway qualified to be involved in running a football club ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!