Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Addickted said:

Amazing how Belgium manage to allow in so many players from DR Congo within those EU rules.

Imagine it is some kind of ex-colony rule to allow citizenship.
    Exactly the same as this country having the right to allow British citizenship to anyone who applies for it. The fact that we don’t doesn’t alter the fact that we can. It’s within this country’s control now and always has been. This nonsense that leaving the EU will influence anything is just that nonsense.

Nobody including this shambling government know what our immigration policy will look like post Brexit but it sure as hell won’t be relaxed for Commonwealth countries much, if any than it is now.

• J BLOCK said:

Were already well behind other clubs when it comes to transfer targets, we don’t even have a manager. This needs to be completed today.

I suspect the next manager already knows he is coming in and will be identifying his targets.
    Excellent point, and one that I had completely missed.

I think we can deduce that Lee is not going to be our manager or someone from the consortium would surely have spoken to him. Whoever they have decided upon has probably been aware for a while and has been formulating his plans.
  • bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Addickted said:

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/footballer-work-permits/

Which players do need work permits?

Footballers from outside the EU must still obtain a work permit if they wish to play for English football clubs. Every non-EU footballer must successfully apply for a Governing Body Endorsement (GBE) with the FA before the Home Office will consider issuing a work permit.

The system has recently been tightened and now only non-EEA players who are internationally established at the highest level, and whose employment will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport at the highest level, are allowed to play in the UK. One of the reasons for the rule change was that only 58% of football players who were given work visas played any top-flight football in their second season.

What are the criteria which will be used?

Until 2015, football players needed to have played in at least 75% of their country’s senior international matches over the previous two years to play in the UK. Eligibility for a GBE now depends on a national team’s FIFA ranking, as follows:

Official FIFA Ranking / Required % of international matches in past 2 yrs
    FIFA 1-10 / 30% and above
    FIFA 11-20 / 45% and above
    FIFA 21-30 / 60% and above
    FIFA 31-50 / 75% and above

In the case of players aged 21 or under at the time of application, the period is reduced to one year. The aim is to make it easier for young, outstanding talent to grow their game in the UK.

If a club’s application is rejected, there is an appeals process. The Exceptions Panel is the appeals body which will consider, on a points based system, the player’s experience and value before deciding whether the player can join the club, regardless of their failed application. A stricter assessment of relevant objective criteria will now be applied in an appeal.

I heard a rumour that we might be leaving the EU (although the person who told me was a bit vague on how and what would replace it).
    Precisely - and I would think one of the reasons why the Aussies are so interested.

As from next April, we are able to form our own immigration policy outside of the EU Legislation and allow in as many ex Commonwealth immigrants - whether permanent or temporary - as we wish. I cannot see too many complaints over a small number of fit young English speaking high earning white makes being allowed in.

Pretty sure this will be seen as a back door entry into the EU by quite a few countries.
    Non-EU/EEA immigration is and always has been at the complete control of the UK Government. We have always been able to control this. The Tier 2 (Sportsperson) Visa legislation is wholly UK law, nothing whatsoever to do with the EU, so leaving the EU has no impact on this in any way.

There was even talk a while ago of allowing ALL Australia, New Zealand and Canada citizens to have full rights to live and work in the UK.
    Won’t happen.

Would mean the same rights for all other Commonwealth countries.

Never said it would happen - and in fact the idea was shelved anyway.

But in terms of Tier 2 (Sportsperson) Visas the UK government could relax the eligibility criteria overnight if it chose to do so. For example - 'must hold a registration as a professional sportsperson that is recognised by the sports governing body' - no mention of x% of international games. Or it could leave it as it is or make qualification harder. My point was in refuting the claim that leaving the EU is one of the attractions to the Aussie consortium - it has no bearing whatsoever.
    Thanks for clarifying that @bobmunro.

So much disinformation over immigration at the moment, that it's difficult to clearly understand what the rules are!
  • The best professionals Australia has to offer? Quicker to get a pint at the bars then.
  • cfgs said:

The best professionals Australia has to offer? Quicker to get a pint at the bars then.

That’s kinda the point. Fair few knocking about Europe, but not enough for a country of that size of population.
  • Don't get too hung up on work permits for young Australian talent. There are 100's of non-international standard Kiwi's, Aussies, Fijians, South Africans playing rugby for money at non-premiership clubs across the country. They haven't had any problems with Visa's
  • _MrDick said:

Don't get too hung up on work permits for young Australian talent. There are 100's of non-international standard Kiwi's, Aussies, Fijians, South Africans playing rugby for money at non-premiership clubs across the country. They haven't had any problems with Visa's

Don’t think FIFA cover that lot.

• No idea, no info for a long time. As for Red Bull, is that a woosh?

Not good enough @Redhenry Be proactive man!! Get on the blower, rattle a few cages, ruffle some feathers!!

FIND OUT

Please
  • Redhenry said:

@Redhenry are your mob definately out now or could they be tabling a last minute bid?

are Red bull Still in?

No idea, no info for a long time. As for Red Bull, is that a woosh?
    A woosh, are you saying Nike are in with a late bid? ;
  • Sponsored links:

• T_C_E said:

Redhenry said:

@Redhenry are your mob definately out now or could they be tabling a last minute bid?

are Red bull Still in?

No idea, no info for a long time. As for Red Bull, is that a woosh?
    A woosh, are you saying Nike are in with a late bid? ;
    JUST DO IT Roland!
  • To be honest, the transfer window opening tomorrow means it doesn't matter if the takeover is completed today or not, we're already well behind. A well run club would have been establishing targets since the January window closed and be ready to move for them now, with back-ups for if those moves don't materialise. Unless we've had someone in stasis planning for every eventuality we're going to have to really go some to have a window as good as we would like regardless of when the takeover is completed. In the meantime I'm happy just to focus on getting the bloody takeover confirmed on 14 different websites before I worry about who's going to stand up front wondering where the service is next season
  • edited May 2018
    Not happening today. DD hasn't been done by any parties, no offers made and no offers accepted as a result.

#doucher2.0
  • _MrDick said:

Don't get too hung up on work permits for young Australian talent. There are 100's of non-international standard Kiwi's, Aussies, Fijians, South Africans playing rugby for money at non-premiership clubs across the country. They haven't had any problems with Visa's

We will end up with Fijian footballers.
  • _MrDick said:

We will end up with Fijian footballers.
    Least they will be physical bunch! Will cope with the rigors of league 1 and Shrewsbury!
  • How did we sign Maynard-Brewer with the Australian Work Permit issues?

Is he half-English?
  • Redrobo said:

J BLOCK said:

Were already well behind other clubs when it comes to transfer targets, we don’t even have a manager. This needs to be completed today.

I suspect the next manager already knows he is coming in and will be identifying his targets.
    Excellent point, and one that I had completely missed.

I think we can deduce that Lee is not going to be our manager or someone from the consortium would surely have spoken to him. Whoever they have decided upon has probably been aware for a while and has been formulating his plans.
    Why do posters think that someone from the consortium would have spoken to him....one way or the other.
    They don’t own us and are not in the position to sack him or hire him.
  • Imagine you are going to take over the club any day and you want Bowyer to be the manager. What would you do?
  • edited May 2018
  • The club will announce its retained and released list on the 18th May. Doesn't sound like there is any takeover imminent, unless the new management have been involved in making these lists....before even an announcement about who they are??
  • Sponsored links:

• How did we sign Maynard-Brewer with the Australian Work Permit issues?

Is he half-English?

Yes......but I’m not sure if it’s the Maynard half or the Brewer half.
    Boom....boom!
  • I'd like to think our scouting team (if there is such at thing at Charlton..) have been identifying some targets, rather than just been sitting on their arses for months on end. Or am I being too optimistic?
  • Eddickted said:

I'd like to think our scouting team (if there is such at thing at Charlton..) have been identifying some targets, rather than just been sitting on their arses for months on end. Or am I being too optimistic?

Isnt that the job of that ex-QPR bloke?
  • KINSELLA7 said:

The club will announce its retained and released list on the 18th May. Doesn't sound like there is any takeover imminent, unless the new management have been involved in making these lists....before even an announcement about who they are??

This is just development squad stuff, apart from Kashi, isn't it?
    I presume they'll do what they did when Riga resigned... they'll announce the Development Squad released players (as presume that'll be decided between Avory and Euell) whereas any first teamers out of Contract will probably be mentioned as negotiations will begin shortly - Unless of course Kashi has had other offers and has already signed something
  • _MrDick said:

I beg to differ. The issue has been a major focus on sports visas for the last year, after Home Office rules changed. Ask any local cricket club if they found it easy to get an overseas player this year and none will tell you it was as straightforward as it used to be...
  • I reckon Jackson and Gallen are making the decisions after input from Avory and Euell/Baltacha.
  • KINSELLA7 said:

The club will announce its retained and released list on the 18th May. Doesn't sound like there is any takeover imminent, unless the new management have been involved in making these lists....before even an announcement about who they are??

with Lennon signing a new deal the only senior pro out of contract is Kashi.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!