Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2018
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Chizz said:

Taxi_Lad said:

For me Bowyer plus Curbs as director of football would be marvellous.
    Would also like to think there would be a place for Varney and or Steve Sutherland with Susie Sausage back at the secretarial helm as well....if she was interested that is.

would Bowyer want someone (even curbs) overseeing him? to my mind he's very much his own man and not sure how this would fit.
    Lee Bowyer has never signed or sold a player, never negotiated a signing, never dealt with players' agents' demands over salary and bonuses, never dealt with ambitious youth team players demanding a first team guarantee, never had to rebuff other teams making offers for players, never dealt with players demanding an immediate sale. He's never planned a pre-season schedule, hired an assistant, sacked a coach or managed the first team in a friendly or chosen a team for cup match. That's not to say he couldn't do all these things in time, it's just to demonstrate he has no relevant experience in any of them.

Like every other Duchatalet appointment, he failed to get promoted. But, unlike most of them, he bettered his predecessor's record and improved the team's record (although not sufficiently). He could make a good manager. And if he were appointed, it would be welcomed by a lot of people. But if he were to claim he could do everything required as part of a five-year plan to reach the Premier League, single handed, I don't think that would be seen as credible.
    Of course he is inexperienced and would need support - but most of the list in your first paragraph is the domain of the CEO. That’s where we need a strong candidate. I know of one who would fit the bill!

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Would also like to think there would be a place for Varney and or Steve Sutherland with Susie Sausage back at the secretarial helm as well....if she was interested that is.

would Bowyer want someone (even curbs) overseeing him? to my mind he's very much his own man and not sure how this would fit.
    I think he’d welcome the idea.
  • Options
    Isn't Bowyer ineligible for permanent manager, not having the required badges?
  • Options

Only for teams in the top 2 leagues
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Fantastic and exciting news! Can't wait for next season ! Great work James :)
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Lee Bowyer has never signed or sold a player, never negotiated a signing, never dealt with players' agents' demands over salary and bonuses, never dealt with ambitious youth team players demanding a first team guarantee, never had to rebuff other teams making offers for players, never dealt with players demanding an immediate sale. He's never planned a pre-season schedule, hired an assistant, sacked a coach or managed the first team in a friendly or chosen a team for cup match. That's not to say he couldn't do all these things in time, it's just to demonstrate he has no relevant experience in any of them.

Like every other Duchatalet appointment, he failed to get promoted. But, unlike most of them, he bettered his predecessor's record and improved the team's record (although not sufficiently). He could make a good manager. And if he were appointed, it would be welcomed by a lot of people. But if he were to claim he could do everything required as part of a five-year plan to reach the Premier League, single handed, I don't think that would be seen as credible.
    Hang on, I thought every appointment proved to be the right decision and our league ranking improved every time?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:

Taxi_Lad said:

As a former player though, he would know how all this stuff should work, more than our previous manager could say.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Good spot
    I failed in attempt to make some of the text in a previous quote go bold. I know how to do it, but despite using the correct symbols it didn't work.

I'm better with dishwashers, basically.
    No problem with that mate I'm better with pot noodles.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Perhaps Two Shats would like to sign him up as our newest manager then.

Oops, due to a total hand-mouse coordination fuck up, I managed to post on completely the wrong thread.
  • Options
    Just back from a few days in Italy - just wanted to belatedly say well done James Seed. :)
  • Options

He can manage in L1 and The Championship.
  • Options
    Can’t believe we are on the verges of being taken over by a couple of dishwashers!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Only for teams in the top 2 leagues
    So what you're saying is... Bowyer threw the play-off tie to buy more time to earn his badges?!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2018
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!