Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited May 2018
  • Airman says there ought to be some news by the weekend and we have waited long enough. Let's see what it is and react to that but it does feel a bit strange though. A week ago it felt like we were going to Wembley and being taken over - we are not going to Wembley, lets hope the most important part still goes ahead!
  • seth plum said:

Cronism?

It's from the official Crystal Palace Theasaurus. The same publication that gave us 'bouncebackability'
  • Scoham said:

Sunderland are now into their third week of waiting.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stewart-donald-hopeful-sunderland-takeover-14654750

Why try to buy a club if you’re scraping around trying to raise funds? It’s obvious they’ll potentially need tens of millions over the next few seasons just to keep the club going. Maybe I’m missing something here.

I don’t get it either
    some of you need to take a chill pill.

just relax & wait for it to happen. It will happen & very soon. You don't fly half way around the world, make your presence known in the club shop & sit on the directors box with said scarf if you weren't serious on buying the club. Muir is not an idiot & knows what he is doing.

airman brown has confirmed that the fit & proper docs have been sent to the EFL & so its really just down to them now. >

How does he know?
  • 3blokes said:

I vote we give it another week, then we all go completely nuts.

I've already gone nuts.
  • Sponsored links:

• drewman said:

Scoham said:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stewart-donald-hopeful-sunderland-takeover-14654750

Why try to buy a club if you’re scraping around trying to raise funds? It’s obvious they’ll potentially need tens of millions over the next few seasons just to keep the club going. Maybe I’m missing something here.

I don’t get it either

just relax & wait for it to happen. It will happen & very soon. You don't fly half way around the world, make your presence known in the club shop & sit on the directors box with said scarf if you weren't serious on buying the club. Muir is not an idiot & knows what he is doing.

airman brown has confirmed that the fit & proper docs have been sent to the EFL & so its really just down to them now. >

How does he know?
    It's close - I can feel it in my water.
  • I just feel sorry for the douchers who must still think we’re in with a chance of promotion....
  • A lot of weight has been placed on Muir buying a scarf from the club shop and watched a match at the valley = odds on that he is going stump up the spondoolies and buy out Duchelete. I see this scenario similar to buy a car; taken it for a test drive, negotiated the asking price and now deciding the best way to pay for the car; monthly repayments, a loan from the bank etc or joint ownership (car share). The car show room has considered his options on repayment terms and solicitors are going through these options.

...or perhaps not.
  • Scoham said:

I don’t get it either

@airman brown has confirmed that the fit & proper docs have been sent to the EFL & so its really just down to them now.
    But people do fly half way around the world for other reasons. Do we know for sure that he didn't have other business here or just fancy taking a holiday?
  • HarryLime said:

I think we will get to 1,000 pages of this thread on Bank Holiday Monday 27 August.
    I doubt sale wise much would have progressed, but by then we would have explored the poetry of Virgil as well as discovering more alternative uses for your socks.

Surely there's also a lot more mileage in Pot Noodles as well?
  • Documents have been sent to the EFL.

That doesn’t happen unless a deal is done. A deal is not done if the buyer doesn’t show proof of funds to the seller and also to the EFL.

I’m still convinced this is close.
  • I said that when I met Addickted at Rochdale I didn’t think he had been correct about the papers being with the EFL, but that was only the position at that time. The denials (plural) from within the EFL are now dated and have not been repeated since.

• Sponsored links:

• Well if they havn’t been sent to the EFL we are still weeks away from a deal at best.
  • Was Richard Cawley so far out with his latest article?
  • Documents have been sent to the EFL.

That doesn’t happen unless a deal is done. A deal is not done if the buyer doesn’t show proof of funds to the seller and also to the EFL.

I’m still convinced this is close.

I don't know, I'm asking. But is that correct? Is it possible that to avoid wasting everyone's time you can get "pre-approval" from the EFL? A sort of football equivalent of Capital One's credit card "100% Free Eligibility Checker".
  • Why would anyone pay £40M+ for a business worth only half of that? Why? Even if it was Paid in instalments & they stick 50% on top, £30M max.
    I don't think its even that close. The Aussies turning up just to put a bit of pressure on I reckon. We've already had one consortium in the Royal box that have run away, why not another.

If you put a house on the market at an inflated price some people will still come and take a look. But it would be pretty unusual for them to be still looking at it a year later.
  • If we get a CEO or a CFO appointed by RD in the next few weeks then its all been bollox and the egotistical twat aint going anywhere and we are in deep shit
  • Scoham said:

Perhaps Roland (pronounced "Roll over and die") is ds

Why would anyone pay £40M+ for a business worth only half of that? Why? Even if it was Paid in instalments & they stick 50% on top, £30M max.
    I don't think its even that close. The Aussies turning up just to put a bit of pressure on I reckon. We've already had one consortium in the Royal box that have run away, why not another.

If you put a house on the market at an inflated price some people will still come and take a look. But it would be pretty unusual for them to be still looking at it a year later.
    Napa?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!