Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• The one thing I really don't get is that why the hell would you be at the games in the box and even go and buy a scarf in the shop if you haven't even got the money to buy the club. Surely you would know being in that box is going to start all the rumours off even going to supporters and asking what they want that's all to much if you wasn't very close to buying it !!
  • FAVADDICK said:

The one thing I really don't get is that why the hell would you be at the games in the box and even go and buy a scarf in the shop if you haven't even got the money to buy the club. Surely you would know being in that box is going to start all the rumours off even going to supporters and asking what they want that's all to much if you wasn't very close to buying it !!

To put pressure on Duchatelet by getting the fans in a frenzy.
    They've made an offer. It's not ideally what Duchatelet wants but looks like all he's going to get.
  • To put pressure on Duchatelet by getting the fans in a frenzy.
    They've made an offer. It's not ideally what Duchatelet wants but looks like all he's going to get.

What I mean is surely you wouldn't be buying club merchandise of it wasn't a done deal
  • FAVADDICK said:

What I mean is surely you wouldn't be buying club merchandise of it wasn't a done deal

FFS !

Haven't you heard of the latest offer in the Superstore ?

Rentascarfy !
  • FAVADDICK said:

It's a ten quid scarf, hardy a major purchase for a multi-millionnaire.

WIOTOS
  • The one phrase that has been said to me all the way through

“ The aussies don’t have the money “

That to me is why there’s a delay

The one phrase that has been said to me all the way through

Rumours they wanted to pay some now some later , Roland not happy as he wants collateral on balance.
    Also heard they preferred a Championship Club , thus the show up at play off time.
    Time will tell but Ibhave said before I dont believe they have the cash.

Been mooted from the start, worrying if true
  • edited May 2018

We've all heard that, in most cases because people have heard about or read this line from the Mail article when the Australians were first linked:
    Australian Football Consortium Ltd (AFC) are currently attempting to raise the capital necessary to buy out the Belgian, who holds 100 per cent of the shares via his holding company Staprix NV.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4406218/Charlton-owner-Roland-Duchatelet-ready-sell-up.html

We've also heard Kewell was being appointed yet Powell is their first choice.
  • Sponsored links:

• FAVADDICK said:

FFS !

Haven't you heard of the latest offer in the Superstore ?

Rentascarfy !

To be fair, anyone can buy a scarf. If he'd bought flaggy there'd be more cause for optimism :wink:

That to me is why there’s a delay </blockquote

I am praying the delay is because the Aussie's haven't met his farcical, greedy price and that the old scrote has to take a huge financial hit equivalent in direct scale to the debt he has allowed to accumulate through his shoddy and absent mismanagement of the club. I wouldn't mind in that scenario if he ends up with a few cling-on extras just as long as they time-bound and more about face-saving than actually costing us real money in future and certainly that he won't have any controlling say in what happens to us in the future. The man is a germ and we need rid.

Where are you???

• It's going to reach 1,000 pages. Isn't it?
  • If what I am reading is true we badly need @Redhenry lot to come back with another offer.
  • They've been visible at the last two games which I take as good news
  • edited May 2018
    I’m slightly concerned with the length of time, and money issue raised on here...if it falls through, Roland won’t buy anyone and I fear for next season.
    Anyone heard from that other Nathan bloke who wrote to every millionaire? ;)
  • I heard it was gonna be last Monday an all and took it with a pinch of salt.

I now just think that if these Aussies were serious and ready to go, it would've at least been made public by now (if not completed), considering the season is over and Charlton ain't going up.

• Do we know that the Aussies are now the only party in town?

There's been no statement or official confirmation that they are now the only likely buyer, the assumption when we saw Muir and Murphy at the playoff matches was that the takeover was literally about to happen, and if that's not the case...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    Scoham said:

We've all heard that, in most cases because people have heard about or read this line from the Mail article when the Australians were first linked:
    Australian Football Consortium Ltd (AFC) are currently attempting to raise the capital necessary to buy out the Belgian, who holds 100 per cent of the shares via his holding company Staprix NV.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4406218/Charlton-owner-Roland-Duchatelet-ready-sell-up.html

We've also heard Kewell was being appointed yet Powell is their first choice.

That’s not where I read it or heard it from, same place as when I was being told no offers made or accepted that wernt in the mail

I was told by two different sources last week that it was a done deal and will be announced this week

However I don’t hold that info as reliable as any I had been told before due to it turning out numerous people received the same text message but from multiple sources

So to me it seems as if that info I received from someone I trust implicitly was just a forwarding of info that had come from one source and sent to multiple people to give it the relevance of purpose and to look like it was bang on the money

Here we are 4 days past the date that it was allegedly going to be announced and still no closer to completion

The aussies do not have the funds to go through with this currently imo and are currently still trying to raise the short fall

That’s my opinion based on nothing but what I was told originally and the only logical explanation as to why it’s not been done so far and all the way through I have aired on caution due to it all seeming a bit too zabeel for my liking

Hopefully I am way off track and it’s with the EFL being ratified under the fit and proper which can take weeks or just a few days I am led to believe so it’s not strange for it to take time

• edited May 2018
    Sounds to me like we are well and truly fucked.
    Thanks Roland.
  • Sunderland are now into their third week of waiting.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stewart-donald-hopeful-sunderland-takeover-14654750

Why try to buy a club if you’re scraping around trying to raise funds? It’s obvious they’ll potentially need tens of millions over the next few seasons just to keep the club going. Maybe I’m missing something here.
  • If we had got promotion interested didnt get promotion not interested,could this be the case??
  • Scoham said:

Sunderland are now into their third week of waiting.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stewart-donald-hopeful-sunderland-takeover-14654750

Why try to buy a club if you’re scraping around trying to raise funds? It’s obvious they’ll potentially need tens of millions over the next few seasons just to keep the club going. Maybe I’m missing something here.

I don’t get it either
  • Cronism?
  • seth plum said:

Cronism?

It's a new religion based on praising the gods of involuntary bowel movements. I heard Simon Jordan was a big believer...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!