Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chesterfield vs Charlton post match views

For me it was an afternoon of basking in consolidation at the Proact - lovely feeling

Shoulda let JJ have the pen

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2017
    The performaces seem to have picked up i recent weeks. Do you think the players know something we don't? #takeover#rumours
  • Options
    Swindon down ahead of Sunday...
  • Options
    Thanks to all the posters on the match thread, from which it sounds like Pearce was the MotM.
  • Options
    Can I assume we are mathematically safe, now?
  • Options
    Watched on facebook, was like a friendly in every way.

Jacko should have taken the pen

So annoying watching Millwall stumble over the line, and they will probably go up :(
  • Options
    Yawn, another win.
  • Options

Watched on facebook, was like a friendly in every way.

Jacko should have taken the pen

So annoying watching Millwall stumble over the line, and they will probably go up :(

What are Southend playing at. Two winnable games and they don't even get a point.
  • Options

Can I assume we are mathematically safe, now?

Going to the wire I'm afraid @NapaAddick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2017

iamdan said:

Intercourse with the wife was more interesting.

That's not what she said
    She was playing Candy crush
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    LoOkOuT said:

I think we're now seeing the importance of having a top six budget for this league.

Said Iamdans wife during intercourse.....
  • Options
    Brilliant away journey, until I was unable to locate any off-licence or super market in chesterfield town centre.

What a backwards place
  • Options

Brilliant away journey, until I was unable to locate any off-licence or super market in chesterfield town centre.

What a backwards place

A dry train journey home from an away game is absolutely criminal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where are we in the mini league of 9 now
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Not bothered about today but sitting at the airport with a long flight delay, I looked up the post match thread from the Chesterfield game during the promotion season

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/46546/charlton-v-chesterfield-post-match-views/p1

Great posts from NLA & Incorruptible Addick on page 7
  • Options

What a backwards place

Ahh shoulda gone to the Tesco Extra next to ground and supped cans all the way to town :wink: and the rest on the train.

First half all the players from both sides looked liked they were having a sand castle competition. Second half slightly better and the goal seemed to bring an end to the proceedings until a slack defence (again) made it an interesting few minutes. Their forward's clatter into Rudd when they scored almost spoiled a pleasant afternoon. As for the penalty, why not let JJ take it? Some players need to look at why he's loved by the fans and they aren't.

573 travelling fans were vocal throughout with most songs anti-regime. Sad for Chesterfield. They seem decent friendly fans and the owners have put work in to get and stay at this level.
  • Options
    Could have done with more wins earlier in the season, games like this wouldn't be dead rubbers then.
  • Options
    A decent game with Aherne-Grant impressing with his work rate and no little skill in the first half. Subs a bit baffling, would have liked to see Diksteel given some game time. Thought both full backs had decent games, and Pierce had another good performance at the centre of the defence. Had a discussion with mates who would go in goal if Rudd couldn't continue. Josh had already been subbed, so voted for Novak, as he would have filled most of the goal!
  • Options
    Awful match. Two poor teams. Would have hated to travel all the way and not seen us win.

I wish JJ would of taken the penalty
  • Options

I have never wished for the season to be over as much as this one. They've completely ground me down. Roll on next weekend.